Thứ Bảy, 29 tháng 9, 2018

Waching daily Sep 30 2018

I'm Jim McKinnon, and this is DFW Plastics.

My mom and dad started it in 1978.

My dad was one of the very first innovators in plastic water meter enclosures.

We may have had a corporate name, but it was him and his family.

That's what made it special.

And it makes it special today; because when you come into it, you can still feel that my dad is here.

I'm not my dad, and never will be.

And neither are my siblings,

but all four of us together have taken it and have expanded it.

And it's grown exponentially since my father has passed away.

He was very loving and gregarious. And giving!

He would have just given his shirt off his back to anybody.

So as God blessed him, he always looked at opportunities to help other people.

And if he didn't have the money, he would figure out how to get the money.

Or he would give the last dime he had and figure out how he was gonna feed us.

That's just who he was.

That's something he instilled in all four of us, is to give back.

That when God blesses you, bless others.

[God is] saying 'take that and expand upon it and give to others, and let them grow.'

That's why He's blessing us.

We just started, each year, giving money as an annual sponsor.

And then, my wife and myself and my kids, we give to the backpack drive

or to Christmas, or special things that touch our heart through the process.

But I think that everybody should have an opportunity to be involved in their local nonprofit;

the one that is helping a neighbor down the street or is talking with the kids that go to school with your kids.

Those are the opportunities where you get to build that community and build those relationships.

And without those relationships, the community will begin to dissolve.

You knock those walls down, those barriers; then you can be family and friends and community.

If you're looking for an organization that gives back and has results

and is dealing with the community and its needs

then this is a phenomenal program to give to.

Even when I'm off the board, we will still give. Because it is something that's a privilege to do.

And lives are changing.

For more infomation >> Jim McKinnon: This is Home - Duration: 2:18.

-------------------------------------------

Iyanla Asks Cynthia Bailey Whether Sister Malorie Is a Gold Digger | Iyanla: Fix My Life | OWN - Duration: 2:11.

IYANLA VANZANT: I'd like to know what you see and hear

in terms of why she's here.

Mal really loved--

she's always loved the idea of being in a relationship.

She always loved the idea of being married.

Why?

She wanted to be a wife.

She wanted to be taken care of.

And what do you see, mom?

Malorie, it seemed like she always wanted

someone to be there for her.

They just kind of took care of her, you know.

She didn't have-- - Financially.

Financially.

That's what I know, and I could be very wrong, is

what I know as a gold digger.

Well.

[UNCOMFORTABLE LAUGHING]

Um. Well--

- Isn't that what it's called? - That's true.

That's true.

I know the financial security part of it

was always a big deal for her.

But how do these men and the way they

treat her reflect the way her father treated her mother?

Mom?

My husbands, they were physically

and mentally abusive.

Right.

I kind of claim responsibility for that, because when I got

married I was, like, what, 17?

So I didn't even really know the man.

What, three months?

You don't really know anyone, right?

IYANLA VANZANT: And are you aware

that Malorie married her husband after only

knowing him 2 and 1/2 months? - Yeah.

Yes.

We know because she went and got married in Vegas

without even telling me.

And, you know, it hurt me.

Well, I think one of the reasons why

we weren't invited to the wedding

is because she didn't want us to--

Tell her the truth.

--tell her not to get married after two months.

Tell her the truth.

CYNTHIA BAILEY: Exactly.

If she doesn't want to hear us, hear our answer,

then she just won't bring it to us.

And she just does what she wants to do.

BARBARA BAILEY: Yeah.

Or we tell her something she's not ready to hear.

She just don't want to hear.

And then she gets upset.

IYANLA VANZANT: What does that look like, upset?

That means-- what that looks like is she will cut us off

for a couple months at a time.

Like, she will just stop communication.

Oh, you mean like her husband just did her?

Yeah.

IYANLA VANZANT: Oh. - Yeah.

IYANLA VANZANT: Interesting.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét