Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 10, 2017

Waching daily Oct 30 2017

[music]

For more infomation >> Glendale Community College Exercise is Medicine® On Campus Mascot Challenge 2017 - Duration: 1:01.

-------------------------------------------

Your First App Money is Most Important - Duration: 5:49.

Hey, this is the Daily Overpass! My name is Eric and I make apps. Now today, I want

to talk about why sometimes those first few dollars you make through apps is the

most important.

Alright, so I'm doing this video bit earlier than normal. I came into the

office like at 2:00 o'clock this morning, as opposed to the normal time of 4:30

because I wanted to catch the last few innings of the World Series game 5.

I've never been much of a sports fan but I'm a baseball fan and I always have

been. So the games start like at 1 o'clock in the morning here, so if I want

to catch any of them, I have to get up really, really early. So, last week was

a big week for us in terms of our design services. We've always done the apps, we

have app clients and everything like that. But we've been marketing Overpass

Design too to quite a lot of people. And last week, we sent off our

first few invoices on that and it was a huge thing. I mean, it wasn't a lot of

money. This is the thing, I was talking my designer about it,

we've been working on it for a while, trying to get word out and all this

kind of stuff. But we haven't really been that successful with it. A lot of it's

been because I've been preoccupied with the apps and everything like

that and the other side of things. But we had a first few

invoices going on for for Overpass Design and she said, "It's a shame it's

taken us this long and it's such a small amount of money." And I thought exactly

the opposite. I thought this is working, right? The possibilities of it. And I told

her, this reminds me very much of when I first started making a bit of

money with apps. Like it would - when I first put the apps on

the app market and I saw that little trickle of money coming in. I mean, just a

few dollars, a few pounds a day or whatever. And you know,

everybody said, "Oh, oh, that's cute!" Everybody was saying how much money

you're making, I was still working at a contract and everyone's saying

that's cute and everything like that. I was thinking this is just like - to

them they thought, you know, beer money or whatever, it's cute that

you're doing that little thing. But for me I wanted it to be much more.

The fact that I made even a little bit of money was showing me that it was

possible. Because on a logical level, I know that it's possible. I've seen other

people do it, and all that stuff, but it's not until you do it

yourself that you realize, "Oh, this is it! I thought of it

very much as being - if you were - if you were like drilling, if you're

making a well or whatever and you dig in a hole, then you find a little trickle

of water, you don't stop there and say that's not enough water. You think, I'm

onto something here and that was that first bit of money I made from the apps.

The way I feel, okay, we're onto something here. This is working conceptually,

you know, we got new motivation because we got a little bit of effort

there. Or a little bit of success. Even though it's not the success

that we wanted, I wanted to just - I wanted to hit the home run, straight

going back to baseball here, hit the home run straight, you know, first at-bat but

it rarely ever happens. Sometimes, things are a little bit harder than

we anticipate. But it's great! And for those of you out there who are

making a little bit of money, I hope that you don't get discouraged

because it's such a small amount. Because it's very rare to do that. It's very

rare to be able to to make passive income. In fact, it's funny

because I can remember when I came to England, I just got out of

university and I was looking for a job. And I thought, it's so hard to find a job.

Nobody's hiring, all this kind of stuff. Like if I could just get - if I

could just impress enough people, I can get a job, right? And now, that's like

that's plan B or C or D or whatever. right because that sounds easy. Finding a

job is easy. Making money through passive income, that's a lot more

difficult. It's a lot more challenging and you know, I'm just hammering away

at it. So, and sometimes - okay, let me just tell you this little story

here and you, guys, you can stop watching now if you want. But you may

notice I have a bunch of baseballs around me in the background. Sometimes -

so, this is one of my favorite baseballs here. It's, you know, for years I

was going to - if you go to a major league baseball game and you catch a foul ball,

or a home run or whatever, you get to keep it as a souvenir. Ever

since I was a little boy, we'd go to baseball game, so my mom and dad

bring me to the baseball game. We bring a baseball glove and it never

caught anything. And finally in 1997, I'm 25 years old, all those years of never

catching anything, I caught a foul ball off the third-base

line hit by Jody Reed late in the season. You know, Padres weren't that

good, although they went to the World Series the following year.

And after doing that it was so like I brought a glove with me every time.

My aura - I always watch every - because it gave - like all of a sudden

after all those years, I knew that it was possible to catch a foul ball.

In fact, like two years later, I got another one at the Royals game

in Kansas City. Just because it just showed that it was possible, and

sometimes when you're getting started out, when you're doing the apps, it's just

getting that first little bit of success just to show you that it's possible, is a

huge thing. I'm excited about the design side of things. I'm just - yeah, I'm just

excited about the fact that we're branching out into something else. We got

the app revenue, we got the client revenue, we've got the

passive income as well. But we're starting to do new different things on

the design side of stuff. It's all very, very exciting. Anyway, I

started ramble on again. That's it for today! I hope you, guys, have a great day

today and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét