Thứ Ba, 31 tháng 7, 2018

Waching daily Aug 1 2018

hi everyone my name is Semirah Dolan and I do tech and lifestyle videos every

weekday but today we are talking about holochain this is another highly

requested video because out there right now there's a lot of people

comparing Holochain versus Blockchain and the Holochain family is telling

us we are not Blockchain basically so we're gonna do a walk through what

Holochain actually is I'm gonna I'm gonna do an intro what they are but I'm

also gonna end with some feedback because you guys know I always have an

opinion about these things I love to like hack it or see like some holes in

it um so keep watching and we're going to

talk more about Holochain

in layman's terms Holochain is basically the github of Blockchain so in the

blockchain world when a transaction goes out into the space every node and every

miner gets a transaction on to their personal system

what Holochain is doing differently is that each is that you as a user

basically control your own nodes just like in github you control..

control your own repo and then another similarity between Holochain and

github is that you are able to build your own whatever you want on github you

can build the website off of a repo an app you can literally build whatever I'm

so Holochain is a framework for building decentralized

apps fun fact right now if you want to invest in Holochain you can determine

that after watching this video but Holochain is trading right now for

like a hundredth of a penny Holochain is also an open source project so they

recently partnered or did some work with Mozilla and for those who don't know

Mozilla their main mission in the web world is to be an open source platform

and so Holochain coincides with that mission Holochain also has

Holo coins so they had an ICO it's an ERC 20 token but what's funny is for

their for their ICO... so an ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering. Holochain

wants to be unique and they called it Initial Community Offering because just

to keep it frank with you guys their coin is really based off nothing but an

idea it depends on the supply and demand and how many people actually develop on

their platform who else is like this I believe it I think it was Havven yeah I'm

pretty sure I think Havven with their "TAI" coins a lot of platforms out

there right now are building this dream or an idea and they're asking people to

invest in it and how lucrative their coin are their coins are really depends

on how many developers and how many people use their platform but don't get

me wrong Holochain has a use for their coins how I

mentioned earlier you can build your own decentralized app off of the Holochain

framework and so they also have to make things even more confusing they

also have a hosting company on top of Holochain called HOLO and if you

want to use HOLO you can pay for the service you can pay for the services

using HOLO coins so Holochain is basically combining all these ideas of

Technology from different things so for those of you familiar with BitTorrent

they have distributed hash tables how L took that idea and they took a lot of

concepts from blockchain and they added all these concepts to create what they

have as Holochain. Holochain has actually been in the works since I think

2009 when I originally started their project it was called meta currency but

now they're called Holochain and just to keep it a buck I feel like if

blockchain started early blockchain started like later than Holochain

the Holochain is still trying to become popular

they're obviously missing something and we're going to dig deeper into what

they're missing later in the video because I think there's some key there's

some key like soft skills but also like their tech that needs to be tweaked so

major difference at the Holochain people want us to know is the difference

between difference between data centric and agent centric Holochain is agent

centric and bitcoin is data centric so for a Bitcoin transaction to go through

the all the nodes are working out for this data that's sent out into the

system and Holochain is about that Holochain is saying they are

different because they are agent centric their consensus and security and all

these other aspects are based on the builders of their platform on on their

users so it puts a lot of it puts a lot of freedom in to developers hands now

another youtuber talked about this but I'm just gonna repeat it in regards to

Holochain but that is very dangerous to put all that decision and to

developers hands could be detrimental to the tech world's because

with blood chain and just this whole idea of smart contracts and what have

you as such a new a new technology when people are building on it they're bound

to make a ton of mistakes and so if you have a platform when people already have

so much freedom then it won't there won't be I don't think there would

be that much adoption to the technology which is why I think it's taken Holochain

so much time to gain just a little bit of more public attention and so you

may ask how is so with blockchain they have a consensus system where when I

tracks return I've already said this but when the transaction goes out all the

nodes and miners can determine whether or not this transaction is true or false

and the choose action happens occur accordingly with Holochain the

question may be how is there consensus when all transactions happen privately

so like I said earlier how the chain is leaving consensus and security measures

on the hands of their developers on the platform but they have this thing called

the immune system that they run and their distributed hash tables that reads

all the transactions that are happening so there there are distributed hash

tables is meant for is meant more for data storage then as a daniken system

than a consensus system so instead of their DHT checking whether or not people

are correct know checking whether or not a transaction is true or false what it

does more is it reads all this data and it determines how to call it an immune

system and the immune system determined to another something bad happening in

its system if that makes sense so it's like I don't know it's like gossip girls

you're just like listening to everything that's happening in a system and then

when something sounds off you're gonna stop it

so what happens is that the immune system sees that like a node over here

is clearly lying because one node over here has already used that

information here what have you then it's gonna stop that node

having anymore access to the network or what have you ideally this system needs to

happened really fast and I feel like something that's stopping the Holo

chain team is that this system is probably actually currently release well

with that being said let me take a little bit more about the Holochain

team so when I was doing research about what Holochain is because someone

approached me a few weeks ago saying like hey what do you think about this

platform so of course I can't provide my opinion until I do my own research so I

spent a few I spent a while every day digging into the Holochain platform

watching hours of videos of what this platform is and I got more information

from like outsiders than like inside the Holochain team and my

feedback to the team is that you need better marketing it's been 10 years and

no one really understands what you're doing you had a video out from maybe one

of your developers that was like in his house and he was describing what Holo

chain is if you guys have had if you have a budget to make like to sustain a

company for 10 years spend some funds and marketing so that

we can understand what you're trying to do if we can't understand what you're

trying to do then this technology is going to continue to like ride under the

wave of blockchain and not ever reach anytime any type of popularity and on

top of that I've watched like a one-hour video on one of year one of the Holo

chain reps that went to Mozilla to talk more about their platform and the whole

entire time the overarching theme of Holochain was that it's a platform

for social good one of the people in the audience at this talk was like ok I came

to this talk more because I want to hear about the technology I want to go a

little bit more low-level and deeper until what you guys trying to do but

overall Holochain is just giving everyone very high levels

ideas of their technology if you want developers to build in your space

explain to us better like what you want like what you're trying to do how can we

build in your platform because just by giving us high-level social good talks

and having your developers like give an explanation of what he's building

from his home I don't think it's that effective and you could definitely

figure out a better way to share your story yeah so that's what I think about

Holochain I personally have again this is not financial advice I have no stake or

I'm not in any way tied to Holochain I just did some in-depth research I

tried it like use their platforms so Holochain does have some sample like dApps

on their platform but they're very rudimentary and no way like a good

start to get developers on their platform so if you want more developers

in a platform maybe get some more or or better devs out but also get some better

explanations of what you guys trying to do in more low level explanations of

your technology I hope that was helpful for you guys please subscribe and give

this video a big thumbs up so we can do some more on tech lifestyle videos

coming up throughout this summer and besides that I have no idea what videos

are coming up next you just have to subscribe and watch have a nice day

everyone and

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét