Chủ Nhật, 30 tháng 9, 2018

Waching daily Sep 30 2018

Of course I would like to leave.

For some reason it is a phenomenon to leave Russia.

Will your life change if you decide to go abroad?

it is better abroad.

Maybe life is better there.

Russia is not the worst place to live but it's not the best.

If I had a chance, I would like to leave this country.

I like Russia because for me it's something mysterious.

There is no better place.

My name is Pauline.

I'm here because of work.

I'm from Paris but it has been

six years since I have lived abroad,

Here I work at the French Institute.

as part of the cultural division for the French Embassy.

I am in charge of cultural and linguistic projects.

In the beginning I lived in Uzbekistan.

Then I worked in Kyrgyzstan, in Bishkek.

After that I came back to Europe for a year

to study and then I wound up here, in Saint-Petersburg.

I've been a year now.

I am from Thailand.

I was studying at the university there,

but then I received a scholarship

and started pursuing a degree

in journalism here in St. Petersburg.

I didn't know anything about Russia

except that it is a big country.

Russia is a huge country.

I find that the cities and streets are very large,

while in France everything seems so small.

Usually I like walking in the city center,

but I also like the last stations of the subway.

There are buildings

which I think only exist in Russia.

I don't think they are beautiful,

but still, I think they're pretty cool.

There are questions like, "Where to eat?

What to eat? Where to go?"

And there is a feeling that you are in the jungle.

You don't know where to meet people,

or for example, where to take your keys.

I get answers from familiar people,

people who have lived here,

or that knows somebody who has lived here.

In the beginning these things are difficult

and I am alone,

but at the same time it is very exciting.

I couldn't understand anything during my first year here,

and nobody spoke to me.

I sat alone during class

thinking to myself,

"Why am I here?"

Policemen are always asking me for money.

Last time it was near my dorm.

I went to buy a water when policemen came to me

and asked for my insurance, registration, and other documents.

I just wanted to buy a water.

Do I need to bring all my documents for that?

I think there can't be a better place.

It depends on what you're searching for.

I think that the idea to leave a country

in order to find a better place is exaggerated,

but I think it is important to leave

in order to understand that your country is a good place.

Subtitles: Nicholas Cade Graham

Director: Dina Iliasova

Director of photography: Valeria Ermakova

Sound director: Victoria Carpich

Saint-Petersburg State University for film and television

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét