Thứ Ba, 31 tháng 7, 2018

Waching daily Jul 31 2018

Aikido often has a mixed or even negative reputation, especially between practitioners

of MMA and BJJ.

Having practiced Aikido for more than a decade, and for years being a loyal student, in the

beginning I used to misunderstand the reason for this negativity and hatred.

Only years after, I realized why this is truly happening, and that dramatically changed my

approach and understanding of Aikido and it's situation.

Hi, my name is Rokas, and in this Martial Arts Journey video we'll take a look at

one of the reasons behind the negative reputation of Aikido between modern combat sports practitioners.

As we practice martial arts and combat sports, we all have our stages.

We often begin by having unconscious bias of loving our practice and believing that

it is the best.

If lucky, we then gradually move to a conscious bias, of understanding why we prefer our practice,

instead of others, and eventually the next step of maturity is being able to recognize

the flaws and reality behind our practice, and appreciating it for what it is, while

respecting other arts as well.

Unfortunately, not everyone is able to move along these stages, even after training for

years.

In my initial stage of practicing Aikido, I was told by my instructor that it is the

purest martial art of them all, mainly because of it's sophisticated and peaceful philosophy.

While other martial arts were accepted in my first Dojo, there was a somewhat negative

view on combat sports, as if they were meant for less "sophisticated" people, or to

put it simply "meatheads" of martial arts.

Looking up highly to my instructor, and having no experience in combat sports, I believed

that to be true, and while I never put too much attention to this thought, part of me

was proud to be "above" the "dirty and unsophisticated" practices and people.

Knowing that I am "up to something better" than they are.

As I moved on to the next Dojo - a similar type of mentality in regards to combat sports

was felt, although not spoken as openly.

Yet cross training in combat sports was not suggested what so ever, since "it would

ruin the understanding of the pure Aikido philosophy.", thus I kept avoiding any combat

sports practices, continuing to believe that Aikido is the best, that it is all that is

necessary and if I would practice other, more combat oriented practices - my practice would

suffer because of it.

At the same time, I knew that Aikido had a bad rep online between combat sports practitioners,

and the discussions about the reason behind it would normally sound like: "well, they

just don't understand the practice of Aikido and they dislike it because they are not mature

enough to understand the subtle approach and philosophy of this art.".

While in Aikido there is normally no competition, the hatred towards it was also a quote on

quote "good example" of how "competition breeds bad attitude and arrogance".

Again, having little exposure to these practices, I tended to believe that.

Only when I was already running my Dojo and I met a BJJ practitioner who convinced me

to try rolling with him, and eventually to train together, after many talks I started

to see how vast and amazing the combat sports world is.

Talking to him I saw nothing but respect and curiosity.

When I met his gym buddies, I had pretty much the same impression, and I was left wondering:

so where are all these combat sports meatheads that I was told about?

When considering then, why Aikido was disliked by combat sports practitioners, I thought

- maybe it's because Aikido is not really as practical in the realm of fighting as their

practices.

Eventually, another big exposure happened.

Tired of some Aikido people believing that "Aikido is too deadly for MMA", or that

"Aikido people do not go to MMA not because it wouldn't work, but because it's philosophy

of "not fighting" prevents them from it", I went to prove that Aikido actually doesn't

work, by filming the "Aikido vs MMA" video.

Filming it, was my first great direct exposure to mixed martial arts.

I was ready to get a black eye and lose some teeth, expecting the MMA guy to be this ruthless,

arrogant, disrespectful and uncaring person, as I was told about "people like him",

who would beat the hell out of me given the opportunity to prove that Aikido doesn't

work.

To my great surprise, this MMA guy was one of the nicest people I've met, and he took

great care

of

me during my first sparring experience!

For more infomation >> Why Aikido is Disliked by BJJ and MMA Practitioners? • Martial Arts Journey - Duration: 8:08.

-------------------------------------------

Why The New 'Religious Liberty Taskforce' Is Insanely Hypocritical & Unconstitutional. - Duration: 3:13.

For more infomation >> Why The New 'Religious Liberty Taskforce' Is Insanely Hypocritical & Unconstitutional. - Duration: 3:13.

-------------------------------------------

Who Is Going To Prevail Bigg Boss Title - Ramya Reveals The Secret! | Bigg Boss 2 | Kalakkalcinema - Duration: 2:17.

For more infomation >> Who Is Going To Prevail Bigg Boss Title - Ramya Reveals The Secret! | Bigg Boss 2 | Kalakkalcinema - Duration: 2:17.

-------------------------------------------

London Bridge Is Falling Down | Little Eddie Cartoons For Kids - Duration: 1:10:22.

London Bridge is falling down

Falling down, falling down.

London Bridge is falling down

My fair lady.

Build it up with wood and clay...

Wood and clay...

Wood and clay...

Build it up with wood and clay...

My fair lady.

Wood and clay will wash away ...

Wash away ...

Wash away ...

Wood and clay will wash away ...

My fair lady.

Build it up with bricks and motor

Bricks and motor...

Bricks and motor...

Build it up with bricks and motor

My fair lady.

Bricks and motor will not stay

Will not stay...

Will not stay...

Bricks and motor will not stay

My fair lady.

Build it up with iron and steel...

Iron and steel...

Iron and steel...

Build it up with iron and steel...

My fair lady.

Iron and steel will bend and bow...

Bend and bow...

Bend and bow...

Iron and steel will bend and bow...

My fair lady.

Build it up with silver and gold...

Silver and gold...

Silver and gold...

Build it up with silver and gold...

My fair lady.

London Bridge is falling down

Falling down, falling down.

London Bridge is falling down

My fair lady.

For more infomation >> London Bridge Is Falling Down | Little Eddie Cartoons For Kids - Duration: 1:10:22.

-------------------------------------------

What is the purpose of life? | ¿Cuál es el propósito de la vida? - Sadhguru - Duration: 13:05.

For more infomation >> What is the purpose of life? | ¿Cuál es el propósito de la vida? - Sadhguru - Duration: 13:05.

-------------------------------------------

Google Home update is making smart speaker even smarter ● Tech News ● #TECH - Duration: 2:16.

GOOGLE Home has received a huge new update that will make the smart speaker even smarter

thanks to some new useful functionality.

Google Home is an incredibly useful piece of hardware that allows users to control connected

aspects of their home with their voice.

However, one of the device's most useful features is its ability to create routines.

This allows lights to be turned on or off, or home temperatures to be adjusted with a

command.

The tech giant initially split routines into six categories: good morning, bedtime, leaving

home, I'm home, commuting to work and commuting home.

Google Home's handy functionality meant owners could choose to turn their phone off silent

as soon as they woke up or even adjust its volume.

The tech giant also allowed for custom routines to be created and for several wishes to be

granted at once with one voice command.

But now Google has given smart speaker lovers the ability to schedule routines for specific

times, greatly increasing the usefulness of the device when users are not able to give

a direct voice command.

The new functionality means Google Home could turn off lights in your home, assuming they

are compatible with the smart speaker, after you have gone to bed.

Droid Life said it spotted Home owners discussing the silently-released new feature on Reddit.

It then tested the feature for itself and noticed it was able to choose and time and

day for specific routines.

Users can make use of the new feature by going into the settings menu on the Google Home

app and pressing the "+" button.

This will create a new routine and take you to a menu featuring an option to "choose a

time for this routine".

This allows the user to put in the command they want to trigger the routine or the time

and days it should occur on.

After Google Home completes a routine it will let the user know by pushing a notification

to their phone.

Unfortunately, the tech giant's smart speaker is only available to offer routine functions

in the US.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét