Thứ Năm, 31 tháng 1, 2019

Waching daily Jan 31 2019

- I'm so interested in people.

- Mmm hmm.

- You can call that nosy or you can call it very curious,

you pick.

(laughing)

- We'll go with curious, we'll go with curious.

(lighthearted rhythmic music)

(fun exciting music)

- Oh my goodness, look who is at the table.

(fun rhythmic music)

- You're not breaking me today, Jada!

- I've broken you enough.

(yelling)

We have three generations of women talking about

the world around us.

- I feel like a show like Red Table Talk

honestly couldn't have come at a better time because

you're tackling topics that are finally being talked about

and explored in a more in depth way.

You're talking about mental health, addiction,

emotional abuse, physical abuse.

And so with that said, where do you think a show

like Red Table Talk's place is within

those larger conversations?

- I think people are just ready to have a very

real conversation.

I think people in their own lives are wanting a safe place

where they can put the mask down and just go, okay.

Can I just have a very real conversation of

what it's been like to be in an abusive relationship?

What it's been like to feel insecure?

What it's been like to have loss?

What I felt like having to hear about,

or watch my mother be abused?

And so I think that just creating safe space where

we can be vulnerable, and specifically black women.

I don't think that we have a lot of open forums

where we feel safe enough to be vulnerable.

And even for me, that's part of my work on

Red Table Talk for me, specifically as Jada,

is being okay and embracing that more vulnerable

side of myself.

Because usually in the public,

I have given more of that harder shell Jada.

- Baltimore Jada.

- The Baltimore, you know,

just trying to shake that Baltimore.

(laughing)

It's taking me many, many years to get to that place.

And to also show the beauty of vulnerability

and so that's been a huge piece of messaging

and a huge healing area for me personally.

I would say for me, I had an emotional breakdown

that definitely, I feel like, effected my mental stability.

- Right.

- How has this show kind of, I guess,

opened you up professionally?

Because I think that you, I don't know if you knew all

along that you had this gift for conversations and

interviewing, and all of this stuff.

So how has this made you kind of reflect on your own career

and think like, wait a minute,

I'm not just an actor or singer,

I can actually do this?

Because you're really pushing the boundaries of what

you can do in a really impactful way.

- I really enjoy talking to people about life.

In all honesty, these are conversations I have driving

in the car with friends.

These are conversations I have around my kitchen table.

I just love having real conversations just about

what is going on with people and

what people are thinking about.

It did take a little training.

I must say, my activism in human trafficking helped me

with the interviewing part, having to sit down with

so many survivors of trafficking and

being sensitive to know how far to push,

and seeing and energetically feeling when enough's enough.

I would have to say that those women really showed me

how to have sensitive conversations and

how to interview because I had to sit down and

interview a lot of female survivors, a lot.

So I would say that my training really did come from there.

- In addition to Red Table Talk,

you are also have a whole slew of films that

you're working on and producing.

One in particular caught my eye and it's Hala.

- [Jada] Hala.

- Hala, and I feel like, I would love to hear a little bit

about this story itself because it sounds like a really,

really unique and beautiful story.

And even what's going on behind the scenes

with it is even better.

- What I love about it, about this particular movie,

is that women are leading the charge in front

of the camera and behind the camera.

Every department that we had on this movie was a woman.

- There was an inclusion writer attached to it.

- Yeah, we had an inclusion writer attached

to this particular film.

With all the activism I've been doing, as far as diversity

in Hollywood and just trying to walk that walk

through my projects.

So, like Regina, my girl, Regina King,

said on the Golden Globes (mumbles).

- I am making a vow and it's going to be tough

to make sure that everything that I produce

that is 50% women and I just challenge any one out there,

I challenge you to challenge yourselves and

stand with us in solidarity.

- She had that call of action, and I was like,

I got you, Regina, I got you!

- You're funny to have mentioned it.

- Glad you mentioned that, I got you.

- I was really good at keeping my troubles hidden.

- Even from your friends?

- Even from my friends.

- So where do you see Red Table Talk balancing out,

balancing out with the rest of your career,

because I think that, I don't know if you were surprised

by the success of it or you thought,

I knew all along it was gonna be something.

- Yeah, no.

- Because I think it's, obviously you have the films

that you're producing,

the films that you're acting in as well.

So where do you see this in everything

that you have going on right now?

- I really did see this as a passion project and

I did not expect this kind of response and

this kind of success with Red Table Talk.

But it's the one that I'm most passionate about.

It's like the forefront, where I was looking at this

to be more of like a hobby,

it's kind of taken the forefront of like, no,

this is the thing I wanna do.

And then everything else will probably fall into a hobby.

(laughing)

Movies will become more like a hobby.

- I love it.

Most people are like, oh, I'm just gonna take up tennis.

You're like, no, I want to sit down at a red table

with my family and have really deep conversations

that you're having.

- Yes, that was--

- Only Jada Pinkett Smith, all right.

- It was more like a passion project and

it was more like, oh, do it when you can,

do it when you want.

But yeah, I've been given the opportunity to do it

as much as I want and we really enjoy it.

It's what I enjoy most.

So in this part of my life,

it's like, just do what you love.

(fun rhythmic music)

For more infomation >> Jade Pinkett Smith Is Walking The Walk When It Comes To Inclusion | Fast Company - Duration: 7:30.

-------------------------------------------

Chuck Todd - How the Press is Adapting in the Trump Era | The Daily Show - Duration: 10:43.

Welcome to the show. Thank you for joining us.

From your point of view, as somebody who has to watch this

and-and report on it every single day,

where do you see the shutdown ending?

I actually believe it might actually end this weekend.

I think there's an actual real chance

that it looks like the president is finally realizing

he's not gonna get his way.

Uh, I think he's finally seeing...

I mean, that was the whole point of these Senate votes.

-Show him... It was a bit of show-and-tell. -Right.

Um, some presidents need show-and-tell on that front.

(laughter)

I-I don't know what you're talking about. Um...

-And so, they showed him. -Right.

And they showed him that, "Oh, look. The Democratic bill

-got more Republican votes than your bill." -Wow.

Um, so, it's clear to me, he's looking for an exit ramp.

They're all... They want out of this.

-Everybody wants out of this in Washington. -Yes.

And I actually think that that may be by the weekend.

I actually think this thing could open up.

Is-is it true that you were at the White House

when he gave that address to the country?

-That prime-time address? -He hosted a bunch of us

for lunch, uh, uh, pro... beforehand...

-Right. -...uh, for an off-the-record, um,

uh, an off-the-record conversation.

What-what is... what is the purpose

of those off-the-record conversations?

If you are the press. I've always wanted to know.

If you can't tell us what it's about, what-what's the purpose?

Well, uh, the purpose is they're trying to make us seem

smarter on the air, I think. "Oh, we think the president..."

"This is what's going into his thinking on the speech." Right?

"A-a person close... a person close

to the president' brain once said to us..."

Uh, look, I've done these with President...

I've done these with President Obama,

and I've done these with President Trump.

The best part of 'em are actually

when it's not about the speech.

It's when you're finding about other things,

-or you're finding about... -Interesting.

You know, you do actually get an opportunity,

-"What are you thinking over here with Syria?" -Right.

Or "What are you thinking, uh, on this front?"

So it... They actually are helpful.

I think, off the... Look...

politicians are rarely honest on the record,

so, you're better off getting them off the record.

You have a chance of getting some, uh,

I think, idea of what the truth is.

But-but what is your relationship with him?

-Because, I mean, we... -It's a great question.

-We at the show... -(laughter)

-We at the show can... -What is your relationship with him?

I have no relationship with him. He does not see me,

-he does not know me, and this is how I enjoy my life. -Yeah.

-(laughter, applause) -You, on the other hand...

-I want your life. -You, on the other hand...

He mentioned you at a rally. It was that infamous rally...

-Uh-huh. -...where he's talking up, and he's like,

"I was on a show, Meet the Press,

with sleepy-eyes Chuck Todd, that sleepy son of a bitch."

-Yeah. -That's the president of the United States, like,

just straight-up dissing you, and then you have to go

and just be a journalist with him.

Does he even remember that, or does he think it's a joke?

-Or does just...? Is it just like a show? -Oh, that stuff.

That stuff. Look, I always say this.

You know, we just lost, uh, the great Mean Gene Okerlund.

Um, you know, remember who Mean Gene was?

-(applause and cheering) -So, world wrestling...

Mean Gene was the guy that always interviewed Hulk Hogan.

-Right. -And look, Donald Trump has viewed the press

-as his Mean Gene Okerlund. -Wow.

It's all game. It's good for ratings, isn't it?

"You know, me calling you, that's good for you."

And you're like, "Yeah, but it's not fun

"when you daughter asks you,

'Why is the president calling you an S.O.B., Dad?'"

-Right. -Um, which, on that one,

that's... that was... it was...

she was the first one to see it on social.

-Wow. -And we were just having dinner.

Um, actually, an actual family dinner,

our cheap hamburger place that we all love.

And you're like, you know, I... the "sleepy eyes," fine,

you take it, you grow your thick skin, all that stuff,

you're like: I don't have to explain to my daughter

why you have to attack me.

That is not fun, when you have to explain to your 14-year-old.

My favorite, though, response was when my mother called me up

and said, "You know, the president owes me an apology.

-(audience aw'ing) -Wow.

-(applause) -I'll let you figure out...

-Wow. -So, I was like, "Mom, I don't know what to do.

I'll... I'll let him know."

Let's talk a little bit about the press.

-Yes, sir. -Right?

You are in a position at Meet the Press

where a lot of politicians come to your show

and speak to you directly.

It's always been one of those institutions where you go:

All right, this is us, head to head,

speaking to the press and the nation.

Recently, there's been a few stories

where people have asked if the press is doing enough

-Mm-hmm. -to, I guess, in a way,

you know, indemnify themselves from the attacks

that Trump levels at them, you know, fake news, et cetera.

One of those was, like, the BuzzFeed story.

BuzzFeed came out and said: You know, Michael Cohen

was told to lie to Congress by President Trump.

-Then, in a rare move, -Mm-hmm.

Robert Mueller comes out and says: No, that's inaccurate.

And the media blows up.

Do you think that the press has to do more

to make sure that their stories are correct?

Do you think that, like, cable news shouldn't be reporting

what has been reported until they verify it themselves?

How do you think you can fix this?

Or is it something that's always gonna happen now and again?

I kind of think this is un-fixable,

and in some ways-- there's two ways to look at it.

We can sit here and wring our hands and say,

"Why can't BuzzFeed have The New York Times editors

-edit their stories? -Right.

Right. Which is essentially, I feel, like sometimes

what they expect.

"How come you at NBC News, Chuck Todd,

can't verify their reporting?"

-Right. -I actually will look at it this way.

That, look, we live in this open-source world.

Social media, we live in an open-source world.

Guess what? Within 24 hours,

as loudly as BuzzFeed landed

is as loudly as it was retracted.

-Right. -And I think the biggest beef

people have with the press is, when a mistake is made,

the retraction's a whisper.

-Yes. -It was always on page A2.

In this case, I would say, whatever you want to say, I...

Would I get rid of social media tomorrow, all those things?

There's a lot of things I would love to fix.

But this is the world we live in.

Donald Rumsfeld once said, right, "You go to war

with the army you have, not the army you want."

The system worked as best as it could.

-Right. -The system worked.

You-you saw that it got out of hand and...

whatever it is, but as loudly as it landed

is as loudly as it was pulled back.

In that sense, that's as best as we can hope for

in this media environment.

It's interesting that... it feels like the media

and the news has found a way to adapt

to reporting on President Trump.

You know, I remember when he first started,

people gave him the benefit of the doubt.

People would say a lot of,

"Well, what I think he meant to say is..."

and, "You know, this is..." "Well, I think the meaning..."

And-and what's been interesting is, let's say, with the shutdown

in particular, I find that news has been very quick to say,

"The shutdown, President Trump blaming the Democrats,"

even though he said he's creating the shutdown

-and he will own the shutdown. -Right.

And the news never used to do that.

They would say: The president says this...

But they wouldn't say that he directly contradicted himself.

Is that something you had to learn as a news anchor?

I think it's one of those things where...

there was this sense that the press, for a long time--

I would say sort of between Watergate and now--

that the press, um...

it wasn't necessarily that you covered up for the powerful,

but you explained the powerful.

-Right. -You know, so one of my favorite anecdotes

is, apparently, in the '70s and '80s

whenever you would hear somebody report

about a member of Congress being drunk,

they wouldn't say that, they'd say:

So and so was tired tonight on the Senate floor.

Um, and that was... my point is,

is there was a lot of examples like that where there was this,

as you just put it, "Well, what the president meant to say..."

and, "You know, he uses that rhetoric this way,"

and I think there was a lot of that.

It just became a habit, (stammers)

I think, obviously, a bad habit.

I can tell you this: Everybody's handling

the Trump era in different ways.

I have just a simple motto which is,

"Say what you see."

It's as simple as that.

Our job in Washington--

The ultimate job of a reporter

is to write what you observe, right?

You're to say what you see.

Don't try to explain it and do back flips.

Say what you see. Why is the president--

You know, why is the president tweeting about this?

Explain why he's doing it.

Go ahead and show, maybe, what he's saying,

but give it context and explain it.

Say what you see.

I think too often we covered-- "covered up" is the wrong word--

We-we sort of--

-We almost rounded the edges of what we saw. -Right.

We gave a better picture because it's almost like,

-"Ugh. That's an ugly picture. -Right, right, right.

The country doesn't want to see that.

We should, we should make it better."

You know what? Rip the Band-Aid off.

Let's see it.

(cheers and applause)

-One... -And by the way,

too long, you and your colleagues

were the ones ripping the Band-Aid off.

And that was actually a problem.

We needed to rip our own Band-Aid off.

-Huh. That's interesting. -And you, I would say,

in many ways, sat-- the satirists,

I think in that way, led the way for us.

You know what? There's nothing wrong

-with ripping the Band-Aid off. -It's interesting.

You did it with a sense of humor.

Um, maybe we could use a sense of humor, too, but...

You have done a lot, though, to change the idea

of how you create news and what you allow on the news.

One thing that I found particularly impressive

and revolutionary was you were,

-you were hosting a show on climate change, -Mm-hmm.

and you came out and you said,

"We're not gonna have any climate change deniers

-as part of this discussion." -Right.

You got a lot of flack from a lot of people on the right.

-Yeah. -A lot of conservatives who said, "Why are you--

"Why are you censoring these voices, Chuck Todd?

Why are you not allowing these people on your show?"

-We had a robust debate about taxes. -Right, but...

That's the debate.

The debate is what do you do about this?

But not for climate change. Why not?

Um, well, I also didn't invite anybody

who didn't believe in the moon landing,

and I also didn't invite anybody who was a flat Earther.

-Is that all right? -(cheers and applause)

But when somebody says to you, "Chuck Todd,

the press should be giving everyone an equal voice."

-That is-- No. I think we are-- -(laughter)

-Our job is to be fair. -Right.

Our job is to be fair to the facts that are there,

fair to the-- Look, I think it is an open debate:

How do we price carbon?

Okay? It is an open debate.

We're seeing the Yellow Jacket protesters in France.

That is real.

The middle class shouldn't have to pay for this alone.

-There's no doubt. -Right. Right.

This is a real debate.

How do we do this? That's a real debate.

How do we mitigate climate change?

How do we-- If we're gonna build sea walls,

where to we build them and who pays for that?

That is the debate I had.

I had a, I had an-an array of people

who said, "Oh, no, all government.

No, no, no, no, no. Don't put--"

-But that was the conversation. -Right.

That's the debate, right?

Which is, how are we gonna do this?

Where do we find the money? And you pays for it?

-Mexico. -The deb-- Always.

-Man, if Mexico's economy gets humming, -(laughs)

I guess they're gonna solve all the world's problems.

-Right? -Right. But you ask

who's gonna pay for it, who's gon-- That's the debate.

But the debate is not:

Is man-made climate change a real thing?

Here's what I don't get.

It's simply an insurance policy.

Like, why would you not want it?

Let's say you don't believe in it.

What's wrong with, "Well, maybe." You know?

-What's wrong with a little insurance policy? -Right.

I mean, uh, you know, it's like,

I had a relative on their deathbed,

didn't really believe in religion

but on their deathbed they did.

It's like, well, okay, it's an insurance policy.

You know? I mean, you know, what's wrong--

-Climate, you know, mitigation, if... -Yes.

Even if you're not sure, it's changing in front of us.

-Right. -Okay. So if it's the--

if it's Mother Nature doing it,

-you've still got to adapt. -Right.

Thank you so much for being on the show, my friend.

Great having you here.

MTP Daily airs weekdays at 5:00 p.m. on MSNBC.

And Meet the Press airs Sundays on NBC.

Chuck Todd, everybody.

For more infomation >> Chuck Todd - How the Press is Adapting in the Trump Era | The Daily Show - Duration: 10:43.

-------------------------------------------

After a 10-year makeover, King Tut's tomb is ready for its close-up - Duration: 3:58.

A symposium to celebrate the success of a decade-long restoration project on the tomb of King Tutankhamun was held Thursday in Luxor, Egypt -- a city on the east bank of the Nile River in southern part of the country

During the event, a documentary was screened that detailed every aspect of the research and conservation efforts undertaken to preserve the tomb of the legendary boy king, best known as "King Tut

" The project was launched in 2009 by the Los Angeles-based Getty Conservation Institute and the Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities, amid growing concerns that years of tourists and visitors has taken its toll on the 3,000-year-old tomb

The tomb was discovered in 1922 by Egyptologist Howard Carter, and has since become the most popular antiquities site in the world

The main damages incurred were caused by humidity, carbon dioxide and dust brought in by tourists, according to experts who restored the tomb

Filming equipment brought into the tomb has also caused abrasion and scratches on the walls, which required restoration

Pictures of the completed restoration show the vivid colors of the mural depicting Tut's life, restored after layers of dust that had created a grey veil were removed

To ensure that the tomb remains intact and accessible for generations, air filtration and ventilation system were installed, in addition to walkways, lighting and a viewing platform

The 1,182 square-foot tomb was opened for visitors during the 10-year years of work

"This project conducted the most thorough study of the tomb since the time of Howard Carter," Tim Whalen during the press conference

The preservation effort also focused on identifying the "mysterious brown spots" on the wall paintings, present since the tomb was first opened, to ensure no new growth taking place

DNA and chemical analysis deemed the spots to be "microbiological in origin" but dead and hence is not a threat

Also present at the presser was former minister of antiquities Zahi Hawass. The project was initiated during his term

Hawass described the project as one of the "best studies research ever done in Egypt

"

For more infomation >> After a 10-year makeover, King Tut's tomb is ready for its close-up - Duration: 3:58.

-------------------------------------------

Life is Why with Dr. Sulagna "Suzie" Mookherjee - Duration: 0:44.

Hello I'm Dr. Suzie Mookherjee

and the one thing that I wish people would do

is have a heart to heart with their doctor.

Ask the questions

is my blood pressure okay?

Is my cholesterol in the right range?

If I'm smoking please give me tools to quit.

How do I exercise more?

And how do I minimize the stress in my life?

Albany Med and the American Heart Association

want you to live your best life.

Why?

Your life is why.

For more infomation >> Life is Why with Dr. Sulagna "Suzie" Mookherjee - Duration: 0:44.

-------------------------------------------

Is a Snow Storm On The Way? - Duration: 3:30.

For more infomation >> Is a Snow Storm On The Way? - Duration: 3:30.

-------------------------------------------

Cold now, but a big warmup is forming - Duration: 3:10.

For more infomation >> Cold now, but a big warmup is forming - Duration: 3:10.

-------------------------------------------

"My main goal for 2019 is to focus on being happy" - Duration: 7:07.

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year and it doesn't

seem like too much of a distance now that we're well into 2019. Have you made

any new year's resolutions? Well today I'm here to share with you my

outlook on the year ahead and some tips that I've come up with to try and remain

stress-free for the whole year and to not put any pressure on myself. It's a

very common thing that at the beginning of the year people will set themselves

New Year's resolutions, like go to the gym everyday or lose

weight, stop drinking, all these sort of things and often, in my experience, I've

found that people set them really high and they're not realistic and so within

two weeks or maybe the month, if you're lucky, they kind of give up on it

and that's it. So the approach the I've

adopted this year, rather than telling myself what I'm not going to do and you

know, setting myself sort of strict resolutions of don't do this, don't do

that, I've actually decided to do the a 'little less, a little more'

approach, which basically an example of some of mine are a little less screen

time, a little more reading; a little less junk food, a little more

fruit and veg; a little less lazy days, a little more movement. That kind of thing

because that way there's less pressure on them so that if I was to have a lazy

day I'm not gonna punish myself for it, I'll just keep in mind right okay

tomorrow I'll make sure I go for a walk or do some exercise and it's kind of

like a really quick way to just instantly be kinder to yourself and to

not be stressing out about I said that I'd go to the gym today and I haven't.

It's it's a good way to just stay on track and stay positive about it all.

Another common theme for the start of any year is people will set

themselves goals for things that they would like to achieve in the year, now

there's absolutely nothing wrong with this it can be great to set yourself a

goal because when you achieve it you can feel really good about yourself and it's

a good excuse to celebrate, but the problem can arise where if you're

setting yourself goals that just are unachievable or unrealistic or they're

perhaps going to be at the detriment to your health or

your mental health or to your social life or something that is perhaps gonna

bring a negative into your life too. One thing I'd probably say if you have set a

goal that seems quite far, quite a long way to achieve, then maybe you

could set smaller goals that build up to that because that way then you know

you're feeling good about yourself because you can see progress that you're

making and step by step on how to achieve this main goal, whatever that

might be for you for the year. The reason that I talk about this is because

I know myself since been diagnosed with MS every year my kind of goal has been

right this is gonna be the year that I get healthy, this is gonna be the year

that I feel really good and I'm gonna have a great year and things around that

have been my goal for the year and rather than say to myself right this is

what I want to achieve, these are the steps I'm gonna take. I kind of tried to

plan out how my life would be for that year which is ridiculously unrealistic

thing to do because you can't plan your future, you don't know what's gonna

happen day to day and although it can be fun to plan things or places you're

gonna go to when it comes to literally trying to plan how your life will pan

out it just doesn't work. So if there's one thing that I'd say to take away from

that, myself actually, that I've decided to do this year is I've not made any

plans, or I've not made any goals either really. I'm just gonna take it day by day,

step by step, and my main focus this year is just to be happy, so I've not set

myself anything unrealistic that I won't be able to achieve and that will make me

feel rubbish at the end of the year. I'm just focusing on everyday, the

here and now, things that make me happy and not doing anything that I don't want

to do. So if you have set yourself some goals then great if you think that

they're achievable and you're on your way towards them

If you have set yourself goals and you're sitting there thinking actually that

sounds quite a bit like me and I think my goals are a bit

unrealistic, then I'd say either, like I previously mentioned, maybe break them

down into smaller goals so you can start heading that way to achieving it or just

scrap it, just think you know what I'm just gonna live life day to day and

enjoy myself in the here and now. Too often we tell ourselves that we'll

be happy when the next thing happens, so for example when we get that job or

when we buy something or when we accomplish something. All these things

kind of leave us on waiting for our happiness. So myself

and I guess other people with MS have probably experienced, I found that in

previous years I've kind of told myself right I'll be happy when my walking

gets a bit better or I'll be happy when I'm feeling better, when my symptoms have

gone, I'll be happy when my bladder problems have been completely fixed and

all these things kind of mean you're telling yourself that you're not happy

at the moment and although I completely understand that when it comes to MS

symptoms and relapses they can have such an impact on your life and your mood and

your happiness, the approach I'm trying to take this year is okay yes these

things are going on but there is so much other stuff going on around me to bring

me happiness. So rather than focusing on struggles and the negatives, instead I'm

focusing on the positives and the things that make me happy, so seeing my friends

and being with my dog, you know all these things going on around me that

day-to-day bring me happiness I'm trying not to focus on anything other than that.

So if you have set yourself any goals or any New Year's resolutions this year or

you feel like you're waiting on something to be happy, then I would say

take a look at it, reevaluate it, if you're happy with you goals and

resolutions great then you'll have a fantastic year. If you're not listen to

yourself, you know best and always do what is right for you.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét