Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 10, 2017

Waching daily Oct 30 2017

Don't give up so easily when things don´t work out

I think I had the impression

it's becoming more and more competitive from

early stages on, PhD onwards to

achieve results and to emerge from the average.

What may be a winning card is also try

to be original and not to think like all

the others and follow what is the mainstream,

I try to diversify little bit.

So I mean technically I'm still a young

researcher myself, so I think it's really

hard to give suggestions, but I think it's

really important that you find your

passion, that you really find the idea

which, I mean, you think it's worthwhile

to study and then pursue that despite

some let´s say transient road blocks.

I think it's very important

to have a very clear idea what is the

vision, what is the idea, what is the

driving force that gets you to do science.

What are the big question?

And thisis so so fantastic about starting your

career as an independent scientists with

this ERC project, because it allows

you to really go for the big questions

and that I think should be driving every young scientist.

Really have fun with with your doing,

be excited and of course try to do your best.

My advice would be: Don't give up!

And I think if you want to stay in

science stay in science, don´t think too

much in advance, you cannot plan your

career in 20 years in advance, but if you

like science and lots of things in science

try to do it and there are

quite a lot of opportunities there for

young scientists.

Do what you have most fun with.

For more infomation >> What is your advice for young researchers? // ERC week and Beyond // 3 of 5 - Duration: 2:05.

-------------------------------------------

What is your project about? // ERC week and Beyond // 1 of 5 - Duration: 1:42.

So my project deals with how mitochondria sense

stress signals and how this stress signal

comes back and what they do

basically inside the cell

and this especially during aging and in some diseases.

My project deals with finding

new mutants that are long lived, and we're

talking about mutants in a very small and

interesting organism that´s called

C. elegans. It´s a very small worm, about a

millimeter in size. The genetics are

really well understood and so we're

trying to find new genes that when

changed will extend life span in these mutants.

So my ERC project was trying to

understand how organisms respond to

the accumulation of DNA damage as they age

and how that determines the aging process.

Essentially we try to look at mechanisms that regulate

brain plasticity, we're talking about brain

here, and mechnisms that regulate how the

brain can accommodate to experiences

that individuals may face during life

and how they can translate this into

structural changes in brain circuitry.

So basically we want to understand

mortality to apply these

findings into aging research to study longevity.

So what my research is

interested in is to better understand

how those 98 percent of the

genome which do not encode for protein

actually can help us to understand human

disease better.

For more infomation >> What is your project about? // ERC week and Beyond // 1 of 5 - Duration: 1:42.

-------------------------------------------

1. Who is the Papi? - Duration: 0:42.

Mom, what is this?

It's you

It's for you

You're going to be a grandma

Be a grandma? Really?

You're pregnant?

Huh?

You're pregnant??

Grandma. That's going to be you

You're pregnant???

You're crazy. Don't be pregnant and have me watch it

Grandma

Look! Grandma!

Who is that??

Don't take picture!

I don't have any makeup on

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét