Thứ Sáu, 15 tháng 6, 2018

Waching daily Jun 15 2018

The newest Prince of Cambridge has not been seen in public since his birth, and was not at the wedding of his uncle Prince Harry and Meghan Markle last month nor the Queen's official birthday celebrations at the weekend

Prince Louis is expected to be christened in the coming months, as his older siblings, Prince George and Princess Charlotte were

The christening of the youngest child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge is expected to take place before the Royal Family start their summer holidays, according to experts

Jess Ilse, editorial assistant at the Royal Central, told Express.co.uk, she expects Kensington Palace to announce the christening shortly with a date likely towards the end of the month or July

She said: "If you look back at the birth of Princess Charlotte, she was born on May 2 and her christening was July 5

"So if you follow that model for Prince Louis' christening, I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced for the end of this month or July

Prince Charlotte was christened in front of the Queen, and close friends and family members at St Mary Magdalen Church on the Queen¹s Sandringham estate in Norfolk

Whereas Prince George was christened in the Chapel Royal at St James¹s Palace in London by the Archbishop of Canterbury on October 23 - around three months after his birth on July 22

When the world saw Prince George and Charlotte, it was the first time since their birth, and the same is expected for Prince Louis who has not been seen in an official capacity

Prince George was baptised in a replica of the lace and satin christening gown made for Queen Victoria's eldest daughter, Victoria, the Princess Royal in 1841

The Honita lace christening gown has been associated with royal baptisms, and Lady Louise Windsor, the daughter of Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex, was the last royal to wear this gown

The replica was commissioned by the Queen and made by the Queen¹s dresser - Angela Kelly - as the original was deemed too fragile to use any more and James, Viscount Severn, was the first royal to wear this gown in 2008

Ms Ilse explained the Cambridge family prefer to keep their christenings "short and sweet and to a small crowd" - only 22 guests were invited to Prince George¹s christening in 2013, with only senior royals, four members of the Middleton family, the seven godparents and their partners invited to the ceremony

There has been a lot of speculation over who will be chosen as godparents to Prince Louis, and whether Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, would be given the honour

However Ms Ilse said she unsure as she has not known the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for very long, however it could be good way to "welcome her into the family

"Zara Tindall is the only family member who has been chosen as a godparent by the couple, so it remains to be seen whether the duke and duchess will choose close family members this time around

"I wouldn't bank on Meghan just because the relationship they have known each for that long but i wouldn't be surprised if it was another way to welcome her into the family by making her a godmother," Ms Ilse said

"But they seem to pick close friends and family members, not in the spotlight."She told Express.co.uk, she expects a London location for the christening of Prince Louis, as the family of five live in London full-time

When Charlotte was christened, they were living on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk so Princess Charlotte was christened at St Mary Magdalene Church

Another tradition started by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert is the use of the Lily Font at royal christenings - the silver font was commissioned by the royal couple ahead of the birth of their first child

The font is kept at the Tower of London and will be transported to whichever location the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge choose for Prince Louis' christening

For more infomation >> Prince Louis christening: When is the christening? Who will be godparents? - Duration: 5:01.

-------------------------------------------

Why is Art Education Important for Kids??? - Duration: 3:28.

my name is Khadijah of McCaskill I am 26 years old from California I'm an artist

and a teacher and a youth worker and I am interning here at asociacion

crear as the lead after school instructor in Art. So this has been a

really exciting week at crear we have been going on field trips to see local

artists in Samara and this week is kind of a culmination of one of our art units.

so we are exhibiting a lot of the work that the students have completed

over the past two months and a lot of what they have done I think really shows

the progression that they've made as artists

I think art education is important because it is one of the few ways that

you can help students learn how to identify themselves visually I think

that there's so much room for growth and for freedom when it comes to art

education that it gives students an opportunity to figure out their

preferences even if it's just as simple as what color they like I think being

able to have that amount of choice in an educational setting with something like

art is is tantamount to the kind of positive youth development

that we all want I think that the kids have really loved the exhibition I think

that they've been really excited I've loved watching them kind of point out

their work to their parents and they turn into little

museum tour guides and I think that's one of the goals that I have for this

exhibit and one of the goals that I have in working with Samara in terms of art I

want them to have ownership over their creativity and over the visual story in Samara.

Some of my most positive things as an intern with CREAR is the amount of freedom

and support that I get I know that sometimes my ideas are like really out

there but I think that CREAR has been really great with not only managing my

expectations but giving me supporting still making what I want to happen

happen and I think that CREAR is a really good example of how you can

respond to what a community needs and provide something new as well.

For more infomation >> Why is Art Education Important for Kids??? - Duration: 3:28.

-------------------------------------------

What 13 Reasons Why is Really About - Madness In Media - Duration: 15:10.

[Music]

13 Reasons Why is the greatest television series of all t-

oh sorry I'm getting ahead of myself.

13 Reasons Why is a 2017 television series based on the 2007 novel of the same name.

The TV version sparked a great deal of controversy and I will attempt to address some of its criticisms,

all the while explaining why those same criticisms are the exact reasons I have

nothing but love and admiration for this show.

I've already covered 13 Reasons Why a couple of times, in a live speech and on my blog,

in "13 Reasons Mental Health Advocates Need to Watch 13 Reasons Why".

Though I will readily admit that I put this video earlier on my schedule to try to coast

off the release of season 2, the reason I keep coming back to this show is because there's

still so much more to say about it.

I'm not even going to address the second season because I know before I watch it that either

it says the same thing as the first one, and any commentary would be redundant, or it says

something different and merits a separate video.

In this video, all my thoughts on the show will be about season 1.

Another reason I keep coming back to this story is because I keep seeing angry rants

from so-called "mental health advocates" calling for petitions and boycotts against

a new season they obviously haven't seen considering these rants started flooding in before it was released.

Sometimes I wonder if these zealots ever saw one episode, because most of the arguments

I've seen are straw man nonsense.

If you honestly believe the main message of 13 Reasons Why is to "glorify suicide"

then your criticism has nothing to do with the actual story being told, and the only

thing you're really criticizing is your own bias.

I'm gonna tell you what 13 Reasons Why is really about.

The story begins with our title character Hannah Baker, a bisexual poet.

You thought I was gonna say "high school student" didn't you?

At this point she has been driven to suicide and already completed the act, but not before recording

and distributing audio tapes about the thirteen (13) people in her life who contributed to her downward spiral.

By beginning the story here, with Hannah's journey shown entirely in flashbacks, and

Clay's journey just beginning, the writer has laid out a thesis statement on the first

page of the first episode:

Hannah was killed.

The basic premise of this story rests upon and reinforces the notion that suicide is

caused by violence, cruelty, oppression, and apathy.

The message is laid out from the very beginning

and every moment that comes after is an argument to support that message.

13 Reasons Why is a persuasive essay, and it does a spectacular job of arguing its point.

I don't think you can really make a case that it's not compelling, only that some

counter argument has convinced you not to change your opinions in light of what you've seen.

I mean come on, if nothing else you gotta give props to the editor, because this is

one of those razor sharp movies where not a single frame is wasted.

Except it's not a movie.

It's an expansive epic and they kept that shit up for 12 hours!

But that doesn't matter, does it?

Hardly anyone is criticizing 13 Reasons Why for its plot, its characters, pacing, realism,

or really any aspect of it.

The backlash against this show has nothing to do with what's in the show.

What makes 13 Reasons Why so controversial is what was left out.

Hannah: "This was not a spur of the moment decision."

There are 13 reasons why this girl killed herself, and not a single one of them is a chemical imbalance.

Her first attempt at dating prompts a wave of slutshaming, her only friend in a new town

breaks up with her, the guy who broke them up paints a target on her back, a man rapes

a woman right in front of her, then rapes her, and when she sees a counselor about it,

he gaslights her.

No one inside the story ever suggests that Hannah Baker was mentally ill and would have

been fine if she just got on the right medication.

The only time we ever see a psychiatric drug is a brief exchange in the second episode,

and those were for Clay, not Hannah.

Don't misunderstand, I recognize that lots of people get great benefits from lots of

different drugs, and I absolutely support their right to take those drugs.

The context in this scene though, Clay's incompetent mother thinks grief over a friend's

death is the time to bring in pills as your first offer?

The writer almost seems to be mocking the suggestion.

Tony: "The police in my neighborhood are a little different from yours."

I don't think it was an accident that our two (2) most featured characters are both

kind of generic white, cis, able-bodied people with just enough hipsterism to be entertaining.

Clay may be Autistic and Hannah may be bisexual but the script never uses those words.

Because that's not the point.

This isn't about queer people being the only ones who get bullied,

or neurodivergent people being the only ones who struggle with grief.

You may take the cynical position that cinema is an industry of manufactured defaults

and that we got white leads for the same reason every other show has white leads.

I think that's a fair conclusion; I don't fault anyone for reaching it; but considering

how much diversity there is in the prominently featured supporting cast, I don't think that's what happened.

Allow me to offer an alternative: Hannah Baker had to be a white, cis, able-bodied, and trauma-notwithstanding

neurotypical girl who doesn't care for labels.

She was carefully crafted this way to maximize the number of people who would be willing

to believe her story, and minimize the number of people who are able to brush it off as

something that only happens to "other people".

She's not a victim of gentrification; she wasn't bullied for being queer; and she

didn't kill herself because of a tragic disability nor because of a "mental illness" telling her to.

She had things happen to her that could and do happen to anyone.

And how about Clay Jensen?

He's a socially awkward straight white male who has to come to grips with the fact that

although he's never the "alpha" in a social group, as a straight white male he

does still experience many unfair advantages; and before he realized that, his privileged

position of ignorance caused more problems for someone he cared about.

He starts off not understanding why his name is on the list.

Clay: "Why the hell am I on this!?"

and by the end he realizes that he made a lot of mistakes.

Clay: "I just left her there! She needed me and I walked away!"

Obviously not everyone who watches this show is a straight white male with a slight victim

complex, but we can all take the opportunity to think back to a time when we should have

done things differently.

Who is the protagonist of this story?

Clearly it must be Hannah, right?

The title is a reference to her actions, which serve as the premise of the story, as well

as the hook, the structure of the narrative arc and division of episodes, the center point

that connects all the other characters, and the big event that sets the rest of the plot in motion.

All of those things are true about Hannah,

but they aren't necessarily what makes someone the hero of the story.

In fact it's much more common in modern narrative styles to have an unsuspecting or unwilling

hero who some catalyst thrusts into the action: see Frodo from Lord of the Rings, Neo from

the Matrix, the version of Iron Man that kicked off the Avengers franchise, or Luke Anakin

Rey Jyn and Han frickin' Solo from you know what they're from, back to Hannah.

We see her journey but in cut-away snippets like an unraveling mystery.

We see a world with her in it but we never really see the world through her eyes.

We are mere observers trying to piece things together.

We see her the way Clay sees her.

That's what the story is really about.

Unless you're writing something experimental, you want your protagonist to be someone who

the audience can relate to.

Someone who they can see a piece of themselves in.

We never really get that from Hannah.

They tried to make her believable of course, but she isn't quite humanized because she

has more a important function to serve.

She is the catalyst.

And who does she catalyze?

You. The viewer.

This was never meant to be about warning suicidal people not to kill themselves, because in

all likelihood you are not Hannah Baker.

You are Clay.

♫ ...and I never shed a tear, another sign of my condition. ♫

You may find this story discomforting, even frightening, for the same reasons Clay is frightened.

Deep down you know you have made mistakes in your life, big and small as everyone has,

but taking ownership of those mistakes is painful.

It forces you to question your own moral character, forces you to grapple with your identity as

a good person.

And that's super uncomfortable so instead you try your damnedest to find reasons why

it wasn't your fault, it wasn't your responsibility, it should have been handled by a professional.

But that professional's job title only exists because the world needed someone

to clean up after your mistakes.

The idea that you are responsible for the well-being of other people in your life is

frightening because it would mean that every time you blew someone off to pass them on

to a professional, you did something wrong.

Really wrong.

The kind of thing that only bad people do.

I believe the purpose of art is to bring comfort to the afflicted, and affliction to the comfortable.

13 Reasons Why, both the novel and the show, are here to bring truth.

A truth that we already know deep down but would never face directly unless

a work of art shows it to us.

If the truth makes you uncomfortable, then this work of art has done its job.

♫ ...the reason for the run and hide had totaled my existence ♫

Though Hannah serves as our narrator, she does not begin her journey as a robot that delivers exposition.

So she does not say "I am thinking about suicide."

but as she racks up trauma after trauma, it becomes all she can think about.

And yes, I am going to show that scene, because this commentary, like the story, would be

incomplete and lack impact without it.

I'm going to warn you before I do, I'm going to say the word "blood"

enunciated very clearly and then countdown from 3.

I think that's reasonable. Moving on.

♫ ...shouted for someone to open the lock, I just gotta get through the door ♫

Hannah does reach out.

She tries to be social and gets punished for it.

She tries to ask for help, and gets dismissed.

She explores every avenue she can think of, and tries as hard as SHE is capable of trying.

But nothing works, and by process of elimination,

suicide becomes the only option that SHE has available to her.

♫ Gotta knock a little harder ♫

So she does it.

In the book, Hannah kills herself with pills.

It works in that medium, but the TV writers knew they needed something more graphic.

And so we are shown a pool of blood.

As promised here's your countdown: 3, 2, 1, here it is.

No music, no narration, no fanfare at all.

Just a girl in a bathtub, dying, all alone.

And you, the viewer, alone with your thoughts.

The actor who plays Hannah, Katherine Langford, she said in an interview that it was written

into the script the shot should stay "longer than is comfortable."

Are you uncomfortable?

You should be.

I'm uncomfortable.

I had to look at this shot many times in order to edit this video, and it never stopped

making me uncomfortable.

Every time you send someone to a locked treatment center, every time you call a trans woman "sir",

and every time you hear a desperate soul calling out for help but ignore them

because you think someone else will probably do the job for you, I want you to remember this image.

This is not glorious.

This is a human being at the lowest she will ever be.

A mother in disbelief, snapping at her frozen husband, each panicking in their own way,

desperately trying to fix a problem that is beyond the point of fixing.

There is nothing romantic about this scene.

Not the way it's shot, acted, or written.

It's the inevitable tragedy caused by a cruel world that refuses to stop being cruel.

For the first time in any fictional story I can think of that ever addressed

the topic of suicide, this is art imitating life.

Call this show what you will- melodramatic, vulgar, inconsiderate, irresponsible, it doesn't matter.

Whatever the word choice, it's an excuse not to make a change to your own behavior.

The story shows the world as it is now.

If nothing changes, there will be many more Hannah Bakers in real life, and no I'm not

talking about "copycats" who had already decided to kill themselves but then got the

idea to leave audiotapes instead of paper notes.

I'm talking about people being bullied, assaulted, gaslit, abandoned and neglected.

Those are the causes of suicide.

It IS that simple.

If you want people in this world to stop coming to the conclusion that death is preferable to life,

then life has to get better.

And it doesn't get better until we make it better.

Oh boy that got emotional.

But hey, when you're dealing with source material like this you gotta follow through.

Hello dear viewers, thanks for joining me, and since you watched the whole thing I'm

guessing you probably liked it, so how about you hit that "like" button? and the subscribe

button, and leave a comment with what show, movie, or other piece of media I should cover next.

Or just to have a conversation. I do respond to questions.

I'm especially interested in feedback on the format.

My channel is in desperate need of a series that isn't just a rip- [cough] homage

to somethingsomeone else created.

So let me know how I'm doing, and hopefully there will be many more to come.

Bye!

For more infomation >> What 13 Reasons Why is Really About - Madness In Media - Duration: 15:10.

-------------------------------------------

Mueller Is Really Desperate – Someone Could Be Going To Jail THIS WEEK - Duration: 5:38.

For more infomation >> Mueller Is Really Desperate – Someone Could Be Going To Jail THIS WEEK - Duration: 5:38.

-------------------------------------------

How To Tell If An Avocado Is Ripe | Use This Trick To Determine Whether An Avocado Is Ripe Inside - Duration: 3:15.

isn't it disappointing to cut into an avocado you've been nurturing to perfect

ripeness only to find a brown slimy mess inside today's video will discuss how

you determine if an avocado is ripe inside before you watch this video

please take a moment to subscribe our YouTube channel by clicking the

subscribe button then tap the bell icon so you will be the first to know when we

post new videos daily

avocados are usually sliced open just before serving so this is especially

frustrating but worry no more there's a simple foolproof way to tell whether you

will discover creamy luscious green interior or a brown slimy mess the next

time you cut open an avocado this tip comes from Erica a seattle-based food

and gardening blogger her web site is a popular food and urban homesteading hub

and worth checking out for helpful information on growing cooking and

preserving food how to tell if an avocado is ripe to make sure you're

taking home an avocado that's perfectly green and creamy on the inside and free

from ugly brown spots the key is checking under the stem this part of the

avocado will hold the sneak peak for what's going on under the skin peel back

the small stemmer cap at the top of the avocado if it comes away easily and you

find green underneath you've got a good avocado that's ripe and ready to eat

that's the kind of fruit you want to take home with you on the other hand if

you pull back the stem and find Brown underneath the avocado is overripe and

you're likely to find brown spots inside the fruit and if the stem doesn't come

off the fruit is not yet ripe enough to eat what happens if you don't have much

of a choice you pull the stems on a few avocados and

discover that none of them are ripe they're either alway too green or way

too ripe and you've got a bunch of starving mouths at home waiting on your

world-famous guacamole grab a green

avocado and some aluminum foil all's not lost when you get home pre-heat your

oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit wrap the unripened avocado in aluminum

foil and make sure that there are no holes or ways for air to get out you

want to ripen your fruit not bake it put it in a ceramic dish that's safe for the

oven and wait it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes for the fruit to be

ready to slice and carve out by putting the fruit in the oven you're speeding up

the ripening process by allowing the heat from the oven to release the gas

responsible for getting an avocado ready to eat with this life hack the gas is

trapped by the aluminum foil accelerating nature's ripening according

to your current needs do you use this trick let me know in our comment section

below if you liked this video give it a thumbs up and share with your friends

for more daily tips subscribe to our channel below thank you

For more infomation >> How To Tell If An Avocado Is Ripe | Use This Trick To Determine Whether An Avocado Is Ripe Inside - Duration: 3:15.

-------------------------------------------

Royal notice delaying end of World War 1 is up for sale – but with THIS mistake - Duration: 2:56.

However another notice had to be written up after an excited King George V dropped a large blob of ink on the first, blotting out the momentous date at the foot of the page

While the second draft was pinned up to the railings outside Buckingham Palace, the first was given to an aide

The spoilt notice was later acquired by Charles Hutton while he worked for the insurance company North British and Mercantile Office

The document was then passed down to his grandson, David Tippet, who is now selling it at Reeman Dansie Auctioneers of Colchester, Essex

In a statement he said: "This is the original notice to have been posted outside Buckingham Palace at the cessation of hostilities at the end of the Great War, on 11th November, 1918

"Apparently, King George V was visibly shaking with delight - perhaps apprehension - at his signing of such a historic document

"He charged his pen at the ink well and as he moved over to sign his name, a blob of ink was accidentally dropped onto the notice, on the date

"Although blotting paper was immediately applied, a notice fouled with a blob of ink could not be posted for public viewing on the Buckingham Palace railings

"A second notice was typed, signed by King George and posted on the Palace railings

"Lewes Rabett, of Reeman Dansie, said: "Historically, it is a very important artefact and it is unique

You are not going to find another one out there."We haven't got cause to doubt the authenticity of this document

The composition of it on Buckingham Palace headed card is right."The Imperial War Museum have looked at it and have taken it to be what it is and we have as well and are satisfied to call it what it is

"The 10ins by 7ins notice states: "The Armistice with Germany was signed at 5am this morning

Hostilities will cease upon the whole front at 11 am today 11th November, 1918."It is being sold on June 19 with a pre-sale estimate of £300 but it is expected to go for more than that

For more infomation >> Royal notice delaying end of World War 1 is up for sale – but with THIS mistake - Duration: 2:56.

-------------------------------------------

THAT WAS SO CLOSE 😲 - RACING IS LIFE EP.13 [English Subtitles[ - Duration: 15:07.

Ok so race 1 is over, you saw it, it was terrible

now race 2 is about to start

we've been praying for the past 3 hrs hoping it won't rain

3 laps to go

we're starting in 15 minutes, let's hope it won't rain

I felt two rain drops

just two

after the disaster of race 1 I never would have expected

to see so many people outside of my box

and who even complimented me! Yet you were all there, waiting for me

and once you again you surprise me

and I'll never stop thanking you for the support you give me

back to the race... well...

the more I race, the more I realize how

hard this sport is, and how many things you need to win

you need: talent, madness, physical endurance

mental lucidity,

ability to manage contingencies, ability to foresee contingencies,

technique, experience, malice, badness

and of course a bit of luck doesn't hurt

the more I race, the more I admire all the pilots

who, trust me, are able to do

stuff that you humans can't

even imagine

after race 1 I learned a few things

the first is that I'm still scared of this Yamaha r1

every time I open the gas, it does a wheelie and I get scared, so

I instinctively close the gas, creating bad situations, like the second departure

then, I'm still too stiff on the bike, and I get tired fast

When I'm tired I I hang on the handlebars

triggering dangerous stunts

and last but not least a big problem with my forearm which should be solved

ok stop

I have to do a short clarification

in the previous video, race 1, I read some crazy comments

like: "so many stories for an arm"

or

"stop complaining and just give gas already"

so what happens exactly to my forearm?

Me, just like many pilots,

I have genetically lots of problems to the forearm

basically, after a while that you use them

especially when riding a 1000, which is real struggle

they get sore and you can't feel anything

so, this is the hand that controls the accelerator

we use the quick gas on the race bikes

which is a lever that has a quick run, basically from here

to here you go from 0 to

190HP

the real issue is that when the forearm is sore

you can't feel anything and you can't control it

you can't control the wrist movements

so when you need to accelerate a bit,

if you're sore that "bit" can become "boom"

you give so many dangerous tugs

and you risk to fall down and really hurt yourself

and it's not like some say

"just don't think about it" "if ignore it, it will go away"

Nope. You don't get it

Even if I don't think about it, I still can't control it

Now, I'm not doing a world championship

I'm running in an amateur championship full of passionate people

who have wives and kids waiting for them at the stands

and who go to work on Monday morning

If, while I'm on the bike,

I feel that I do not have full control of what I'm doing,

I won't be doing a reckless maneuver, just to bring home a little cup

I won't put my life, and other's, in danger

on the track, all these years,

I've seen people die,

or become permanently disabled

because in some situations instead of accelerating like this

they did this

so with this video I want to give you an important message

especially because there are lots of young guys out there who follow me

and who watch these videos

whatever you do in life, use your head.

ignore those who say "you're bad at this", "you suck"

"is that the best you've got?"

don't give a fuck

always listen to your body

your body sends you clear signals

and when on a bike

or any other sports, life situation,

even just when driving

ignoring signals your body is giving you

or doing dangerous things you don't feel comfortable doing

can make the difference between life and death

just do

whatever you feel like doing

and don't listen to others

Now, let's focus on race #2

the forecasts says it will rain, the sky is grey,

but aside from 2 drops, it's not raining yet

I hope it will stay dry, because I never rode on the wet

So I have no clue how that works

Please, the start, the start, the start

yes

no, Palladino in front

I need to defend the inner or he'll pass

Ok, danger avoided, I'm 4th, let's keep this pace

and do a good race

I'm struggling even in race 2

Ok behind me all is calm, I can do my thing

Oh look at Palladino

look at that

If they challenge each other I might be able to

surpass them

Look at him, Palladino got to Scotti

God, what are they doing?

That was a close one, Scotti

that was so so so close

Lemagni is right behind me

I can feel him just pressing into me

I can't control my arm anymore

it's already going sore

not the slap, come on!

I can't direct the bike, again

when I'm at full gas, it's impossible, the bike is riding me

I'm so close to them

It's so frustrating not being able to reach them

Lamagni surpassed D'Ambrosio

there they are

Ok last lap, anything can happen

Look at Lamagni on Palladino

Oh God Palladino, oh God

Look at what he did!

I almost got you, come on!

the double, the double, oh God

I need to give it a try at the last turn

I wish I could, but I can't control the bike

I can't

Race 2 is over, 4th place

Important points that compensate the damages of race 1

the championship now see Palladino at the top, with 85 points

D'Ambrosio 65,

Scotti 61, and me 55

6 races to go, and anything can change

the best image I have of this race is by the end, when the 4 of us were all

right there, next to each other

down, leaning

In that moment I felt a big emotion

which I can't describe

joy, fun, adrenaline, spectacle, amazement

I'm not sure there's a word for it

but right then and there

I felt like I was in the motoGp, it was so cool

at the same time

I was frustrated the whole of having them right in front

and not being able to reach them, because I wasn't able

to control the bike, and it's really annoying

not be able to do something you wanna do

next race, Tazio Nuvolari race track

never been there, not even with a tricycle

luckily this time I'll do 3 tests before the race

2 with the team's bike and 1 with a borrowed bike, but I also know

it's a very very

technical track

and very hard

For more infomation >> THAT WAS SO CLOSE 😲 - RACING IS LIFE EP.13 [English Subtitles[ - Duration: 15:07.

-------------------------------------------

Marcus is a sweet, athletic little boy hoping for a family - Duration: 0:58.

Marcus, Looking for a Forever Family:I really like this place.

Like basketball, playing the games and stuff.

I have been having fun!

Child Advocate: Marcus is just a sweet, fun, loving little boy.

Marcus: Usually they say good stuff about me.

And they say I am good I treat them good.

Child Advocate: I mean he is just full of energy.

Marcus: Football, basketball I will be a basketball player.

Shooting I am not worried about nothing.

I will only be going to say "I am sorry".

Dunking and stuff.

Child Advocate: He has a lot of energy to give, but he also needs that attention from

a family so I think any type of family that I know, sibling would probably be good for

him.

Marcus: I am good at learning, math.

What else, what else, there is a lot of stuff I am good at.

Child Advocate: I just want him to be happy.

I asked me actually to adopt him, and he just wants somebody a family to love him.

For more infomation >> Marcus is a sweet, athletic little boy hoping for a family - Duration: 0:58.

-------------------------------------------

National Cannoli Day is tomorrow at Piccione Pastry - Duration: 1:15.

For more infomation >> National Cannoli Day is tomorrow at Piccione Pastry - Duration: 1:15.

-------------------------------------------

KARD Is Gearing Up For A Summer Comeback - Duration: 1:25.

 KARD will be making a comeback!  On June 15, a source from DSP Media confirmed, "KARD is currently preparing to make a comeback, ideally at the end of July

A specific date has not yet been decided." The co-ed group reportedly will be returning with their third mini album and will be filming their new music video soon

Soompi.Display.News.English.300x250.BTF Soompi.Mobile.English.300x250.ATF  Not only will this be their first domestic release in eight months since "You In Me," but this comeback is said to mark a turning point for the co-ed group

The album will reportedly express the members' thoughts on their music and the direction they want to go

 Source (1) (2)

For more infomation >> KARD Is Gearing Up For A Summer Comeback - Duration: 1:25.

-------------------------------------------

BCI Wing Ding is next Thursday - Duration: 2:27.

For more infomation >> BCI Wing Ding is next Thursday - Duration: 2:27.

-------------------------------------------

This Is What We Do: Veterinary Diagnostic Services Part II - Duration: 0:57.

Hi, my name is Kim Reiten, I do the microbiology

for Veterinary Diagnostic Services.

For more infomation >> This Is What We Do: Veterinary Diagnostic Services Part II - Duration: 0:57.

-------------------------------------------

What is Moonshine? - Duration: 7:27.

Hi everyone! I'm Lauren from Peas in a Pod!

And today I'm gonna talk to you about moonshine!

And no, that's not a super pretty name for moonlight.

It's a name for bathtub liquor AKA bootleg liquor

AKA illegal alcohol.

So some of you might be a little confused about the idea of illegal alcohol in the US.

Well, there was a point in time when alcohol was actually illegal in the U.S.

People couldn't transport it across state lines. They weren't allowed to brew it

and you weren't allowed to sell it. Now, this was called Prohibition.

So Prohibition is a movement that started in the mid-1800s.

And it was led mainly by women. Now you have to remember

at this point in time in history women weren't allowed to own land or to vote.

So they were really dependent on their husbands

and a lot of them felt that their husbands were spending all their time in the saloons

drinking away the family money.

So they believed that if they were able to ban alcohol

then they would be able to have more secure lives and they would also have happier home lives.

So after decades of the Temperance Movement, it was finally ratified into the Constitution in 1918.

So that alcohol was effectively banned in the United States. You couldn't sell it

You couldn't transport it. You couldn't make it.

So the image that most people get when they think of the 1920s in America are

women in flapper dresses and jazz music and speakeasies.

Speakeasies were illegal bars where people would go to get alcohol during the 1920s.

These were often in underground areas. You would have to have a password to get in

and you only were able to get in if you knew someone that was there.

And these all really came about in part because of the Prohibition Movement.

So because there was suddenly no longer any alcohol that people could legally have

it became something that you had to get on the black market.

Gangsters began opening up speakeasies. They began opening up breweries

to make moonshine or bootleg liquor.

Which is just, you know, illegal alcohol, and they ran smuggling rings.

One of the most famous gangsters of all time is Al Capone.

And you've probably heard of him, you've probably seen him in movies.

And the reason for that is he's kind of a fascinating character.

So nowadays in popular media gangsters and the 1920s are kind of romanticized.

But it was a very violent period of time.

So you'll see the violence in mafia movies like The Godfather

However, even in those movies the lines that people focus on and the scenes that are really iconic

often aren't the really violent ones.

You know their scenes of Marlon Brando telling people that

he's gonna make them an offer that they can't refuse.

They're scenes of Michael Corleone telling his brother, that they know it was him.

And you know, saying you never go against the family.

But then there's other scenes that people remember with Sonny getting gunned down.

Or, you know, the massacre while Michael is at the wedding.

So just for an example, a lot of people will dress up as gangsters for Halloween

and the costume tends to be seen as something kind of fun and silly and maybe a little cool.

But the violence in it is often overlooked.

So Prohibition came about because people honestly believed that by banning alcohol

they would create a more moral society. They ended up creating the exact opposite of it and

gave gangsters and mobsters a foothold in American cities.

So in 1933 prohibition was finally repealed with the 21st amendment

and people could now sell liquor again. They could buy it, they could make it,

And they were allowed to transport it.

Now the various laws still vary by state.

And in fact, there are still towns today that are dry towns where you cannot buy or sell alcohol.

So people are still making moonshine. And the reason that people are still making it is:

One: it is very cheap and sometimes regular alcohol can be much more expensive.

A lot of people also make it because of tradition.

So you'll find that the people who actually make moonshine tend to be much older

and these are individuals who when they were younger, this is what they drank.

Because, you know, maybe they lived in a dry town where you couldn't buy alcohol,

or maybe they themselves lived during Prohibition

or they had a family member who did and the practices of, you know,

making moonshine was just something that was passed down culturally.

And we actually have a moonshine jug. It's an antique in my house.

It was owned by my great-grandmother. Though the family has maintained

that she never made moonshine and no one in the family ever did.

Um, as for my father, he said that whenever his grandfather wanted alcohol

he would just cross the border into Canada. Because we lived

right on the border there. We were French Canadians for a long time.

So they would just take the truck over into Canada and actually get, you know, the more safe and better alcohol

than risking making bathtub gin.

So if you're ever in a situation where someone offers you moonshine,

my best advice is to don't drink it.

Don't drink it. Okay. Moonshine is not regulated

It... there's no, you know, federal

oversight of what's put in it or how safe it is or how it's brewed?

It can be extremely dangerous and even to this day we hear of cases where people have become violently ill,

have become permanently impaired or have even died from drinking moonshine.

Do not drink it.

So I hope that this episode has helped to explain a little bit about moonshine and prohibition and the

Roaring Twenties, it was a really fascinating time in American history.

And if you're interested in the topic at all, I really suggest that you look into it further.

If you've liked this episode, please hit the like button below and be sure to subscribe to our channel!

We come out with new episodes every week!

And check out our website to learn more about us and other ways that you can increase your cultural literacy.

And if you want to find more ways that you can incorporate English slang into your daily conversations,

check out our WeChat group where we have a group called daily English slang.

Where we'll be giving you new slang every day and explaining how you can use it in daily conversations.

I've been Lauren with Peas in a Pod! Until next time!

For more infomation >> What is Moonshine? - Duration: 7:27.

-------------------------------------------

Leslie Jones Is Ready For 'SNL' To Move Beyond Trump Jokes - Duration: 3:12.

Leslie Jones Is Ready For 'SNL' To Move Beyond Trump Jokes

"Saturday Night Live" cast member Leslie Jones is hoping the show can find other things to joke about besides Donald Trump.

In an interview with The Wrap, Jones said that she wants next season to be "a lot more funny-funny based stuff, more comedy based stuff instead of a lot of political stuff.

But Jones, an "SNL" writer and cast member since 2014, understands why the show has targeted Trump so heavily over the last few seasons.

Jones even got the chance to play the president on the show.

"There was no way that our show, with the responsibility that we have, would not. cover that stuff," Jones said. "It was just too important.".

The 50-year-old comedian, who has been doing stand-up since the late 1980s, said she already tries to stay away from Trump material in her act, because so many other comics are doing the same jokes.

"It's stressful to go to a comedy show, because that's all they're going to do is just talk about that," Jones said.

"No one just gets up and does a simple joke that makes you laugh.".

"SNL" returns this fall for the show's 44th season.

With the midterm elections coming up, though, avoiding politics altogether might be difficult.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét