Thứ Năm, 29 tháng 6, 2017

Waching daily Jun 29 2017

Arsenal transfer news: Riyad Mahrez is 'tired of waiting for Barcelona' and is set to agree £35million Gunners move

RIYAD MAHREZ is set to agree a £35million move to Arsenal after growing tired of pursuing a move to Barcelona.

The winger rocked Leicester this summer by saying he wanted to leave The Foxes as he wants to play Champions League every year.

Riyad Mahrez is believed to have grown tired of waiting for a Barcelona bid and could move to Arsenal instead.

But so far bids havent been as forthcoming as the Algerian might have hoped, especially as it is believed he had his heart set on a move to Barcelona.

Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport's live transfer blog.

But the Catalan giants are believed to have a number of players who are a higher priority than Mahrez, including Paris Saint-Germains Marco Verratti and Arsenals Hector Bellerin.

And Spanish news website Sport has reported that Mahrez has given up waiting for Barcelona to table an offer, and is interested in the four year deal that Arsenal are offering.

The Algerian, 26, was heavily linked with a move to the Emirates last summer after helping Leicester to an unlikely Premier League win.

Riyad Mahrez told Leicester he wants to play Champions League football – so a move to Arsenal is perhaps strange.

Chelsea and Liverpool are also said to be looking at the former Le Havre player but he wants to link up with Wenger. The Gunners will have to fork out at least £35million for the attacker.

Mahrez's heroics in Leicesters title-winning season mean there would be a stunning profit on a player signed for just £400,000 from French side Le Havre in January 2014.

Arsene Wenger could be set for an overhaul of the Arsenal squad this summer. Barcelona were reportedly keen on the PFA Player of the Year last summer.

But after weeks of speculation that he was set for a move to the Gunners, he penned a new Foxes deal. Gunners boss Wenger has refused to deny he will not make another bid for Mahrez.

Mahrez released a a statement in May talking about the decision he had taken to leave Leicester.

He said: "Out of the huge admiration and respect I hold for Leicester City Football Club I wanted to be totally honest and transparent with them and have therefore informed the club that I feel now is the time for me to move on.

  Leicester star Riyad Mahrez collects African Footballer of the Year award in Nigeria.

Riyad Mahrez was part of the Leicester team that shocked the world of football by winning the 2015/16 Premier League title.

"I had a good discussion with the chairman last summer and we agreed at that time that I would stay for another year in order to help the club as best as I could following the transition of winning the title and in the Champions League.

However, I am fiercely ambitious and feel that now is the time to move on to a new experience.

Ive always enjoyed a good relationship with the chairman and everyone at the club, and I hope I have been able to repay the faith shown to me by my performances and commitment on the pitch during my time here.

The season after the title triumph wasnt quite as productive for the Algerian winger at the Foxes. Ive had the four best seasons of my career at Leicester and have loved every moment.

I feel immense pride to have been a part of what we have achieved during my time at the club, culminating in becoming Premier League Champions.

The relationship I share with the club and our amazing fans is something I will treasure forever and I truly hope they will understand and respect my decision.

  Riyad Mahrez slips at the crucial moment as penalty is disallowed for a double touch.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét