Thứ Sáu, 30 tháng 11, 2018

Waching daily Nov 30 2018

Far far away in a magical land called muni lived a princess star butterfly

Wasn't irresponsible

To have a whole

Because today is my birthday and according to tradition

My mom the Queen has to bestow upon me our grated family heirloom

royal

Now store this wand is a big responsibility

If it falls into the hands of evil forces, the universe could be destroyed

Don't worry mom

You can't handle it

Don't send me to say no those reports call for wayward princesses

Sweetheart, we're not sending you there

Yet we're sending you to train in a safer to mention a place called Earth

Goodbye muni

So you say you're from another dimension

And you said there was no magic on earth yeah, this isn't gonna work

He's going to need a guide

Looks like someone's in trouble

so I guess everyone who voted me safest kid must be feeling pretty

Embarrassed right about now. Do I need a Hall Pass? Would you just go already?

Marco I want you to meet our new foreign exchange student star butterfly

Huh, I need a responsible never take chances type to keep an eye on her and who better

For more infomation >> Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil Lovely Moments Best Cartoon For Kids & Children Part 260 - Red Tomato - Duration: 3:59.

-------------------------------------------

Jimmy Auditions for Mike Birbiglia's Understudy in His One-Man Broadway Show - Duration: 3:48.

-You're doing the show. How long is the show?

-The show's 90 minutes. 8 shows a week.

Through January 20th.

And then people ask -- Sometimes it's a joke,

sometimes, like, it's for real.

Like, Zach Braff tweeted at me last week,

like, "Do you have an understudy?"

And I -- You know, I don't really have one.

But then I thought, like, "Why don't I have a contest" --

I'm actually doing this. Like, I'm gonna have a contest.

-You really are doing this? -Yeah, this is real.

It's on thenewone.com -- it's on my site.

You can submit -- It's just like a one-minute monologue

from one of my other shows.

And put it on your phone, put it on Instagram --

#birbigsunderstudy --

and then, if you win, you get to come out.

In mid-January, we're having a show

where Ira Glass introduces you on the stage before the show

and you do this monologue.

-You could perform on Broadway.

-On Broadway. It's your Broadway debut.

And so, I thought to kick it off --

this is the announcement -- that I'd like you to audition.

Would you be open to that?

[ Cheers and applause ] -No.

Everyone else -- Everyone else can do it.

Whoever has Internet at home -- Anyone else can do it.

-No, no, no. I brought the cards.

[ Cheering ]

Right there. -Oh, my...

-I have the lines.

This is from "Sleepwalk with Me."

-How do you guys do this with Mike Birbiglia

and not tell me that we're doing a bit?

-Well, you know, I'm across the street.

-I understand, yeah. -So...

-I just... [ Applause ]

-They get it. They get it.

-I have an elevation problem, is the only problem.

All right. -So, here we go. Here we go.

This is from "Sleepwalk with Me."

It's about a sleepwalking incident many years ago.

Jimmy Fallon.

-Yeah, because you have a sleepwalking incident --

-Yeah, and this is real. This is real.

But I'd like to see your version of it.

-What, should I go over there?

-Yeah, we'll do like --

Can we do like a theatrical...?

[ Cheers and applause ]

-Do you want to clap me in or anything?

-Yeah, yeah, yeah.

So, this -- this is Jimmy Fallon.

Jimmy Fallon auditioning for the role of Mike Birbiglia.

[ Cheers and applause ]

-Uh... [ Stammering ]

A-A few y-years -- years ago --

-No! No! Stop! Cut!

No, no. It's not an impression.

-Oh, just being me.

-It's not an impression, it's just you.

It's Jimmy Fallon... -Oh, of course. Yeah, I was...

-...doing the words.

-All right, good. All right, here we -- Sorry.

-Okay. -All right, here we go.

[ Laughter ]

[ Exhales sharply ]

[ Laughter ]

-[ Laughing ]

-A few years ago, I-I started walking in my sleep.

I was living with my girlfriend,

and I had this recurring dream that there was a hovering,

insect-like jackal in our bedroom,

and I would jump on our bed and strike a karate pose.

And I had never taken karate,

but I had the books from the book fair when I was a kid.

And I would say, "Abby" -- that was my girlfriend --

"there's a jackal in the room."

And she got so used to it

that she could talk me down while remaining asleep.

She'd say, "Uh, there's no jackal. Go to bed."

And I'd say, "Are you sure?"

And she'd say, "Yes, Michael. There's no jackal. Go to bed."

And I'd say, "Okay, okay," and then I would go to bed

knowing there was a jackal.

[ Laughter ] Thank you.

-Good!

[ Cheers and applause ] Look...

Um...

-Did -- -Look. No, no, I think...

-Did I get the part? -I think...

Look, there's gonna be a lot of people auditioning.

[ Laughter ]

By the way, that's -- You've got to keep that in the show.

That's the funniest thing I've ever seen.

-Mike Birbiglia, everybody.

Check out his Broadway show "The New One"

at the Cort Theatre.

For more infomation >> Jimmy Auditions for Mike Birbiglia's Understudy in His One-Man Broadway Show - Duration: 3:48.

-------------------------------------------

Trouble ahead for 2018 G20 Summit in Argentina | DW News - Duration: 2:06.

Vladimir Putin has taken more than Ukrainian sailors captive in the Azov Sea...

his high-stakes military and political maneuvering... has ensured the "Group of TWENTY" meeting

will be dominated by TWO people.

The Kremlin chief and his US counterpart Donald Trump...just like last year's G20 when Russian

meddling in US elections overshadowed the agenda.

The presidents haven't met one-on-one since their July summit in Helsinki, where Trump's

behavior toward Putin was bizarrely submissive, leaving huge questions looming in Buenos Aires.

European leaders and his advisers back home all want to show a united front and that's

really our objective.

It doesn't really matter so much what what the practical steps are, as long as we can

show a united front because remember Putin's objective is to sow discord and disunity in

the Western alliance."

Europe's geography dooms it to being caught in the middle of Moscow and Washington politically.

When tensions flare in those capitals, Brussels feels the burn.

At the G20, it will be difficult for Europeans to see their serious concerns on global trade

addressed while navigating other diplomatic danger zones.

There are so many things going on there that could cause problems.

I mean you know Xi Jinping will be there.

So it's possible that if there is language on trade, that Trump will demand that it says

something very negative about China or that others will want to say something very negative

about protectionism and Trump will insist that protectionism is good and America is

first.

Don't forget you also have the Saudis there."

As Ian Bond points out, even more political drama will be ensured by the presence of Saudi

Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, accused of ordering the murder of journalist

Jamal Khashoggi.

Many European leaders have expressed outrage and scaled back ties but Trump hasn't.

One thing is certain about this G20 -- there are going to be some awfully awkward photo

ops.

For more infomation >> Trouble ahead for 2018 G20 Summit in Argentina | DW News - Duration: 2:06.

-------------------------------------------

LIFE HACKS FOR EMBARRASSING MOMENTS│SIMPLE LIFE HACKS TO LOOK STUNNING EVERY DAY - Duration: 11:46.

LIFE HACKS FOR EMBARRASSING MOMENTS│SIMPLE LIFE HACKS TO LOOK STUNNING EVERY DAY

For more infomation >> LIFE HACKS FOR EMBARRASSING MOMENTS│SIMPLE LIFE HACKS TO LOOK STUNNING EVERY DAY - Duration: 11:46.

-------------------------------------------

Study: More than half of Americans won't be home for Christmas - Duration: 0:36.

For more infomation >> Study: More than half of Americans won't be home for Christmas - Duration: 0:36.

-------------------------------------------

Desperate search for missing 4-year-old boy - Duration: 2:37.

For more infomation >> Desperate search for missing 4-year-old boy - Duration: 2:37.

-------------------------------------------

Yoga Videos For Beginners In Telugu | Yoga Videos For Beginners | Yoga Videos | Yoga In Telugu - Duration: 11:24.

For more infomation >> Yoga Videos For Beginners In Telugu | Yoga Videos For Beginners | Yoga Videos | Yoga In Telugu - Duration: 11:24.

-------------------------------------------

Few answers for commuter rail troubles - Duration: 1:13.

For more infomation >> Few answers for commuter rail troubles - Duration: 1:13.

-------------------------------------------

The deadlines you need to know for shipping presents overseas - Duration: 1:50.

For more infomation >> The deadlines you need to know for shipping presents overseas - Duration: 1:50.

-------------------------------------------

Sweet LULLABY for BABIES and ADULTS by magical MUSIC BOX. Goodnight all. - Duration: 10:43:13.

Subscribe to our channel to get the latest video

Subscribe to our channel to get the latest video

Subscribe to our channel to get the latest video

Subscribe to our channel to get the latest video

Subscribe to our channel to get the latest video

For more infomation >> Sweet LULLABY for BABIES and ADULTS by magical MUSIC BOX. Goodnight all. - Duration: 10:43:13.

-------------------------------------------

Metro Detroit weather forecast for Nov. 30, 2018 -- early morning update - Duration: 1:04.

For more infomation >> Metro Detroit weather forecast for Nov. 30, 2018 -- early morning update - Duration: 1:04.

-------------------------------------------

Neighborhood On The Lookout For 'Porch Pirates' - Duration: 1:44.

For more infomation >> Neighborhood On The Lookout For 'Porch Pirates' - Duration: 1:44.

-------------------------------------------

Maharashtra Declares 16% Reservation for Marathas - Duration: 1:53.

The Maharashtra Government has finally declared 16% reservation for the Maratha community.

This reservation will be applicable for jobs as well education.

Families earning more than 8 lakhs per year will not be eligible.

M.G.Gaikwad Commision

on collecting the survey data,

found out that Marathas are 32% of total population of Maharashtra.

They feel they are very backward socially and economically.

Most the Maratha families are farmers.

Their average yearly income is below Rs. 1 lakh.

A majority of these families are below the poverty line.

Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC).

Marathas are now part of this category.

The total reservation quota for all the different communities in Maharashtra is now 68%.

Tamil Nadu has 69% reservation.

Maharashtra is second highest in India that gives such a high percentage of reservation.

Maharashtra Chief Minister, Devendra Fadnavis,

has called this a "historic win" for the Maratha community.

For more infomation >> Maharashtra Declares 16% Reservation for Marathas - Duration: 1:53.

-------------------------------------------

South Korea offers example for North Korea in human development: UNDP official - Duration: 2:54.

Soula seen as a leading example of socio-economic development as

inter-korean ties improve some are optimistic its experience could advance

human development in the north to find out more our Oh Sooyoung spoke to one of

the leaders of the UN Development Programme as hold on Pyongyang get ready

for that cross-border projects the South could have much to offer the north in

terms of making socio-economic progress that's according to the United Nations

development programs director of advocacy or accommoda in an interview

with Arirang TV the director says she hopes the UN will be able to expand its

engagement with North Korea on social development so the UN and of course UNDP

being present in both countries also follow with great interest the positive

steps forward the hope of the world is of course to see a peaceful development

in the region but also development that can bring human development to the

people under the UNDP is one of six UN agencies working in North Korea having

established an office there in 1979 the organization aims to support the UN

strategic priorities for North Korea by filling gaps in nutrition energy and

disaster preparedness especially among women and vulnerable people

the director expressed optimism that South Korea could share its development

to experience as cross-border ties improve I am sure and convinced that

South Korea has a lot of positive examples to bring and these sustainable

development goals has a heading that says leave no one behind and I know

there is also an engagement in Korea in the important area of gender equality

and this is also something that we would like to bring also to any development

engagement that we have as as you need appeal the director is currently in

Seoul to discuss ways to deepen cooperation with South Korea's foreign

aid agency KOICA in order to share successful policies with other countries

the experience of Korea with regard to forestation a very important areas in

these times of discussions of climate change governance and anti-corruption

transparency or examples of areas where we can see that policies and practices

in Korea connect to be exported to other parts of the

world in Asia but also in African countries relations between South Korea

and the UNDP go back more than 50 years starting in 1966 the UNDP provided the

cells with aid as it recovered from years of brutal colonial rule by Japan

and the Korean War that followed fast forward to 2010 and South Korea was the

first aid recipient country to become an official donor and it's been expanding

as foreign aid program since the UNDP official hopes ho will continue

promoting multilateral cooperation amid the rise of nationalism and populism

which could hinder the UN's global Development Goals

we'll see young Arirang news

For more infomation >> South Korea offers example for North Korea in human development: UNDP official - Duration: 2:54.

-------------------------------------------

Claire Foy Isn't Nervous Enough for Hosting Saturday Night Live - Duration: 5:13.

-I want to embarrass you a little bit.

Come on. It's always fun when you come out.

But look at this. You're on the cover of "Vogue."

-I know. Isn't that crazy?

-I mean, did you ever think that you'd be on American "Vogue"?

-Of course not. -Come on.

But this -- I mean, you're big-time.

This is the big deal. -It's so lovely of them.

I'm so, so honored to be on it. But that's not me, really.

That's a lot of amazing people's work.

-No, but that -- What do you mean?

This is you.

Are you not good at photo shoots?

-I mean, that one was done --

-All you have to do is look like you.

-[ Laughing ] No.

-That was an amazing photographer.

If it's an amazing photographer, it's good.

-Who was the photographer in this?

-David Sims is his name. -Oh, really? David Sims?

-Yeah, he's a very, very clever man.

-But this is --

Have you ever been on "Vogue" in England?

-I have, yeah. -Wow.

-Yeah. -So you've done this before.

Is it different that you're on an American "Vogue"?

-It's different because I didn't have to

see it every day at home.

-'Cause you live in England. -Yeah.

So I can sort of pretend it didn't happen.

But there I am. Can you put -- I mean, just --

-I will put it away. I know, I know.

I like to embarrass you. I'm sorry.

I want to talk about "Saturday Night Live"

before we get into everything.

You're hosting. -I am.

-You're hosting "Saturday Night Live."

-I am. [ Cheers and applause ]

-How is it going? Are you excited?

-I'm so excited.

-Do you know "Saturday Night Live"

from England? -Yeah.

We don't have it in England. It's not broadcast.

But I think it's one of those things that is everywhere.

You know it. You know if there's been

a really good sketch because everyone watches it on YouTube.

-Yeah. And how's everyone treating you?

Is everyone being nice? -Really lovely.

Like I'm supposed to be there

when I just feel like a complete imposter.

-No. Oh, my gosh.

It's gonna be great. I mean, what day is it?

It's Thursday now.

So you're in blocking at this point.

-Yeah. -You're gonna love it.

It's the greatest thing ever. -Yeah.

-You performed live in front of people, right?

-Yeah, I've done theater and stuff.

But I feel like I should be more nervous than I am.

I feel like there's something wrong with me.

I'm not having sleepless nights.

I'm just sort of going, "This is fun."

But I think, on Saturday, I'll be like,

"This isn't fun anymore." [ Laughter ]

This is "Serious Night Live."

-We have you in two big movies out,

"The Girl in the Spider's Web."

This is a big, giant movie for you.

I know the book series.

Is that what made you want to do this film?

Reading the books? -Yeah.

'Cause I had read them when I was about 23.

-And the "Dragon Tattoo" -- it's the same type of idea

but different series, right?

-Yeah, different writer. -Yeah.

-And I'd never read a character like that, and I never --

I was a young woman reading a character

that's kind of an amazing thing, really.

And then, I'd seen those performances

of Noomi and Rooney -- best names ever.

-Yeah, that's true. -Noomi and Rooney.

-Noomi and Rooney.

-And I just thought it was incredible.

So, once I kind of heard about it

and then started really reading the books,

I couldn't not do it. It was one of those things.

-How do you explain the film to everyone?

It's an action-packed thriller. -Yeah.

-You're disguised as --

trying to hack the codes, like nuclear codes.

-Yeah. It's --

Lisbeth Salander is at the center of it,

and that character, which is really fascinating.

It's just a real thriller.

Like, you go into the cinema, and then you come out,

and you go -- [ Breathing heavily ]

-Yes. Because that's what you want when you go to the theater.

You want a popcorn movie. It's good. Yeah.

-Yeah. -And then "First Man."

I told you this last time you came on,

but congrats on that. Amazing reviews on that.

[ Cheers and applause ]

Some awards buzz for you, but you should -- well-deserved.

I mean, it's great.

You and Damien Chazelle,

who is one of my favorite directors.

I love that guy. -He's great.

-Have you heard from the family at all, the Armstrongs?

-Yeah, well we were in touch the whole time we were shooting.

-Oh, you were? -They were lovely.

I'd e-mail them every once in a while and say,

"Did your mom cook you dinners,

or was it, like, a microwave meal?"

like, ridiculous questions, and they were always so kind to me.

But they --

You know, when you're making a film about real people,

mine and Ryan's concern was definitely

that they were our audience.

-Were you intimidated to do an American accent?

-Um... -No. You've done it before?

-I've done it before.

I've never done it with a coach.

I've always just sort of done it badly.

[ Laughter ]

Like, wasn't that -- This time, I was much more

kind of I felt more confident about it.

But you just never -- When you're doing an accent,

sometimes, like, some weird thing comes out of your mouth.

You don't even know what it is.

Your mouth makes funny shapes.

-You knocked this one out of the park.

It's fantastic. Congratulations on that.

[ Cheers and applause ]

I want to show a clip and just see Claire Foy.

Here's Claire Foy in "First Man."

Take a look at this.

-Jan, the ship is stable. They're gonna be all right.

-He's okay, Jan. -I need you to go home.

-Fine. Turn the box back on.

-I'll see what I -- -Now.

Turn the box back on now.

-Well, there's security protocols --

-Well, I don't give a damn.

I've got a dozen cameras on my front lawn, Deke.

Do you want me telling them what's going on?

-Jan, you have to trust us. We've got this under control.

-No, you don't. All these protocols

and procedures to make it seem like you have it under control.

But you're a bunch of boys making models out of balsa wood!

You don't have anything under control!

-Yeah!

You tell them what's up! Yes!

[ Cheers and applause ]

For more infomation >> Claire Foy Isn't Nervous Enough for Hosting Saturday Night Live - Duration: 5:13.

-------------------------------------------

Row Row Row Your Boat | Videos For Kids | Nursery Rhymes For Babies by Bob The Train - Duration: 31:31.

Everyone...let's start rowing!

Row, row, row your boat Gently down the stream,

Merrily merrily, merrily, merrily Life is but a dream

Row, row, row your boat Gently down the stream,

Merrily merrily, merrily, merrily Life is but a dream

Row, row, row your boat Gently down the stream,

If you see a crocodile, don't forget to scream!

Row, row, row your boat Gently down the stream,

If you see a crocodile, don't forget to scream!

Row, row, row your boat Gently down the stream,

Merrily merrily, merrily, merrily Life is but a dream

Row, row, row your boat Gently down the stream,

Merrily merrily, merrily, merrily Life is but a dream

Gosh that was tiring

See you Soon..

For more infomation >> Row Row Row Your Boat | Videos For Kids | Nursery Rhymes For Babies by Bob The Train - Duration: 31:31.

-------------------------------------------

Just waiting for Friday - Peer Awards, 2018 Winter Edition - Duration: 19:01.

You know what they say, I mean, about

Senior Software Engineers?

Well, it's all true

Hey, see you on Friday?

Sure thing!

Oh no.. no no no no no, this can't be happening, not again...

Why? Why me? What have I done to deserve this?

What am I gonna do now? I'm so screwed!

Step aside and leave this to the pros!

Done.

It was unbelievable! Wow!

What are you talking about? - This guy...

..a master.

I remember it more like you were getting stuck.

May I?

- Sure...

There you go.

Oh yeah? Well...

everyone knows that you are the ONLY one that can touch the old code

No one dares to touch that scary mess...

Don't go there...

Oh god! It's the old code again!

We're so doomed if he doesn't come...

Mind: blown. I mean, a-ma-zing.

Seriously now, seriously? -Pheew!

This is not how it went.

As I remember it,

you were just getting lost in the old code...

Hey, see you on Friday? - Yeah, yeah, whatever

How come none of this old code makes sense to me!?

Let me see.

There, remove that.

Yes. Good.

That bit there. Also trash it.

Hmph. See, wasn't that hard now was it.

What did you just do? - I'd love to say

magic, moon dust and unicorns.

I guess I've been here just long enough

so that all this old stuff seems normal to me.

And that other time when you... - I've had enough of this.

The truth is that only these old guys know how to touch the old code.

But if we wouldn't make them believe they're awesome

they wouldn't touch it either.

Dinosaur...

Well, as a Product Owner,

I do understand the business needs,

the commercial outlook,

and the market situation.

I also need to write specifications,

which I love. It's a lot of fun.

No. It is not.

Hey, how's the spec coming?

Yeah, we can't really do anything without it

Hey, see you on Friday?

Ah, yeah. See ya!

But wait, didn't the sprint start two days ago?

Even the Senior guy back there is just rolling thumbs and waiting.

Just saying.

All right all right!

I've been working all night and day on this!

It will be done, and ready, I promise.

Ok, I might not love spec writing,

but at least I am good at it, oh yeah.

All right guys! Here it is. 'The'...'spec'.

I know I know, it took some time to do it,

but good stuff is worth waiting for, right?

It's thorough, it's complete, it has pictures, diagrams,

explanations, you name it.

I am, as a matter of fact,

quite proud of it!

I'm telling you guys, it practically implements itself.

I mean, she's amazing.

Yeah! Totally. She's... great.

And she works so hard.

She sure does...

She doesn't make any sense. Does she?

Here it is. I guess you get what you ask for.

Should we tell her?

- I don't think so, I mean

are we going to get anything better anyway?

You know she'll just do it again. And again, right?

Yeah, let's just do what we wanted to do anyway.

I think it's exactly what she wanted

Hey yo! This is great! We'll get it done in no time.

I'm not still sure what went wrong.

The specification was clear.

What "I" wanted was clear.

Those guys are just impossible to please!

Well?

Well what?

The... feature, you were asking for?

Listen, I'm a busy woman. What about it?

It's... right here, in front of you.

If this is a joke it ain't funny.

I did write a spec, didn't I?

You did read it, didn't you?

It was a good spec, wasn't it?

Sam!

SAM!

Have you ever heard the saying, from the Rangers,

"no man's left behind?"

Have you EVER heard it from a developer?

Yeah. I didn't think so.

This I was expecting.

This is nonsense. And this...

You seriously didn't read the spec, did you?

In my defense, we did try.

Sorry to say, but they don't make much sense.

All right, so what do we do next?

Well, let's get this done before we meet on Friday.

Okay, it turns out it wasn't that hard.

Ok, she's not that great at writing the specifications,

but she knows what she wants.

Yeah, so we just needed to talk to each other.

That's it. - That's it.

Is that it?

Not by a long shot.

Well, the first spec, it wasn't so clear.

I know, I know... and I apologize for that.

No worries. We did figure it out, didn't we?

It was so nice of you to help me to write a new one.

Don't mention it.

Was it so that you're on holidays next week?

Yeah... but we got it all documented.

I totally trust those guys.

Well, then I'm happy.

You should.

And you are sure that we can do it in a week?

Please. I am a developer, I know how to estimate.

Great! The big boss will be happy since we promised this to the customer!

[I HAVE NO IDEA]

Well, I am a technical writer. - She's very good at this.

So, we take care of the end user documentation

and handle translations. - Which is crucial.

And we need input from several people, different groups of people

localization, developers, business ...

My job is to get information from different sources.

And get the answers!

Too late, damn it.

Well, the answers never come in time anyways.

Do YOU want to tell the story?

Dear?

Fine.

What we really needed was this project to be finished by yesterday...

Hi, how are you doing today?

I'm fine thank... - Fantastic. So about this...

Hey, see you on Friday?

Yeah yeah.

So is this done? Is this ready? I mean, it should be ready.

Why isn't it ready? Are you waiting for someone? Because if you're waiting

for someone, I can go and I can kick their asses...

Remember, breathe.

Inhale.

Exhale.

It's one of the developers, isn't it?

I'm sure Hans will get the information once he nicely asks for it.

Damn you developers... Damn you!

Did you hear something?

Not sure...

I'm never quite sure what the documentation

people want, to be honest.

It's not like we don't try.

We have all types of documentation ready for them.

Anyway, for translation they

could just use Google Translate, right?

I think I might need some help with this.

Oh, no! not again.

We're going to hear about this, aren't we?

Do you think...? - Yes. What.

Is he? - Aha.

do you think...

he's being helpful?

Of course! Always available,

always asking the correct questions.

I think I might need some help with this.

And get some answers, damn it!!

I think I might need some help with this.

So we got this action point on a feature translation.

Anyway. It's important that we do this.

The point is to share our ways of working.

Understanding is key for collaboration.

Can't you just use Google translate?

- Hi guys.

Hi-hello.

So the feature is ready, but we're kind of in a hurry.

We need it translated.

As in, by tomorrow?

No!

It. Can't. Be. Done!

Can't you just use Google Translate?

Guys?

Get ready!

Go!

Go! Go! Go!

Don't -

use -

Google translate.

Got it.

Here in Finland we have this

perjantai pulla tradition.

which means Friday bun.

Everyone takes their cup of coffee,

gets together and then we enjoy our nice pullas.

Right now I'm on a diet.

A strict one.

Except on Fridays.

On Fridays, I eat my pulla.

Nothing. I mean,

NOTHING gets in my way.

Weeks are long. Specifications are long.

Waiting for things to get done takes long.

Dealing with developers takes long.

The one thing,

the single one thing that

makes it all OK is the Friday bun.

IF I get one.

I have had back to back meetings

since nine o'clock this morning.

No breaks.

No lunch.

No nothing.

I. Need. My. Sugar!

Honestly.

I don't get what all the fuzz is about.

They get SO worked up.

I just REALLY like Fridays!

For more infomation >> Just waiting for Friday - Peer Awards, 2018 Winter Edition - Duration: 19:01.

-------------------------------------------

Interview to Prof. Desiraju - University of Bologna for SDGs - Duration: 4:52.

My area of research is called crystal engineering and it deals with the design of organic molecular

cyrstals, for specific properties which maybe chemical, physical and so on.

And the challenge in crystal engineering is that people didn't think that you could pre-design

crystals, make crystals to ordering in factors.

But now over the methodology that has been developed over the last 20-30-40 years,

we have much more confidence in being able to build up a crystal

from scratch.

And today I may say that maybe to 200-300 independent research groups all over the world,

the University of Bologna being an important one, here with professor Braga, who have specialised

in the subject of crystal engineering.

So it is really a very very wide discipline today.

See, the 17 Goals are extremely overreaching, they are wide, they cover all of humanity.

I think just practically every field of human and ever has to

come into the picture in order to realize these Goals.

And, among this of course science is very important.

If you look at those 17 Goals, I would say in practically all of the 17 some kind of scientific

and ever activity is required.

I mean, in my part of the world, India, China and so on, with the rapid industrialization

and growth, we are countries who have had relatively nothing and now trying to grow

very quickly: pollution and other things, climate control, this become extremely

essential.

I mean, the name chemistry itself is associated with the pollution and I think chemistry departments

chemical research, my own subject of crystal engineering

we are really interested, for example there is a whole brunch of crystal engineering,

that is concern with the absorption of gases.

So you have polluting gases, like oxide of sulphur, oxide of nitrogen, phosphorus and

so on, which can be absorbed by these porus materials and so there is actually quite a

bit of well going on in chemistry which has to do induction of pollution today.

Something is already happening.

I think if you take a gender equality, I think many universities in the world over are taking

care to see that there is a much better representation for women in scientific

activties and managerial positions, in positions of authority.

and the other thing is about industry.

The fact that univeristies and industries have to work much

much closer.

I mean, this is being going on, I know, but I think it can be much closer and now to the

point where universities and industry actually have to work together

in fact.

One of the things that is being mentioned about education system is that we are not training

students with adequate skill sets that are required

for the important tasks of 2025, 2030 and so on.

And the whole business of turning out our curricula have to change.

We are turning out one dimensional students today, who know great deal of their small

area of work but they don't know much outside.

So we need to teach students differently, which means that teachers also

have to think differently.

So, I would say that we are on the cusp of

a revolution, even with regards to education.

Scientists too are aware of their social commitment and social responsabilites.

You see, the scientists should not be confused with people in Ivory towers and simply

doing their own thing without care, without any emotion, without any cognizance of what

going to happen to their results in society in general.

So, I feel this is the all business to bringing scientists,

social scientists, economists, planners, politicians, these kinds of people together.

And I think that is why this is a very good time to do these things.

To put all together I think the role of universities is extremely, extremeley important in realizing

the 17 Goals of the UN.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét