Thứ Ba, 31 tháng 10, 2017

Waching daily Oct 31 2017

hi everybody my name is kaif welcome back

to my channel so guys want me to

active to Anita's multishow 2017

performance. so I did a reaction to 2016

performance and YouTube deleted that

video so I thought these videos are not

allowed to do on YouTube. so I hope they

won't delete this one. so I'm super

excited to watch this video. also I did a

video on my second channel I will leave

the link in the description. I did a "room

tour" video and I want you to watch that video

and let me know if you guys like my room.

my room is very extra. there is a lot

going on so please let me know if you

guys liked it. I will leave the link in

the description, make sure to go watch

and let's watch this video together. oh

that's a big stage. oh yes one leg out

[Music]

she is looking fabulous

[Music]

wait is she singing live? she sound just

like the studio version.

oh yes skin. yes oh my god, she sound just

like the studio version. she's

looking so beautiful. Skin.

I love this song.

oh yes body. oh yes queen sit. wait her nipple is out or is that a mic?

I wanna look like her so bad. I love this

song

that's a big stage.she is alone on

stage and she owned it. my god can I

look like her

that's a body right there. yes Queen sing.

she is singing and dancing at the same

time.

[Music]

oh she have dancers now on stage. yes. Oh

my god that's a big stage

oh she's wearing a jockey now. yes Queen.

Oh her nipples were out. those were

nipples? oh I'm not ready

[Music]

that's the sweet I love it. I can't

stop looking at her body. is fabulous.

oh yes ass. yes girl slay. I can see her

nipples. how is she not out of breath. oh

I love it

oh I wanna be there. yes body.

oh my gosh she owned the stage.

is that Diplo. her nipples are

out. I can see it oh oh

my ass is shaking too. no that's not

pabllo, that's Pabllo no that's not Pabllo

that's Pabllo

oh I'm ready for the high note. I'm ready

for the High note. yes girl yeah girl.

[Music]

I'm out of breathe and that was such an

amazing performance. I am out of breath

and I was only watching she was on stage

singing, dancing at the same time. she was

alone on that stage and she owned it

and she was not out of breath. that's

what we call a performer. that's a

performer right there. and when Pabllo came.

oh my god I was not expecting her

to come and can we talk about the nipple,

I saw a not one time, not 2 time, not 3 times

I saw it. where those were nipples?

right? I saw it. well I hope youtube won't

remove this video like they did my other

video and I hope you guys enjoyed

this video if you enjoyed make sure to

give this video a thumbs up and make

sure to subscribe and i will see you guys in my next video

bye

For more infomation >> Anitta - Will I See You + Is That For Me + Paradinha + Sua Cara | Prêmio Multishow 2017 (Reaction) - Duration: 10:09.

-------------------------------------------

Local auto exec. indicted for embezzlement in Wisc. - Duration: 2:52.

For more infomation >> Local auto exec. indicted for embezzlement in Wisc. - Duration: 2:52.

-------------------------------------------

It's Sign-Up Season For The Affordable Care Act - Duration: 2:12.

For more infomation >> It's Sign-Up Season For The Affordable Care Act - Duration: 2:12.

-------------------------------------------

Ari Melber breaks down whats next for Muellers Russia MSNBC - Duration: 5:05.

For more infomation >> Ari Melber breaks down whats next for Muellers Russia MSNBC - Duration: 5:05.

-------------------------------------------

Murder trial begins for man accused of killing transgender woman - Duration: 0:30.

For more infomation >> Murder trial begins for man accused of killing transgender woman - Duration: 0:30.

-------------------------------------------

How to Make The Best Turkey Gravy From Scratch ~ Easy Recipe for Making Homemade Gravy - Duration: 5:10.

What is the most enjoyed and the most feared food to make at the holiday table?

Turkey Gravy! I'm Tess and I'll show you how to make the best and most flavorful

turkey gravy... two ways. Welcome to my Thanksgiving video recipe series. (intro music)

A good and flavorful gravy starts with a good meat stock or broth.

I saved the turkey neck bone, trimmings and giblets and I'm placing them in my

slow cooker along with some vegetables. My turkey is brining overnight and I'm

running my slow cooker to make some broth at the same time. I'm starting by

adding four cups of chicken broth to the slow cooker and in goes my turkey bones,

trimmings and giblets. And just a reminder that you'll be able to find

this recipe, the list of ingredients and much more in the show more section below.

I've included links to where you can purchase online some of the ingredients

and equipment that I use in this video recipe. If you have a chance please check

it out. Now I'm putting in the vegetables or the

aromatics and I'm using a mixture of onions, carrots and celery. No need to

skin the onion and I'm also using the tops of the celery as they add a lot of flavor.

A little salt and black pepper. I'm not adding much salt as I like to

add the salt when I'm cooking with the broth. I'm filling the crock pot with

water, cooking on low for eight hours or on high for four hours.

This is one way to make a flavorful broth for the gravy. A couple video

recipes of my Thanksgiving series was how to brine a turkey and how to roast a

turkey. If you haven't already seen those video recipes please take a moment to

watch.

This is the bottom of my roaster after I took out the turkey. There is lots of

flavor in that broth. You can see I had some aromatics with the turkey roasting

on top. I'm going to take out all the veggies and strain the broth. This will

also make a nice broth for our flavorful and delicious gravy. If you have a grease

separator this broth is ready to make the gravy. I'm not ready to make the

gravy so I refrigerated the broth. You can see the fat floated to the top and

it's skimmed off easily. The rich turkey broth has become jelly-like and

it looks good. I'm saving the turkey fat to show you one way to make the turkey gravy.

There are two ways you can make a gravy. You can make a slurry to thicken

the gravy, OR you can make a roux. The first way I'm showing you is a

slurry method. Each recipe calls for four cups of turkey broth so if you don't

have enough you can add water or some chicken or vegetable broth. You gotta

have lots of gravy at the table! In a bowl I'm adding one cup of cold water

and a quarter cup of all-purpose flour. Giving that a good mix. You can use

cornstarch for this slurry but I prefer the flour. Bringing my broth up to a boil,

giving my slurry a good mix and pouring in. Stirring and you will already start

to see the gravy thicken. Bringing up to a boil and turning down to a low simmer.

I'm going to let this simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. The liquid will reduce

a little concentrating all those wonderful flavors and the gravy will thicken.

Remember to taste for seasonings along the way. After the gravy is done,

removing from the heat and letting it rest for 15 minutes before serving.

The second way of making gravy is with a roux. My roux I'm using the turkey fat

but you can use butter. I have my heat on medium, in goes my flour, cooking and

stirring for a couple minutes. I'm turning my heat up to high and slowly

adding in my turkey broth. Stirring and you will see the gravy start to thicken.

Once all the broth is in there and the gravy is at a boil I'm turning my heat

to low and simmer in for about 15 minutes.

Check for any seasonings and add salt and pepper to taste. This time I'm going

to add some of the Kitchen Bouquet for a little color. Again the flavor will

concentrate and the gravy will thicken nicely. After done remove from the heat

and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.

The gravy has a nice rich turkey flavor and is nice and creamy. A great addition

to the Holiday table. I hope you give this easy turkey gravy a try and enjoy.

If you like this turkey gravy recipe please hit the LIKE and SUBSCRIBE button.

Remember to hit the 'BELL" next to the SUBSCRIBE to make sure that you get my

future video recipes. You can also find me on Facebook and at my website.

Feel free to SHARE this recipe and my channel with your friends and family.

And until next time... Much Love!

For more infomation >> How to Make The Best Turkey Gravy From Scratch ~ Easy Recipe for Making Homemade Gravy - Duration: 5:10.

-------------------------------------------

Pro-tips for Time Management - Duration: 47:03.

KAITLIN HENNESSY: Hello, everyone,

and welcome to Pro-tips for Time Management.

My name is Kaitlin Hennessy.

I'm the Program Coordinator at the Global Connections.

And here at Global Connections, we

aim to provide online students with co

and extracurricular programming, wherever they

have an internet connection.

And tonight, joining us is Bogdan from Health and Wellness

Services.

Bogdan is a recent graduate from Washington State University,

and he received his bachelor's in both psychology and sports

science.

He's currently a health educator here

and provides presentations throughout campus on a variety

of health-related topics.

Now tonight, as many of you are already doing,

please use the chatbox to discuss content,

ask questions, and also let me know

if you're having any technical difficulties.

I'll do my best to help you.

Tonight's presentation and webinar is interactive,

so the presenter will be asking questions.

And please feel free to give your opinions in the chatbox.

And also, we'll be doing some polling.

The polls will pop up in the center of your screen,

and you'll just select whichever answer you think

is most appropriate for you.

All right, I'm going to turn it over to the presenter now.

And I'll be seeing you in the chat box.Thank you.

BOGDAN GONCHARUK: All right, y'all.

Welcome to Time Management.

Like Kaitlin said, my name is Bogdan.

I'm a health educator at Health and Wellness

at WSU on our campus, Pullman Campus.

And this is what I do.

I talk about time management.

Now today's workshop is going to be

geared towards a wide variety of audiences.

The hard skills will be geared at the beginners, people

that don't have too many time management skills yet.

But if you're an expert planner, there are still some things

that you can take away today.

So some objectives for us today are identifying

our current time management strategies and some

of our areas of improvement.

So to begin the making change, we

need to start by reflecting on what we are currently doing.

That's what we're going to start off with.

Then we're going to learn a little bit

about procrastination, what contributes to procrastination,

and some effective solutions to reduce procrastination and deal

with that and get things done.

And then thirdly, we're just going

to try to take away three strategies that

are good for us to manage our time more effectively.

So I wanted to begin by doing a little reflection.

Now I wanted to ask you, what are some common tasks

that you have to fit into your own schedule?

Now I would love a little bit of feedback

from you at this point, if you could use the chatbox

to tell me what are things you typically

have to put on your schedule.

I'll give you about 10 to 20 seconds to do that.

Sarah says, work and school.

Those are the big ones, yep.

Holly says that she puts everything on there.

Picking kids up from school.

Work, work, and work.

[? Kali ?] says, even putting shower on the planner.

Good.

So some other things that we typically put on are--

yeah, first of all, the big one is our classes.

Definitely have to put.

Those go on there first.

Most important, we got to get to class.

Our work, another very important thing.

We can't miss work.

Not everyone puts exercise on their planners,

but it might be a good idea to start putting exercise

on our planners and calendars and schedules

so that we're able to set aside some time to stay healthy.

Meals is another good one.

Setting aside enough time to eat healthy food and eat slowly

is a good idea.

Sleeping.

Cutting out enough time, at least eight hours

for adults, to sleep every single night.

Make sure you have enough time to wind down every night.

Study time.

Downtime.

So just doing nothing, and doing the activities that you just

want to do for fun.

That's important.

And then family time, catching up with friends,

calling mom, dad, brother, and sister,

and having those connections with people

that we know and trust to make us feel safe

is really important to our overall well-being.

Various appointments.

So going to the doctor, going to the dentist,

meeting with your advisor.

Those are all really important things

to put in on your schedule and make sure they don't interfere

with other things.

And then lastly, is there anything else

that nobody has mentioned or is not on this list?

I'll give you 10 seconds.

Any other ones I've missed?

Great, looks like we've hit them all.

Another question for reflection.

What are some of the things that get in their way of completing

those tasks?

Again, I want to hear from you.

If you want to take 10 to 20 second

to think about it, and then start sending those responses

through the chatbox.

So what keeps us from getting our things done?

We have a schedule, but things are getting in the way.

What is it?

OK, Holly says getting sick.

Getting caught up with e-mails, phone calls.

Too much going on.

Heather says, unexpected events, definitely.

And then Kaitlin says, [INAUDIBLE] thinking that you

should be doing something else.

I think we'll be talking about that a little bit

too in this workshop.

All righty.

So some of the basic categories that I thought

of that we can put some of these things into

are feeling really stressed out and having

to find something else to bring the stress down.

When we have challenging tasks, that's

related to procrastination.

So putting things off and doing them later.

Being distracted, which is also related

to procrastinate and stress.

So going online, checking our social media,

updating our Instagram, things like that.

Netflix, going out with friends instead of writing that paper

or doing that assignment.

And then just feeling like you're not having enough time.

You got things to do, but you're just not getting everywhere.

So we're going to briefly touch on all

of those topics in this workshop.

All right.

I want to introduce to you two general coping methods.

So we generally cope in two methods, one of which

is emotion-focused coping.

Now emotion-focused coping is simply

managing any unpleasant emotions associated

with stress, the particular task that we have at hand.

Now people who we tend to gravitate

towards emotion-focused coping and use only that method,

usually they display some avoidance behavior,

like procrastination, avoiding that assignment, going out.

But also, it's linked to substance abuse and aggression.

The other big category for coping

is problem-focused coping.

That's simply identifying a specific issue,

making and executing a plan to address it.

Now this way of coping is linked to decreased stress, better

academic performance, and better relationships.

Now it's important for us to use both types of coping.

We don't use just one or the other.

Sometimes, we are way too overwhelmed with school, work,

and other things.

And we do need to go on a run to bring our stress down.

We do need to go call our friend and deal with our emotions.

But there needs to be a balance.

It shouldn't be just one or the other.

So today, I'm going to hopefully introduce you

to a couple problem-focused coping

to help keep that stress down that often gets

prevents us from getting to the things that we need to do.

I want to begin by talking about self-compassion

and procrastination, how they're related.

Not a lot of people think of self-compassion

as a tool for time management, but it's actually huge.

And there's a lot of research to back it up.

So starting off with procrastination.

Procrastination can happen for a lot of reasons.

But one of the big ones is feeling too overwhelmed

or stressed out by a task.

Feeling a little emotional about it, and so we avoid that task

and push it back.

So instead of scheduling an appointment with our group

to get a group project done, we might

start cleaning the apartment because scrubbing toilets

and floors is a lot more pleasant than meeting

with our group some time at school.

And then self-criticism.

Typically, when we notice that we're procrastinating,

we might feel a little bit of guild,

and we beat ourselves up for it, like I

knew I had this time management workshop coming up.

I didn't prepare well.

Now I feel really nervous.

And gosh, darn it, Bogdan.

You messed up again.

And we believe that, by using self-criticism,

a lot of the times we can motivate ourselves to perform

better and do things.

Now opposite of self-criticism is actually self-compassion.

So what is self-compassion?

The easiest way to think of self-compassion

is thinking about how your best friend would

speak to you if you were going through a rough time.

So instead of kicking yourself in the leg

or beating yourself up for something, you say, hey.

I know I'm procrastinating right now.

I feel a little guilty about it.

Everybody does it at some point.

Right now, I need to just take care of my needs

at this moment, and I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow.

So how does that relate to stress?

When we're able to be kind to ourselves

and understanding towards ourselves,

that usually decreases a lot of negative emotions associated

with the task at hand, including doubt and self-criticism

and anxiety and stress.

Just reduces that a little bit.

And how does that relate to productivity?

So when we're able to reduce those negative feelings

like doubt or frustration and stress because we're

procrastinating, our chances that we're

going to give that task another shot in the future go up.

And our chances for procrastinating with that task

actually go down if we're able to be kind to ourselves

and reduce those negative feelings associated

with that task.

So this can actually feel pretty counter-intuitive

for most people that are addicted to stress

and are heavy self-critiques.

Some people actually believe that if they're not

hard on themselves, they will never get things done.

And they will just turn into lazy slobs

and won't go anywhere in life.

That's an actual belief of people.

But the research actually shows that that's not true.

People who criticize themselves more

tend to procrastinate more and take longer on their tasks

than people who criticize themselves less.

And there was actually a study done

on college students who gave us a little bit

of self-reported data.

We found out that people with higher levels

of self-compassion actually procrastinated

less than the people with lower levels of self-compassion.

And they usually finished tasks quicker

and enjoyed the process a lot more.

Now if you want to find out more about self-compassion

and how its related to productivity

and see a little bit more of the research,

I would recommend looking up the Neuroscience of Change

by Kelly McGonigal.

Going She has an audiobook on Amazon.

It's not too expensive, and she goes into the neuroscience

of how that works.

And then there's also a book by Kristin Neff

that I've recently read on self-compassion,

and she also introduces a lot of research.

And she talks about how you can actually

practice self-compassion to be able to achieve your goals.

So how do we do?

We're going to practice here in just a minute.

But here are the basic components of self-compassion.

First of all, you want to be mindful.

When you know you've procrastinated,

you know you're upset with yourself.

You want to just bring some awareness

to that feeling of being upset, and maybe it's

feelings of shame and doubt.

And you feel like a failure.

Just be mindful of that.

Kind of notice that that's what you're feeling.

And then trying to obtain a balanced view of yourself

in the whole situation.

Remember that you're not the only one that's ever done that.

And sometimes, you do need to do other tasks

to make yourself feel better and to reduce that stress.

The second component is self-kindness.

Once you become mindful of that feeling of guilt,

just give yourself some understanding and warmth.

Talk to yourself the way a good friend

would talk to you if you were feeling down.

And then remember, common humanity.

You're part of a larger picture.

You're not the only one that messes up.

You're not the one that fails.

And you're not the only one that procrastinates.

It happens to us all.

And when you think of yourself as this piece of a bigger

picture, a lot of times, that just reduces the stress

and helps you be kinder to yourself.

Now I'm going to give you an example, or a scenario.

I want you to read and spend 10 to 20 seconds thinking

about the scenario.

And then think about how you can be

self-compassionate to yourself in this situation.

So imagine that you plan to work on a big paper today,

but you spent the entire night watching Netflix instead.

How might you normally feel about this?

And how can you think about this in a self-compassion.

Now you don't need to send in your responses for this.

I just want you to reflect and think about it.

OK, so one very simple thing that I

wrote as an example of what you could say is this.

I feel a little bit guilty right now, but everyone

procrastinates at some point.

It's OK.

I needed this break.

I need to take care of my current needs.

I can give it another shot tomorrow.

So we're reducing that guilt. We're being kind.

We're noticing that we're feeling guilt.

And then remembering that we're not the only ones

experiencing this.

How about one more shot.

I'm going to give you another scenario.

We're going to do this one more time.

I want you to imagine this time that you

finished taking an exam.

And immediately, you knew you didn't do well.

Also, imagine that you knew it was

because you were procrastinating this past week,

and you didn't get to study as much as you'd hope.

How might you normally feel about this?

I know how I would.

And how can you think about this in a self-compassionate and

productive way?

Giving about 10 to 20 seconds to think about it here.

All righty.

So I know that years ago, the way I would feel after an exam

that I didn't do well on and I didn't for.

I might turn red in the face and just

be so frustrated with myself for not studying

and think that this is a habit that I can't break.

I'd feel like a failure.

And I'd probably put off studying for the next exam

again because I'm so stressed out about it.

And I just hate the whole idea of exams and all that,

so I'll push it back.

But if I'm going to think about it self-compassionately,

this is what I might say to myself.

Man, it feels bad to not do well.

But that's OK.

Everybody messes up sometimes.

Everybody fails.

I'll just plan to talk to the TA to get extra help

and be more prepared next time.

That's a very simple way to put it.

You can practice self-compassionate to a level

that you need to to make you feel better

and to reduce those feelings of stress.

So practicing self-compassion and getting into that habit

can be really tough.

A lot of people just have a habit of self-critique.

And it's hard to remember to be self-compassionate

in the moment.

So something that I like to do is anything

that I want to remember, I make a little poster out it.

And I'll write self-compassion.

And I'll put it onto my wall above my workplace,

so that way, when I'm feeling overwhelmed

and stressed and self-critical, I can just look up, see,

and then remember to be kind to myself.

All right.

Making a little bit of a transition here.

I want to introduce you to the Pomodoro technique.

Now a lot of professionals use this technique,

but this is something that I just learned this year.

So a lot of times when we go into a big task

and we finally found the energy and the motivation

to buckle down and get things done,

we treat our task like it's a sprint.

We got all out.

No breaks, no breaths.

Getting it done in the next three to four hours.

And that might work for the first 30 minutes, hour,

maybe two or three, if you're really, really good.

But people tend to start burning out.

And then you start noticing that after a couple hours,

you're becoming more and more distracted.

You're starting to reach for your social media,

for your phone.

And you're not as productive anymore.

So with the Pomodoro technique, it

forces you to pace yourself and treat

this task more like a marathon instead of a sprint.

The way it does is it forces you to take

little breaks in between.

We call this the 80/20 principle.

So that means for 80% of the time, you're working.

And for 20% of the time, you're taking a break.

What that looks like for me is 25 minutes of work

and that a scheduled five minute break.

That way, I'm not burnt out.

My mind is clear.

I got to check my social media, all of that.

And then I come back for another 25 minute session.

You can do that about four times.

And then take a longer break after four times.

Take a lunch or something like that.

Usually using this technique, you're

able to study or do your task a lot longer.

And you get more done, and you're

more productive than if you were to try to do as much as you can

without taking a break.

Now I want to introduce you to an app that

helps you do just that.

It's called Be Focused.

You can find it on the app store.

Most of these apps are free or very, very cheap.

You will notice that it has a timer that

counts down from 25 minutes or whatever you set it to.

And then it goes to your five minute break and then back.

It also has an option to make a to-do list

and check things off as you go.

So you can see your progress.

And then it tracts your progress of how

focused you were over the week or over the year

on a different page.

So really cool little app.

You can also find things like this online.

Another one is called a Tomato Timer, does the same thing.

All right.

We're going to move into talking about planners.

So I want to know a little bit about y'all.

I want to know how many of you use

the following, a personal planner,

so a smaller one, a big wall or desk calendar,

a calendar on your phone, or a calendar on your computer,

or do you use all of them?

Now we're going to do a poll.

Kaitlin's going to put a poll.

And I want you to click the one that you use.

Select numbers 1 through 5.

All right, waiting for their responses to come in.

All righty.

So we have a lot of people using personal planners,

so most people using planners.

A good chunk of us using all of the planners, which

I'm pretty surprised about.

And then we have a couple using the phone or the computer.

Cool.

Now let's talk about them.

So planners.

I'm going to first talk about the big wall/desk planner.

This is one that I have in my apartment.

I got it at Wal-Mart, very cheap, very easy to write on.

It's boom.

It's in your face.

You can hang it on the mirror.

Places where you frequently look, so right by the door.

First thing in the morning, you look at it.

You know exactly what's going on today.

It's easier to write in all the details.

However, it's hard to take it places if you wanted to.

So that's why you buy a personal planner.

Also, you can get that at Wal-Mart

for a really good price.

The cool thing about a personal planner is that it's small.

You can put it into your bag and take it to a work meeting

and take it to class, whip it out,

put things down immediately.

Also, there is the email, calendar.

And as far as I know, you all should

have a WSU email that is connected to a calendar

and has an app that you can access a calendar.

And this one is really cool because with that one,

you could color code it.

You can set reminders.

You can invite people to events so that they know,

and it pops up on their calendar.

There's a lot of really cool things

that you can do on an internet calendar.

I use this one a lot, too.

And then lastly, there's stuff that you can use.

There's a calendar that you can use on most smartphones.

And here's the really, really cool thing.

I found this out a couple of years ago.

And this was a game changer.

You can sync your phone to your online calendar.

So whatever you put onto your calendar

at work or on your desktop, it'll go to your phone

so that when you're at the grocery store or anywhere,

you can just quickly look at your phone

and know exactly what's going on.

And you can get the same alerts and reminders

that you set on your desktop.

Really cool.

So what I would recommend is that you

use all of these calendars.

You have one at home.

You have one on your desk, on your wall.

You have a planner that you can take to meeting in case

you can't take your phone into your meeting.

And then you have your phone and your work calendar.

There's no way to forget things.

Now if you're a typical student, which most of us

are, and you get a syllabus or syllabi at the beginning

of the semester, you might have a very light load

that first week of classes.

We call it syllabus week, but not everyone gets that.

But if you do have a little bit of downtime,

this is a really good time to flip to the last two pages,

where you have all of those dates, the due dates,

the assignments.

Take all of those and spend a chunk of time

plugging all of them into all of your calendars

for the rest of the semester.

That way, you don't have to keep coming back to your syllabus.

And everything's there, and you know your heavy weeks.

You know what's going on at all times.

Now this was another big game changer for me.

I used to sometimes forget to go to lab.

I forgot about assignments.

I would always stress out about exams

and have to dig through the syllabus

to remember when the exam is.

Once I started doing this, stress-free all semester,

never forgetting things.

So a couple of tips and tricks about using planners.

You want to remember to schedule things immediately.

If you don't put things on your schedule

right away, with all the things you have going on,

you're going to forget something important at some point.

So put it on your calendar, whether it's

on your phone or your personal calendar.

Write it down ASAP.

Also, if you know things are coming up in the future,

like you syllabus, plan for the future.

Put all those things down.

Like I said, schedule ahead of time, way ahead of time.

Save you trouble in the long term,

and you don't forget anything.

Make sure that if you update your calendar electronically,

that you also match that on your other calendars

and write it in on your big calendar

or your personal calendar.

So that whatever you look at, you

know exactly what's going on.

And then include everything.

This can include, like we talked about earlier, exercise,

nap time, eating time, eating slowly, study time, time

for yourself, volunteer time.

The list can go on and on.

Put everything on your calendar, and it'll

help you notice what your heavy weeks are so

that if you have a heavy academic week, maybe

you can ask for a work shift to be covered by a coworker

and lighten that load in the future.

So put everything on there.

Make sure your work doesn't interfere

with your personal life, vice versa.

And then, if you're using a phone or a desktop calendar,

remember, you have those cool little alerts and reminders.

So my phone will have ding at least 15 minutes before I

have to be somewhere or do something

to remind me so that it's on my mind, and I'm ready to go.

And I don't have to keep checking my calendar.

I also get a text message from my email every single morning,

telling me, hey, these are the big things going on today

so that my mind is starting to prepare itself

to get to places on time and to just be ready to be engaged

when I'm there.

Use different colors.

Organize and sort things to make things pop

and stand out to help you stay organized.

And then remember to leave wiggle room.

So we tend to plan to reduce our stress, right?

But sometimes, if we don't leave any wiggle room,

we end up being stressed out because we're rushing

from one thing to the next.

And we don't have any time to catch our breath,

unwind, and prepare for the next task.

So definitely leave yourself cushioned and time

to just breathe before you have to go into another presentation

or a meeting.

So you've been planning ahead.

You've been using a calendar and a planner.

You have the big picture mapped out.

Now you're sitting down to actually get a task done.

Your to-do list is your plan, like how am I

going to do this for the week.

What am I doing today?

And what am I doing at this moment with this task?

And the most simple way to do it--

a lot of people start out with doing sticky notes

or just writing things down.

You can have those up on your desktop now.

It's a good starting place if you're not already

making to-do lists.

However, there are more advanced and sophisticated ways

of doing it.

And I'll tell you about two more in just a second.

So some pointers for doing to-do list

is you want to try to be specific.

So you'll notice in the one that I just circled with the green,

it's specifically telling you what to do.

Study for psych exam, doesn't just say psych exam.

And it says what day the exam is on too.

It says, check tire pressure.

It gives you a lot of verbs to tell you

what you actually have to do.

The more specific you are, that easier

it is for you to get that task done

and know what it's talking about later.

The other thing you want to do is break a big task

into smaller tasks.

So you'll notice on the left, I say read psych chapter 3.

Cool, that's what I can do today.

But when I actually sit down to study, you'll see on the right,

I've broken that big task into a lot of different things.

So I'm skimming through the chapter,

highlighting things that I don't really

know, making flashcards for any vocab that pops up,

and then I'm drawing diagrams and exploring things

that I've highlighted that I don't know.

So now I've built a step-by-step plan for that specific task.

That will make it feel less overwhelming

if I hadn't broken it up.

Another way you can do task lists--

you have one attached to your WSU email.

If you press on top left-hand corner where all your apps are,

you'll notice you have one app that says Tasks.

You press that button, press New Task.

And then you can give your task a name,

even set a due date for it, and then

type up a description and all the details below.

And I believe you have an option to invite people to help you

with this task.

So cool little thing to do.

Looks like I made a couple on the left-hand side,

like cleaning the living room, start on the paper, call

mom, and then mail money.

So this can also pop up on your phone, too.

You can sync it up with your phone.

Another cool one.

A lot more sophisticated is Google Keep.

I've only played around with this one.

With this one, like you see on the right-hand side

in the blue, you're able to draw pictures, be creative.

You can have a checklist.

And then once you press the square,

it crosses it off, which is a very satisfying feeling,

seeing the tasks disappear and being crossed off.

Again, you can make it a team effort

and invite people to these tasks.

You just need to have a Google account.

I'll let you explore that if you're interested in that,

but a really cool way to stay organized and break up

your tasks.

All right.

Now I want to introduce you to the idea of decision fatigue.

This idea is quite simple.

It basically says that we have a finite source, a limited source

of making decisions.

So should I eat that dessert, or should I eat that healthy food?

Should I go work out today, or should I just rest today?

Every time we make a decision, we kind of

tap into our decision bank, like you see in this little picture

here.

And we have less decisions to make.

At some point after we've had to make

a lot of self-disciplined decisions throughout the day,

we have run out.

And we begin making choices that we normally

wouldn't want to make.

This is called decision fatigue.

So basic idea here, or a solution here,

is if you can create a routine in your schedule,

like this is what I do in the morning when I wake up.

I put on my shoes.

I drink water.

I go to the gym.

I come back.

I eat.

And you have a routine that you do a lot of times.

Over time, you don't have to think about it anymore.

And you don't have to make that hard decision,

so it's a lot easier to go ahead and just do it.

And you can save that decision bank for the end of the day

when you really need when you're home.

So make a routine, and that's a little solution for that.

Now balance.

Another really important topic in time management.

So that circle that you're looking

at in the middle of the screen, it's the wellness wheel.

A lot of them have different amounts of components.

This one looks like it has about seven.

So you got your finances, your emotional well-being,

spiritual, environmental, physical, and social.

The idea here is that you want to take

care of all different aspects of your life

to stay happy and healthy.

Now let's say if you're very committed to your academics,

you really want a 4.0, and you're just

academically driven.

So you're putting a lot of time into studying.

You're see your TA.

You're seeing your professor.

And everything, all your energy is devoted to your academics.

So maybe you're neglecting a little bit

of your physical needs and your financial needs.

You don't have a job, maybe.

And you're not taking care of your emotions as much.

You might be getting those good grades and getting that GPA.

But what you're doing is building this unbalanced Jenga

tower, where you're only taking care of one side.

And it's building up nice and tall.

And then you get a little unbalanced.

And then because you weren't taking care of your health,

you get a little sick.

And then you're out for a day or two.

You're missing classes now, and it's affecting your knowledge

about class topics.

And then maybe if you do show up,

you have a hard time focusing and things like that.

So that idea's here.

If you want to sustain your goals long-term,

don't forget to schedule in a lot of different things

from the well-being wheel to be very holistic and balanced when

you're going throughout your week.

OK, I'm going to take that idea of balance,

and I'm going to look at this example of a--

I don't know whose schedule this is, but an example schedule.

You'll see they get up around 8:00 in the morning,

and they end their night about 9:00.

In the comment box below, give me a little feedback.

Based on that wellness wheel, what is good here?

Give me some good things.

And what could use some improvement?

I want to hear from you now.

So it looks like we're working a full-time job.

Going to sleep pretty early.

That's good.

Absolutely, thank you, Heather.

Having a lunch and dinner.

So winding time in the end of the day is a good one.

That's from Holly.

Thank you, Holly.

But Sarah says, it looks like we could

improve our physical activity.

Absolutely true.

Any other things?

Yeah, I doesn't say anything about family time

and social time.

Thank you, [? Kiera. ?] When are we hanging out?

When are we laughing and goofing off with our buddies,

going out for a drink?

That is really important because when we're spending time

with people people that we love and trust,

we tend to have chemicals that run through our veins that

make us feel better and feel more motivated

and feel more courageous so that we can take those risks at work

the next day.

Great, OK, good.

I want to do one more example.

Tell me if things have improved here.

What are they, and what are things that could still

use a little more work?

What are you seeing here?

Yeah, thanks, [? Kiera. ?] It looks

like we've improved our social time a lot.

So it looks like we're doing something

every night of the week.

Holly says, the financial is missing.

Do we have a job?

Where is this income coming from to support our social needs,

right?

Absolutely.

OK.

Family time is not scheduled.

Thank you, [? Kiera. ?] Absolutely.

When are we calling mom and dad to check in, right?

Absolutely a good point.

And it looks like Holly's saying,

spiritual and emotional is missing as well.

Were there any other good things besides social

on this schedule?

Yeah, absolutely.

Thank you, [? Dinora. ?] Nap time is great.

It looks like maybe we're not getting enough sleep that night

because we're socializing a lot.

I don't know when they're waking up in the morning

or when they're going to bed at night.

But naps can be good for you.

And then Holly says that there is a routine, which is good.

And they're getting a variety of things done.

Great.

But could still use a little bit of tweaking with getting a job.

And it looks like they're a student,

and I don't see any study scheduled.

They're going to the gym, so that's good.

Right on, awesome.

So things to think about when you're building your schedule.

Trying to find balance.

Now here's another question for reflection.

Is there anything that you've been leaving off

of your schedule that you might be considering adding back

to your schedule to make yourself a little bit more

balanced?

And this is one if you feel comfortable sharing, please

go ahead and say something in that chatbox.

Thank you, Sarah.

Studying time is a very important thing

that we all definitely need to schedule in and sit down

and do.

I feel you.

I just graduated, though, but I was definitely

there just not too long ago.

Corey says, exercise.

Thank you.

Sometimes, we have every intention

to become healthier in the new year, exercise,

but we never actually sit down and plan on

how we're going to do that and when we're going to do that.

It's definitely an important thing to schedule.

And some of us, like perhaps Sarah,

are doing a lot in college.

And we tend to forget to schedule time

just for us to relax, to do the things we want to doing,

and enjoy our guilty pleasures.

Absolutely, me time is important.

Thank you.

All righty.

Moving on here.

I think this is the last thing I want to introduce

you to is self-control.

Now I'm talking about the app and an actual thing,

self-control.

So when we're sitting down to do a task, to do our homework,

to study, whatever it is, if we have a lot of distractions

right there, if we have the TV playing,

if we have our phone in front of us, this and that,

it's really easy to compulsively just reach for your phone,

reach for the remote, go to this website, go to that website,

and get distracted and not be as productive.

Very normal, very natural thing to do.

So with this app, it's called Self Control.

You can find it on the app store.

Now the only really good one I found,

I believe I had to pay a very, very small price for.

But basically, what it does is you

can put all the websites that typically distract you

on your phone or on your Mac computer,

you can put it into this app and then set

a time for when you want these apps blocked.

And this app will block all those websites

until the time runs out.

Now even if you deleted this app,

or restarted your computer, you still

would not be able to access those websites

that you indicated.

So some of these are free.

There's other ones where it gives you a very complicated

password that you cannot remember.

And it won't give you the password to your social media

until the timer runs out.

So cool little tricks here to do.

But remember, this is for Mac users.

So Mac phone or software and Mac desktop users.

But there might be other apps and programs

for other softwares.

OK, so let's just do a little recap for the little things

that we've learned today.

We have learned that we tend to cope in two different ways.

We try to cope by improving our emotions, so emotion-focused.

And then some people tend to cope more by problem-focused,

so like finding out the problem is finding a solution.

It's good to be balanced and not just do one or the other.

Self-compassion will help with that emotion-focused coping.

It will help reduce the stress and the negative feelings

that we feel when we've procrastinated or failed

with a task.

Positive self-talk is part of self-compassion.

It helps us reduce those negative feelings,

increasing the chance that we will attempt

that task the next time.

And we won't procrastinate as much,

and we'll enjoy that task more the next time we try it.

80/20 rule or the Pomodoro technique

basically says, when you're working for 80% of the time,

you're hanging out for 20% of the time.

Gives you a little bit of balance.

Gives you a little break so that you could work

for a longer period of time.

Use planners.

Use all the planners.

Personal planners, big calendars,

planners on your phone, on your email.

Use all of them.

Sync them up.

And then plan ahead of time.

And use those alerts and reminders.

They have saved me so many times.

Make a to-do list.

Remember to be very specific.

And then break those big tasks into

little, little, little, tiny, doable tasks

so that the task, overall, doesn't seem so overwhelming.

And we have a little bit of direction of what

we're doing with big tasks.

And then remember to avoid decision fatigue

by creating routines that you don't

have to think about anymore, saving all those hard decisions

for later in the day when we need them.

Create a healthy balance in your schedule

by planning to exercise, sleep, eat well, catch up

with family and friends, to work,

study, and take care of all of our different needs,

and not just one area of our lives.

And then remove your distractions,

whether it's physically or downloading an app called--

what was it--

Self Control on to your phone or computer to help you stay

focused on one task instead of doing a lot at once

and being less productive.

All right.

This is the chance that if you had any questions,

I can attempt to answer them.

So if you have any questions, go ahead

and type something up in the comment box.

And I'll go ahead and give it my best shot.

And while you're talking, I just want

to say that if you had any other specific questions for me,

go ahead and email me at HWS.Programs@wsu.edu.

We will also be posting this webinar online afterword

so that if you wanted to come back and re-listen

or visit any of the items from this presentation,

you can go and access it.

KAITLIN HENNESSY: Bogdan, our first question

comes in from Holly.

It asks, I know you mentioned that you recently graduated,

what was your major?

This is really interesting content you have studied.

BOGDAN GONCHARUK: Yeah, thanks for asking Holly.

So I had to two undergraduate degrees.

I first got my degree in sports science,

so a lot of exercise-related stuff.

And then I got a second degree in psychology.

KAITLIN HENNESSY: Thanks, Bogdan.

And another question we have asks, so of all the time

management techniques that you mentioned,

what has been most helpful to you

personally or is your top tip?

BOGDAN GONCHARUK: Oh, OK.

I'll give you two.

There are two really big things that really helped me.

Using all the planners and scheduling way,

way in advanced.

Taking the syllabus and putting it

onto your calendar first week of school,

that was the biggest game changer for me.

The second one that I've been wrestling and learning

how to do is that whole self-compassion thing,

like practicing being kind and understanding to myself

and reducing some of that guilt, anxiety, and shame associated

with failing at tasks or procrastinating.

That one has been also slowly improving,

and I have seen how I've attempted tasks

again and again, more often that I would have in the past,

just because I've reduced some of that stress.

KAITLIN HENNESSY: Excellent, thank you so much.

And if anyone else has questions,

please get them into the chatbox now.

Otherwise, let us know what you thought of tonight's program

using the survey link that I put in the chatbox earlier.

I will put it in again here.

Our next program for Global Connections

will meet tomorrow evening on September 20 at 6:30 PM.

And it is with the Global Campus career counselor, Chris Miller.

And he is doing a webinar on career interest assessments,

so finding the right career for you.

And that looks like all we have for tonight.

And thank you so much for coming out, Bogdan.

We really liked having you.

For more infomation >> Pro-tips for Time Management - Duration: 47:03.

-------------------------------------------

Police Search For Driver Who Ran Down Pedestrian In West Philadelphia - Duration: 1:54.

For more infomation >> Police Search For Driver Who Ran Down Pedestrian In West Philadelphia - Duration: 1:54.

-------------------------------------------

M&G Corporation files for bankruptcy - Duration: 0:37.

For more infomation >> M&G Corporation files for bankruptcy - Duration: 0:37.

-------------------------------------------

Museum planned for remaining Poindexter Village buildings - Duration: 2:28.

For more infomation >> Museum planned for remaining Poindexter Village buildings - Duration: 2:28.

-------------------------------------------

Halloween curfew request denied for woman charged in South Valley murder - Duration: 0:54.

For more infomation >> Halloween curfew request denied for woman charged in South Valley murder - Duration: 0:54.

-------------------------------------------

Pumpkin Carving for Children in Kinston - Duration: 0:27.

For more infomation >> Pumpkin Carving for Children in Kinston - Duration: 0:27.

-------------------------------------------

Suspect wanted for stealing four donation jars in Chesapeake - Duration: 2:29.

For more infomation >> Suspect wanted for stealing four donation jars in Chesapeake - Duration: 2:29.

-------------------------------------------

Folks Hoping To Scare Up Support For Downtown Senior Center - Duration: 1:47.

For more infomation >> Folks Hoping To Scare Up Support For Downtown Senior Center - Duration: 1:47.

-------------------------------------------

Terry Larrier ready to be major factor for UConn this season - Duration: 1:00.

For more infomation >> Terry Larrier ready to be major factor for UConn this season - Duration: 1:00.

-------------------------------------------

Brian, Lab Technician Part 3 - My budget and planning for the future - Duration: 6:22.

My name is Brain Dobosh.

I am 23 years old.

I am a research associate

more commonly referred to as a lab tech

at the Weiss Lab for Synthetic Biology at MIT,

and I make $47,000 a year.

So for me when I started researching

what scholarships where available to me,

I felt very small.

I had no idea where to even start.

Under the advice of the professor

that I worked with

at Northeastern my freshman year,

she insisted to start at the NSF web page,

the National Science Foundation.

And there they have hundreds

of pages listing the grants

that they provide or also provided

by other governmental institutions.

And so I started with this massive webpages,

clicking on every single link, reading through it,

and seeing if I was okay to apply for it.

For all of those that were okay,

I started writing essays and filling out

all the questionnaires that I had to and surveys.

Something that really helped was to remember

that if I just write on my own,

I'm not that strong of a writer.

I'm probably not going to get the scholarship or grant.

And so I had teachers or also friends help read

through my essays and tell me what was good,

what was bad, what they thought about it.

And that was important for me

to get the scholarships that I needed.

Fortunately due to the combination

of scholarships and family support,

I was able to graduate from college without having

to take out any loans.

But in addition to those two things,

I also worked throughout college,

doing a variety of tasks.

As I've been mentioning,

at least relevant to my science career,

I've worked in three different labs

during my time at Northeastern.

I was a TA, a teaching assistant,

to help people in the class.

And I also tutored throughout undergrad,

and I continue doing that now.

And all of these were supplemental income

that helped pay through college.

Generally when I created my budget,

I will round my numbers

and underestimate how much money I have,

and overestimate how much I'm spending.

That way at the end of creating my budget,

I'm pleasantly surprised

when I save a lot more than I calculated.

But for this, I'll use the real numbers.

And so my annual salary is $47,475.96.

Before taxes and deductions,

that comes out to $3,956.33.

And then for taxes,

there's about 18 to 20% taken out so 732.

And then for my 401K,

I put in 1,340.

The 401K has $18,000 per year that you can put in

and also if your employer helps match some

of your 401K contributions, that always helps.

Some other benefits that I get

from MIT are dental and health insurance,

and they also pay for public transportation

within Boston-Cambridge area.

And there's also a small amount

that they pay for gas if you need.

Another nice perk of working academic environment

is that there's always food available.

There's clubs meeting ,

and their leftovers come to us as well.

At the end of all of that,

my take home

or net income is about

$1,876 a month.

My rent is 2,500

which if you split it between three people

is $833.33 a month.

And my gas and electric comes out to about $60

depending on the month.

TV and internet is 50,

and my phone bill is about 40.

And for my student loans thanks to scholarships

and family support as well as having a few jobs

throughout undergrad, I have no loans.

Food I budget about $40 per week

for groceries so 160 a month.

And then I also enjoy going rock climbing.

And so that's about $75 a month.

And then so because I can't just make food

all the time, I do go out.

And I budget about $200 a month for that.

In the end, what I have left over is $418,

and I guess about 61 cents.

And then I also have a few extra side income

cause I still tutor which can be anywhere

from $150 to ...

1,300 a month

depending on how much I tutor.

An important thing is having an emergency fund,

something where a place where you have money

in case something that unexpected happened.

You know maybe you fall down and break your leg.

Something where you can pay

for an unexpected occurrence.

And so for me, I have three months

of savings saved up for that,

but I have more in savings as well.

And so when I was creating that emergency fund,

it was probably closer to about 30 or 40%

that I was putting into my savings account.

So what prompted me to budget?

Was like I was saying in the beginning,

I ate a lot.

I was a big, fat kid.

And so I had saw,

seen that my big issue was eating out.

So I made an effort to cook at home.

And when I started cooking at home

and buying my own groceries,

I realized how much money I was saving.

And so from that point, I started looking

at what other ways could I save.

What could I be doing better

with my lifestyle choices?

So I guess my first prompting

to start saving money was

try to make myself look good.

For my financial goals for the future,

I really don't have too many.

I guess one day, I'd like to have a house

and live comfortably like most people.

But I also have some hobbies.

One day I want to have a piano.

I enjoyed playing that when I was younger,

and when I went to college

that didn't really continue.

Buy a piano one day and have a house

and that requires a lot of maintenance.

And so I don't have anything

too concrete besides that stuff.

So a PhD is interesting,

and it'll depend upon what you're studying,

but for most STEM fields, you don't pay anything.

They pay all your tuition,

and they will also give you a yearly stipend

in return for doing lab work.

For grad school, I received a stipend of $30,000.

And that's a reduction from what I'm making now.

But there's also cost of living,

and so rent is about a 40% decrease

which is a big amount.

Then other things in the area are also cheaper.

It doesn't cost as much to go to a concert.

But something else that happens in Atlanta is

that you also have to have a car.

And so that's budgeted for cause now

you have gas money which you don't have

when you take public transportation

here in Boston.

So there are lifestyle choices,

but there are additional scholarships and grants

for grad school as well

that can help out with that.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét