Chủ Nhật, 30 tháng 9, 2018

Waching daily Sep 30 2018

A couple of months ago, I was browsing my AniList feed when I noticed a curious pattern…

a not insignificant amount of my friends were absolutely tearing through Futari wa Precure.

Now, I knew of the show's existence, but was completely baffled at why a show that

had finished airing over a decade ago was now picking up steam among my circles.

It finally came to me when I finished catching up with Hugtto Precure.

The latest episode had featured Cure Black and Cure White, the "Futari wa" of "Futari

wa Precure."

And while it now made sense why the OG series had such renewed interest, it got me thinking

about exactly what drives us to do things like binge a hundred episodes for characters

that have less than 10 minutes of screen time.

I think the answer is that context is king (or queen).

Human beings are curious creatures, and obtaining proper context behind something can be a large

source of enjoyment.

In this case, my friends were seeking to establish a stronger connection with Nagisa and Honoka,

thus making their appearance in Hugtto carry that much more weight.

In philosophy, there exists two fancy terms in regards to knowledge, a priori and a posteriori.

And despite sounding like they're straight from the middle ages, their meanings are quite

simple.

A priori literally means "from the earlier," and represents knowledge that is independent

of experience—basically things that you could reason for yourself without consulting

*any* outside reference, even your own senses.

However, Cure White and Cure Black's appearances in Hugtto Precure are an example of a posteriori

knowledge, the literal definition being (not surprisingly), "from the later."

You would have to know of Futari wa Precure's existence in order to know who they are, and

you would've had to have seen the show to know what they're all about.

This dichotomy between a priori knowledge and a posteriori knowledge is an interesting

component of how we view anime.

It's not exactly a perfect comparison, since a priori knowledge refers to things like math

and tautologies (Fun things are fun!), but I'm using it here to refer to what we can

glean from purely the anime itself, compared to what we get with the benefit of outside

knowledge and context.

You're kind of able to "have your cake and eat it too," meaning you're able to

derive the meaning and enjoyment inherent within a show's given narrative, and then

later reap the benefits of recontextualization that a posteriori knowledge provides.

And I can't think of a better show that showcases this than Madoka Magica.

Depending on the framework from which you approach it, different themes are either emphasized

or outright revealed entirely—making the gaining of perspective something that everyone

should pursue, it can only make a good show even better.

Not to say that Madoka isn't already fantastic on its own merits—one can clearly see that

purely from a priori knowledge, or everything that's in the show itself.

For example, a common thing to hear is that one must watch at least up to episode 3 of

Madoka in order to give it a fair shake, however this implies that Madoka doesn't reveal

what kind of show it is at first glance.

There is a noticeable attempt at misdirection, but SHAFT and Urobuchi left plenty of clues

for one to pick up on.

A simple look into the directing and cinematography betrays the show's sinister nature, well

before episode 3.

In fact this intricate attention to detail and symbolism is not unique to Madoka's

start, there is plenty of foreshadowing to be gleaned if one simply pays attention.

But even to the most inattentive viewer, I don't know how you could make it through

the fever dream that is the opening scene set to Kalafina's Magia and still expect

a happy go lucky magical girl anime.

However, what happens if you go into Madoka having read Goethe's Faust, a well regarded

piece of German literature?

Well, it'd be pretty much like "seeing the Matrix" or turning the lights on.

A number of doors leading to renewed appreciation of the show open to you.

You'd probably notice how Madoka's beginning mirrors Faust's, with the two titular characters

both lamenting their positions in life, and you bet that you wouldn't trust Mephistopheles

stand-in Kyubey for a single second, since you were probably anticipating the infamous

Faustian bargain.

If your fansub group was dedicated enough, or if you just really liked cryptography,

the opening title card whose runes proudly displays 'Prologue in Heaven 2011" would

clue you in immediately.

You would be primed to look for the themes of morality, life and death, and spirituality

that are present in Faust, and be on the edge of your seat seeing how Madoka presents its

own version of a classic story.

And you'd kind of already be expecting a tragedy, knowing that Faust accepted a bargain

with consequences he was ill-prepared to deal with.

Though, I acknowledge that the vast majority of anime-watchers probably haven't read

Faust.

The point of this video is not to admonish you for not having read classic literature,

but rather encourage you to seek context, any context, since it can only add to the

experience.

For example, I didn't go into Madoka with Faust in mind, and as such missed many of

the Faustian elements.

Instead, I came into it just having taken psychology, meaning the doors that opened

for me were different, but I think just as valuable.

You see, there's a famous thought experiment known as the trolley problem.

You're a train track operator faced with a dilemma, a runaway train is barreling towards

a group of five unknowing workers, while another track only has a single worker.

Do you sit back and do nothing?

Or do you switch the tracks to sacrifice one for the lives of many?

This ethics thought experiment has been discussed for quite some time, and while some may have

the answer come to them immediately, it usually ends up being a hard choice.

Utilitarianism indicates that not only is it the moral choice, it is obligatory for

one to switch the tracks.

However, some argue that making an active decision in the process makes you responsible

for the death when it would just be an unfortunate incident otherwise.

Kyubey presents basically the exact same dilemma from a utilitarian view.

Is the suffering of a (relative) few justifiable to save the lives of many, in this case "many"

being the entire universe.

While one can pick up on this question of whether or not the "greater good" is worth

it, having knowledge of the trolley problem adds a new tinge and nuance to the theme,

and if one wished, they could read up on the decades of prior discussion surrounding it.

Is it worth losing Madoka for the sake of everyone else?

Ultimately the end of the series, as well as Homura...says no.

Something interesting to note is that this theme of one's actions being part of a greater

whole is also present in Faust—meaning one can arrive at the same conclusions from different

starting points.

You just need to go out and get them.

Speaking of starting points, when one watches Madoka within their anime career can drastically

change their opinion of the show.

For example, if you were relatively new to anime you might consider Madoka "darker"

than you expected of the mahou shoujo genre.

And to that statement, anyone who has seen Princess Tutu or Sailor Moon might laugh at

you.

Atelier Emily notes in her blog "For Me in Full Bloom" that for her, "Madoka was

always a celebration of the magical girl genre.

It takes existing tropes from other series of its ilk and revels in them, rather than

repositioning them to say something new.

The ending of Madoka, where Homura Akemi and Madoka Kaname embrace each other in a galaxy

is a fantastic homage to the finale of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars."

This is where anitube and aniblogging excel, you could say a large portion of their value

lies in the provision of a posteriori knowledge.

Another common misconception is that something like Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero is a Madoka rip-off,

but like Zeria states in the aptly named "Stop Calling Everything a Madoka Rip-off!", their

differences become readily apparent given one has the tiniest foothold in the genre.

As for me personally, watching Cardcaptor Sakura and Princess Tutu ramped up my appreciation

of something like Madoka, and I think it's incredibly important to go back and mingle

with the classics.

They've stood the test of time for a reason, and you should know how a genre plays it straight

before diving into the quirks and twists that future iterations may implement.

I often get comments along the lines of "Man, I wish I could see anime the way you do."

But, at the risk of dispelling this notion that I'm some sort of "enlightened

mind," I'm not special.

I just have a particular background and prior context that I bring to the shows I watch.

Hell, do you know what was on my mind watching the last third of Cardcaptor Sakura?

The fact that neurons are myelinated.

Because without a little bit of resistance, nerve impulses can't travel as fast, and

I saw Eriol as providing that push-back for Sakura, forcing her to adapt and become stronger.

As a result, he was never that much of a villain to me, due to my background in biology.

So here's my plea to you.

Read more things, watch more anime.

Because how you experience anime is shaped by what contextualization you have available

to you.

Watching One Punch Man is a riot in and of itself, but it's a different experience

entirely having seen DBZ, the unorthodoxy of Ore Monogatari!!'s main character may

be lost on someone who has never seen or read a shoujo, and while I saw a landmark African

text in Little Witch Academia, Caffeinated Telescope's interpretation of Akko representing

a young creator is just as valid, if not more in line with Yoshinari's intent.

Whether it means reading literature, watching old anime, or more content from me and my

peers—I just want you to give yourself more doors to open.

It can only make already great anime somehow even better.

Thanks for watching and be sure to like and subscribe for more content.

Here's a reminder that for most of my videos I provide additional reading and references

in the description below, not only because I want to be accountable, but because I want

to encourage this expanding of perspective that I stress in this video.

If you enjoyed the video, you may enjoy this one by Kor Reviews talking about why we should

watch old anime without resorting to weird latin words like I had to.

And of course if anything I said was wrong, I'm sorry.

I must've stuttered.

For more infomation >> Anime is Better Being Well-read (Or Well-watched!) - Duration: 10:02.

-------------------------------------------

Prince Harry has 'changed' since marrying Meghan Markle - and is 'more aloof' - Duration: 2:34.

 Getting into a serious relationship can change people's personalities - for better or worse

 Arthur Edwards, who has photographed the Royal Family for over 40 years, has watched Prince Harry grow from a young boy, through his turbulent teenage years and into the man he is today

 The royal snapper claims he has seen a change in Harry recently, particularly since he tied the knot with Meghan Markle in May

 He reckons that Harry has "massively changed", becoming "more aloof" - but that he's "very protective of Meghan"

 "He would always have a good relationship with the media. He would always engage in some way; that's completely stopped now," Arthur explained on The Royal Box

 "He's changed a bit yeah, I mean he's still Harry and he's still lovely and he's still the most popular member of the Royal family

"  The photographer said that he is very protective over his new wife, remarking that the loved-up pair "never stop holding hands"

 He wonders whether Harry has become more serious now he's taken on a more senior role in the Royal Family

 "Maybe he sees that the time joshing with Usain Bolt or hugging the Jamaican Prime Minister or getting sprayed with paint in Barbados," the photographer continued

 He added that perhaps the prince thinks "it's time to stop now".  Prince Harry and Meghan went to Ireland on their first overseas tour as a married couple in July, where they visited Croke Park, the home of Hurling

 Arthur Edwards claimed Prince Harry was given the chance to hit the ball but turned down the opportunity, which he thought was out of character

 He said: "There would have come a time when he would have hit that ball out of the ground I would assure you

"

For more infomation >> Prince Harry has 'changed' since marrying Meghan Markle - and is 'more aloof' - Duration: 2:34.

-------------------------------------------

This Recipe is going Crazy in the World! Heal your Knees and Rebuilds Bones and Joints - Duration: 1:50.

Aging brings about numerous age-related ailments, and as the body weakens, our bones and joints

wear out too.

The pain in the knees, bones, and joints is quite intense and debilitating and reduces

the ability to finish even the simplest daily tasks.

Aging mostly affects our knees, as they support even 80% of the body weight while standing.

The joints also wear out due to improper body posture and excessive weight, long periods

of standing, etc.

However, there is a highly effective natural remedy which will soothe the pain and restore

the vitality of your body.

It causes no side effects as it is completely natural.

The following natural miracle will treat the pain in the joints and bones regardless of

their cause:

Knee, bone and joint pain- remedy

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder

1/2 cup of warm olive oil/ 1 cup of apple cider vinegar

1/2 inch grated ginger

Instructions:

You should add the cayenne pepper and the grated ginger to the warm olive oil, or apple

cider vinegar, you can choose.

Then, stir to prepare a paste.

Use:

Apply the paste on the painful areas twice a day and leave it to act for at least 20

minutes.

Use:

Cayenne pepper is high in a potent component known as capsaicin, which relieves pain.

Its powerful natural analgesic properties cause a warm sensation and soothe the discomfort

and pain.

After a few weeks, you will notice that your tendons and ligaments are significantly strengthened,

the inflammation is soothed, and the pain will gradually disappear.

For more infomation >> This Recipe is going Crazy in the World! Heal your Knees and Rebuilds Bones and Joints - Duration: 1:50.

-------------------------------------------

Entrepreneurship Is The Best Personal Development Program - Duration: 12:53.

Are you interested in personal development? Well,

entrepreneurship is Bar None the best personal development program there is.

-Wow, I'm going to need to hear more. Alright .I'm going to start this up with

one exception because I think religion could fall as as the exception. But next to

religion, I'm going to definitely say that entrepreneurship, oh man. It is. -Calm down, Nate.

-You're growing every single day. -Your energy is overflowing.

Oh man. -This is me with my energy overflowing. I've never been more excited

in my entire life. Okay, so... How many people... I'm... This is a question, we didn't

prepare this. I'm just curious. How many people do you know that went to business

school that now run a business like they're entrepreneurs? Versus that our

employees for businesses. -Mmmm. I'm going to say one. I have one that I can think of

right off the bat. The others I think I'll work for, work for the man. -Okay. So,

one out of several? -Yeah. -Okay. -Right now just that quick of a question. -I admit. I

only know one person that went to business school but he is an employee. He's

not a business owner. -And I know a lot of business owners that didn't go to

business schools. A million of them. -Yeah. I know hundreds, you know millions.

Yeah. So, I got a bachelor's degree but it was in human biology. I certainly, I

looking back I thought, "Maybe it would have been cool to take some business

classes." But it's all about trial and error. And learning from your mistakes.

And when you're trying to figure something out you're just... It's

engaged learning. -It's experiential learning, right? I mean, it's literally the

laboratory of life where you go, "You know what?" In fact, you know, it's interesting

you have a lot of people who are business owners who go back to school

because they feel like they want... If they want to make themselves more valuable

for a potential employer. First of all, I see your eyes go... I see you go, "Why in the

world would a business owner go back to work?" And it's true. But some

do. Because their businesses fail. But then they get back to the work. -They get a

little letter or something that can put after their name.

-Yeah. -Little, little initials, right. That's true. It does help on a resume. But

ultimately, though they do learn... There's certain things that are kind of hard

facts, if you will, the theory of business leadership and business management and

whatever else, administration. But they learn more in that, the time that they

ran their own business. Because it's where the rubber hits the road. It's

where they really dealt with actual employees as opposed to just learning

the theory of organizational development. -Yeah. -You know. And behavior and all if that stuff. So, I

took five years to get my degree at BYU. -Of human biology. -Yeah I was a... I fell

some classes and... -What's this? What's this bone? -The ulna or the radius. -Yes. He doesn't even

know. Well, no it depends on where your arm is twisting at. - I just trapped him. He doesn't know. -Okay.

-I was going to say. Anyway, sorry. So, you did five years to

get your degree. -And I learned a lot. -Of course. -I learned a lot but looking back,

I've learned so much more since graduating.

How about human biology? No, not about human biology but certainly quantity of

knowledge and definitely applicable. Like applied knowledge. Because I didn't go

into dentistry. Nothing to do with medicine or... -Of what he was dreaming of.

Now, I value my science background because I think kind of in a scientific

way. And I valued that. I love, you know, kind of the scientific method. -Yeah. You

know? -Office ease. -Yeah. Making sure you've got a good sample size. And I've got this

foundation. But really everything that I've learned at business is all been

self-taught just because entrepreneurship can be really tough. It

can be really tough. And I'd all be transparent and admit that the majority

of the years that I've been an entrepreneur, I have not been successful

financially. It's been a struggle. But I've been so darn committed to it

because I love it. And passionate about it and even when the bank account is in

the negative, I still believe in what I'm doing. And it's,

it's such a relief. I've stuck with it on. And I'm here. I look back at all those

hard times. I look at all the hard times that I've had. -This is cathartic for him.

And I look back at all those hard times and the lessons that I learned and the person

that I've become in the process. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

-Yeah. -I would not trade it. -Yeah, well you live and learn. Really that's what

it. Is as I'm saying is, the school of hard knocks,

you know, the kindergarten of getting the crap kicked out of you. You know, whatever

you call it. You know, it's just the lessons of actually getting out and

doing it. Holy cow. If he had just dawn and gotten

a degree and spent all that time getting that... And I'm not saying there's anything

wrong with getting an MBA or anything like that. It's going to work for the vast

majority who become CEOs of major corporations or bigger small companies.

But the entrepreneurial spirit is just strap on a pair and go do it. And you

know, you take some mitigated risks, you fail now and then, you learn from your

failures and you stay. But this is it: It's being committed to what you started

with. It goes through modifications through time. But the basic kernel of

what you started with is the same basic thing that you have now. Except now, as

opposed to just being a turd, it's a polished turd. If you'll forgive the

disgusting imagery. But that's the old saying. And now, it's becoming more of

something vital and valuable and worthwhile. Stuff that you can teach

other people. Things that they come to you and they go, "Oh, great Nate." Hat in

hand, right up to the door. I've seen them. What can you tell me about my future? -Let's

switch gears and talk about creation. -Okay, I believe that we are...

We all have an innate desire to create. It can tie into a religion

beautifully. -I thought you meant THE creation. Just creation, okay. -I believe

that as God's children, we definitely have an instinct to create. (-Hmm) -That you

know, maybe your beliefs agree or a-line or disagree in some way.

-We certainly all share the desire to procreate.

-Okay. -Well, but I'm saying that's also creation, right? But I mean it is

propagating the species. Keep going. -Think about... Let's go back to business.

Entrepreneurship. When you're the creator of a company, you get to decide the direction

you get to create the products or services, you get to improve them. It's

very fulfilling. Especially when it succeeds. What provides me the

biggest amount of fulfillment is seeing my clients get a result.

The main reason why I don't sell website design anymore is not because it didn't

sell well. It's not because my clients... This is a real statistic. Over 99% of my

clients were happy with their websites. I tracked how many people complained out

of the 600 or whatever, there was only like three people that we couldn't

please. -Nice. And so, they were happy with their website. So, why in the heck did I

stop but it was profitable. Okay, my clients weren't getting a lot of traffic

to their websites. They were happy with it. It was beautiful but their family saw

it and it was just, "Hey, I've got a website, I'm legit." And also the

traffic that did go to their websites, they really weren't making

sales. It wasn't a conversion machine. -Yeah. -And it wasn't providing me

fulfillment because I wasn't helping my clients get results. I created something

but it's like, "Well, what good is this creation if it's not fulfilling its

ultimate purpose?" -Right, yeah. -And so, I've tried lots of different things and I

found this place here on YouTube where we can create YouTube videos, we can

launch a channel in a certain way, we can get a result and every one of my clients.

It's working. -Yeah. -It's working. -Yeah. -I love it.- It's cool. -So and I look back

and it's like, "Look where we're at. I created this." And it's just such a... -So for

you, that's really the payoff. The years of struggle and of challenges and

whatever else. I mean, it's worth it for you to get to a point where you go. I'm

actually... Not just doing what I want to do what I'm good at.

But what I've always wanted to do is to help my clients get results. To see the

results. -Yeah. And I look at that as that's huge personal development.

From where I started to where I am. I've really grown a lot just because of this

this opportunity. Okay. So, I kind of touched on this earlier about about business is

hard. Really, I've come to learn and embrace that mistakes really are

stepping stones success. -Mm-hmm. -And I don't intentionally

go out and try to do something that's going to fail. -Of course not. -Right? So it's

like... It's not like saying, "Ooh, I love mistakes. I love making mistakes." Because

we don't like making mistakes. But.. -They're opportunities. -Exactly.

Every mistake gives us an opportunity to learn. -Right. And then to do it again the

right way or better way. -Yeah, there are some organizations. Again, I'm a speaker

and a trainer. I deal with a lot of different organizations. And often, I hear

those that have a culture where they actually... They don't try to nurture

mistakes but they don't come down on hard on the person or fire them, Much

worse. They recognize them. They say, "Thank you. That's a lesson learned for us.

Because you failed on that, we now have our body of knowledge is growing based

on this particular product or service. We're never going to do that again. Thank

you. Here's a couple of tickets to a movie. We don't encourage you to screw up

again." But it's not, you know... -Wouldn't that'd be a cool boss to have? -And

they're and they're out there. That's what I'm saying. You know, they have that

same, that same mentality. -Alright. So, I want to wrap this up with a question

that came in on Quora. The anonymous person said, "When did you regret being an

entrepreneur?" So, I have I, as much as I loved it. I thought about that when have

I ever regretted being an entrepreneur. I wrote down a specific example. Because

there was a time, I remember it's a memory seared in my brain. I was sitting

in the Walmart parking lot needing to buy diapers. -In a car? -Yeah sitting in a

car. Did I not say car? -Sitting at the park lot. -I'm being very literal. Because if it's

seared in your brain maybe you were just sitting in the parking lot. -I was

in a car but I needed to buy diapers. But I knew that there was

no money. I knew our checking account was like slightly in the negative. And I just...

It was just a real emotional time. Like, What am I doing!!? You

know? Like, how come this isn't working. And I've had many instances

like that where... And you hear a lot. I heard from parents, I heard from friends,

"Why don't you just go get a job?" -Yeah. -Oh! I hate that. It's so emotional with that.

It's like, "Come on guys, I'm working way hard." You know?

-Well, but you know you can't... I know you... It's easy to say don't take things

personally, right? But I mean everyone that loves you it takes everything

personally. And they love everything about you. And so, that is just the

natural, that's the natural man, the natural man or woman saying, "Look, it's

not working. It's not that we don't believe in you. It's that we think your

business sucks." So, that's... Hopefully they never said that. But you know what I mean?

It's like, you know, there's a chance that.. And I think this is what's true. As

an entrepreneur, you conceive, deliver a diaper that baby. And so almost

symbolically, in the fact that you're at a Walmart parking lot and you're in your

overdraft, you're overdrawn on all of your funds. Just to get diapers for a

real child. But in a way it's like, your baby needs, you know, has a poopoo. You

know, your baby needs new diapers and you just don't even have enough to do that.

But you know, your your business is your baby. -Oh, yeah. I look at what I've created,

what I've done. and it's like, "Yeah, I'm behind but I'm not going to set this aside."

Because I believed in what I'm doing. And I've learned so much and I've

grown and say, "How could I throw this all aside and go back to being a stinking

employee?" That's how I... -In other videos, we've established already his complete

disdain for being employee. And that's I think what keeps you... Keeps driving you.

Which is awesome. What do I say after that? I've talked about poopoo and diapers and love. This has

been... We've really run the gamut of human emotion and waste. So the question that I

have for you that I'd like to see in the comments is "How is entrepreneurship a

personal development program for you?" Something that we didn't touch on here.

I will read it, I'll respond. Glad you're here. We'll see you tomorrow.

For more infomation >> Entrepreneurship Is The Best Personal Development Program - Duration: 12:53.

-------------------------------------------

Episode 2 MY FOOD TRUCK IS BUILT - Duration: 6:38.

What is going on

Jackie baby....... What do you think?

What is this?

Looks the part ah?

Its amazing

The Food Busker Truck, on wheels

mate, mate, we did it, just look at it!

Show me round

I fit, I fit!

six foot, five i am. Good on ya!

Then look at this

Its got all these cabinets and they just completely look the part, right. Its got all the....

and because the wheels are on the outside the

so the counter is lower down so you can be on the same level as your customers

Its an amazing space

Right chef we got 300 beef burgers to crack on with

Lets do it

For more infomation >> Episode 2 MY FOOD TRUCK IS BUILT - Duration: 6:38.

-------------------------------------------

Your sixth form is probably breaking the law - Duration: 5:04.

By the way, I don't have to do any homework. Why? Because the headmaster said that I looked

a bit peaky and maybe I should take a few days off.

I think that has to be the worst lie I have ever heard you tell.

Come and look at this from Ben's headmaster.

Ben has been looking a little peaky and it might be a good idea if he took a couple of

days off school.

So he was telling the truth.

Why would the headmaster suggest that our son take hang on it's ofsted next week isn't

it?

Although this example is light-hearted, the idea of schools hiding away the students like

Ben to protect their reputation is one of fact, not fiction.

In August 2017, a Grammar School was in the spotlight for this.

They had removed several Year 12 students from their sixth form for failing to meet

the grade requirements for progression to year 13.

The parents of these students made a legal challenge.

The main legal argument here was that the sixth form was excluding students.

Within the department for education guidelines, it states on paragraph 13 that ''It is

unlawful to exclude for a non-disciplinary reason.

For example, it would be unlawful to exclude a pupil simply because they have additional

needs or a disability that the school feels it is unable to meet, or for a reason such

as academic attainment/ability'' In September 2017- the department for education

sent out this email to Headteachers in England stating ''At all other points, including

between Year 12 and 13, it is unlawful to remove pupils as a result of their academic

attainment or ability.''

I think one main reason sixth forms exclude students for lack of academic attainment is

to protect their place on the league table.

By removing low-attaining students- they also remove the low grades- making their overall

rank higher.

It's still unclear exactly how many students are unlawfully excluded each year.

In 2016- there were 160,000 Year 12 students.

This number of students progressing to year 13 dropped 13% to 139,000.

It's impossible to know how many were excluded based on their grades but my own completely

unqualified non-expert guess would put in in the thousands.

I think one way to improve this is to reweight league tables.

The Government has changed exams- both GCSE's and A levels to lower the number of students

getting top grades.

This leads schools to go to extremes to ensure these top grades like unlawful exclusions.

Put less pressure on schools and teachers and they won't put pressure on students.

The FFT Education Datalab proposed a reweighting of the league tables.

It's mainly based on GCSE's league tables, but the change would have a similar effect

for A levels.

Currently, if a student leaves a school before January of year 11, then their GCSE results

will not impact the schools league table position.

The FFT education Datalab says that league tables should be changed so the results of

the students contribute to school's position based on how long they were at that school.

So, student A who has been at a school since year seven will have 100% of their results

impacting the schools league table position.

Pupil B who spent two years at a school will have 40% of their results impact the schools

league table position.

That means schools- or if applied to this case- sixth forms- wouldn't have such a

strong incentive to use off rolling or exclusions based on grades.

I was recently watching Mark Robers Ted Talk about the Super Mario effect.

He defines this as focusing on the princess and not the pits, to stick with the task and

to learn more.

Mark goes further into his findings to conclude that: so those who didn't see failing in a

negative light nearly had two and a half times more attempts to solve the puzzle as a result

naturally they saw more success and therefore learned more.

so if you think about that and sort of unpack these results the trick to learning more and

having more success is finding the right way to frame the learning process.

Education, by definition is about learning or ''an enlightening experience''.

By shifting education to be about high grades- this becomes less enlightening and more misled.

By Sixth forms using exclusions based on grades as a form of motivation or threat, according

to Mark Robers research and my own experience, it holds student's back from truly learning.

Sincerely, Rosa Scribbles

For more infomation >> Your sixth form is probably breaking the law - Duration: 5:04.

-------------------------------------------

Killing Eve: Who is Anna, and more questions posed by a tense episode 2 - Duration: 6:10.

Killing Eve: Who is Anna, and more questions posed by a tense episode 2

After a deliciously dark and witty first episode, in which screenwriter Phoebe Waller-Bridge deftly introduced us to ruthless female assassin Villanelle (Jodie Comer) and wannabe assassin-catcher Eve (Sandra Oh), this second instalment starts the work of putting the pair of women onto their inevitable collision course.

So while Villanelle is chasing some poor victim around his Bulgarian office ("Why are you doing this to me?" he whimpers, as she shrugs and replies "I have absolutely no idea" in case we'd forgotten how psychopathic she is), Eve – fired last week from her MI5 desk job – is meeting up with MI6 boss Carolyn (Fiona Shaw) to talk about the possibility that there's a female killer offing influential people around Europe.

"I once saw a rat drink from a can of Coke there, with both hands.

Extraordinary," Carolyn comments as they walk down a London side street, giving Shaw the best line (and delivery) of the episode and possibly the entire series.

Their chat leads to Carolyn asking Eve to set up her own unofficial team to investigate all the leads she has been secretly gathering, leads that are now emblazoned on the walls of a poky office ("It's like walking into the inside of my brain," Eve comments with barely concealed wonder).

Eve inherits computer whiz Kenny, and also brings in MI5 colleagues Bill (David Haig) and Elena (Kirby Howell-Baptiste) to help her.

Yes, the Scooby gang is assembled!.

While Eve discovers her new office's rather basic toilet facilities – whoever said being a spy was glamorous? – even chic Villanelle is dealing with the more mundane aspects of her job, agreeing to be 'assessed' before taking her next, eagerly anticipated, assignment ("This one has asthma – you know I like the breathy ones.

She even tries to do something normal by shagging cute neighbour Sebastian (poor, poor, Sebastian) but Villanelle's twisted side – which is somehow both impressive and stomach-churning at the same time – is definitely back with a vengeance as she commits her next murder.

Comer, quiet and showing little expression, is mesmerizingly creepy as she follows a businesswoman into a hotel toilet and offers her a sample of perfume that turns out to be a deadly concoction – the victim asphyxiating while our hit woman watches on.

If you didn't go to public toilets in a group before, you will after watching this.

It could be argued that this episode moves slower than the first, but it does establish a tiny bit of back story for Eve, revealed during her bumbling interview with Carolyn (Oh being awkwardly adorable, Shaw at her icy best), and gives us something that may be a clue as to why Villanelle does what she does without remorse.

Who is the mysterious Anna that she is asked about during her assessment? Someone she cared about in her past, her how-to-be-a-ruthless-killer mentor, or maybe even her first victim?.

That's just one of the questions this episode raises, but Killing Eve smartly doesn't yet answer.

It's clear Villanelle and her handler Konstantin (Kim Bodnia) work for someone higher up who is ordering the hits, but just who is it that is calling the shots? The same person who taught Villanelle how to make poisonous perfume?.

One theory is that Villanelle and Konstantin are working for a very powerful group that has infiltrated international politics, given that some of Villanelle's targets have political links.

They're certainly well funded, since not only does Villanelle boast a costume and wig-filled wardrobe that would make the spies of The Americans jealous, she also must have whopping dry-cleaning bills to remove all the blood splatter.

Whoever Villanelle's bosses are, it's clear by the end of the episode that they have someone on the inside, as Konstantin reveals to Villanelle that he knows about Eve and her supposedly clandestine investigation.

Could there be a mole inside MI6? Is this why Carolyn set up an off-the-books operation as she suspects someone on her own staff? (We've got our eye on Darren Boyd's Frank, mainly because he's smarmy).

Certainly by the end of the episode, the game has moved up a gear – Villanelle has a name and a face for her pursuer, just as Eve finally realises she may have already met the woman she is searching for.

All we can be sure of in this tense show that sharply subverts thriller conventions is that no one's safe from Villanelle's hit list.

So it's probably best not to get too attached to anyone, as you never know who may be next.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét