Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 6, 2018

Waching daily Jun 29 2018

In the West, we know that many addictions, and particularly drug and alcohol addictions

have an impact on the brain and on the neurochemistry of the brain.

Why Is It So Easy to Get Addicted?

So if we just take serotonin as an example, the happy drug,

chocolate increases the happy drug, so that you'll feel a little bit better when you do have chocolate.

Many of the drugs of addiction, the alcohol, the narcotics, speed and things like that,

and its terrible manifestation in ice (crystal methamphetamine),

they're all designed to, or they all have an effect on the brain itself,

which opposes a state of mind that you don't want to be in.

So if you're in a depressed state of mind,

you might choose a drug which will increase serotonin,

or you might choose a drug which will make you really hyped up, like amphetamines and so on,

This will then give you that feeling of being happy for a time.

And we know from the history of the way drugs affect the brain that it only happens for a certain period of time,

often you need to take extra, because the brain gets habituated to it.

That is happening at the level of the body,

but in the brain,

the body the mind work with each other.

The brain is the physical basis for the mind to function,

or for most of the mind to function.

Actually, the mind functions basically from the heart within Tibetan Buddhism.

Westerners, we think of the brain as doing it.

We start to think that happiness has come from taking the alcohol.

A very common form of addiction:

"I'll have a drink when I get home from work, it'll settle me down, I'll feel better."

One may be OK, but sometimes that builds up and does become a problem.

And we think that our happiness has come from the fact we've got our supply of beer sitting there in the fridge,

and we can get it ourselves, or maybe we've even trained the kids to get it for us. I know a few who've done that!

Then we'll be happy.

But that happiness does not last.

The happiness doesn't come from the alcohol or the sitting down and resting,

even though the serotonin might be affected,

the happiness comes from the state of mind.

Because all those things, when you think about it, they also impact on the mind

in a way where the mind starts to feel restful and happy.

But because material things cannot change the mind, then the drugs themselves cannot do that.

The only way we can change the mind is by observing how the mind works,

by looking at the habits, and by changing the habits from negative habits,

which is what addictions are, into positive habits of wisdom and compassion and all that that applies.

For more infomation >> Dr Chönyi Taylor – Why Is It So Easy to Get Addicted? - Duration: 4:02.

-------------------------------------------

I Can't Wait Twilight Sparkle -Friendship Is Witchcraft- (Activar subtitulos) - Duration: 1:40.

For more infomation >> I Can't Wait Twilight Sparkle -Friendship Is Witchcraft- (Activar subtitulos) - Duration: 1:40.

-------------------------------------------

CHILLBAKA & GALAR (A4F9) - ALL IS YOU - Duration: 4:32.

For more infomation >> CHILLBAKA & GALAR (A4F9) - ALL IS YOU - Duration: 4:32.

-------------------------------------------

Dr Chönyi Taylor – What is Equanimity? - Duration: 1:24.

Equanimity basically means having an even-minded emotional approach to things.

What is Equanimity?

So, if you see chocolate, because you're a chocolate addict,

"I want this!" is one side of it,

and the other side is, if somebody gets it before you do, "That's not fair!"

Equanimity sort of sits between these.

Equanimity is part of learning that we don't have to be affected by this ego.

So when there's no ego, we're not grasping for the chocolate.

We're just saying, "Well there's chocolate here, I wonder if I could have some, no disaster if I can't."

The other word for equanimity which is often used in Western psychology is 'catastrophizing,'

which came from Jon Kabat-Zinn, who some people might now.

This has that same quality, that same effect, that it's a disaster if I don't get what it is that I'm looking for.

So equanimity is designed to even that out.

I don't have to go overboard if I've got it,

I don't have to go overboard if I don't get it.

For more infomation >> Dr Chönyi Taylor – What is Equanimity? - Duration: 1:24.

-------------------------------------------

Cheleng Gambino--This is Indonesia | This is America (parody) - Duration: 4:16.

For more infomation >> Cheleng Gambino--This is Indonesia | This is America (parody) - Duration: 4:16.

-------------------------------------------

Ask Me Anything Zambia: What is the Relationship Between Reading and Writing? - Duration: 1:55.

There's a huge relationship between reading and writing so every now and

again I'll get writer's block or something like that I'll say I don't

know what to write about and my wife will say have you been reading books

lately and I'll say no I have been reading books lately

well go read some books and as you read it a)

teaches you how to write because

you're learning how other people learn to express themselves and express

themselves clearly and b) you're gathering ideas right you're every time

I read a book I come away with a couple of ideas for articles that might just be

tracing the person's thought I'll just say I read this book here's what they

said or it might be writing a review of that book I read this book and here's

why you should read it or here's why you should not read it or I'm just finding

an idea finding us a little thing in that book that works in my mind that

helps me helps me think and gets me going with an idea. Maybe I've heard it

said that you don't well you don't read a book for the

entire book if you read a book and find a single sentence in that book that

sticks in your mind that's well worth reading the entire book for.

I think Piper says books don't change life sentences do. So if you read

that big book and there's one sentence that resonates and you can write a

couple of articles about it and you can just practice that in your own life I

gladly read 240 pages just to get that one idea that can that can resonate so

and the joy later is reading that book again and realizing how deeply it

impacted your life

you

For more infomation >> Ask Me Anything Zambia: What is the Relationship Between Reading and Writing? - Duration: 1:55.

-------------------------------------------

Toys R Us is going away forever - Duration: 0:24.

For more infomation >> Toys R Us is going away forever - Duration: 0:24.

-------------------------------------------

Dr Chönyi Taylor – What is a Meaningful Life? - Duration: 1:02.

Well, the Dalai Lama tells us what a meaningful life is.

What is a Meaningful Life?

My experience of a meaningful life is when I've used all my abilities, to the best I can,

to be able to help other people to realize their own strengths, their own goodness,

and above all to learn something new.

Whether I'm teaching maths or teaching Buddhism,

the ability to bring people to a new awareness is what gives me meaning.

This is about my way of expressing compassion.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét