Thứ Bảy, 30 tháng 9, 2017

Waching daily Sep 30 2017

- What's the best wetsuit for poor swimmers, then?

- Yeah, I should come here at quarter to,

not quarter after.

- Excellent angle, aren't all Instagram selfies

taken from ...

- Hola, Trainiacs, the new addition to the family,

IE, this wetsuit, got me thinking about,

not just what the best, best wetsuit is,

but moreso, what the best wetsuit for poor swimmers is,

and the reason for that is because

I had a poor swim this morning.

At one point, Coach Pat said,

"Hey, for the next little bit of this swim,

make sure that you step it up to race pace."

To which I said, "I've been trying

to hit race pace this whole time."

The look on Pat's face, I tell you, he was just horrified.

It's like when you were a kid

and your parents say, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

On the bright side, the biking and the running

is just absolutely out of the park these days.

Swimming, uh, not so much.

So, now, am I gonna say to you that this

Tier Cap 5 Wetsuit is the best wetsuit

for poor swimmers, just because they sent it to me

and I didn't pay for it?

No, not my style.

But, what I'm gonna do is talk about the features

of this wetsuit that I find you should be looking

for in other wetsuits, if you aren't a good swimmer,

and I'm gonna preface that by saying,

I consider myself not a good swimmer,

and basically what I define as not a good swimmer,

is somebody who didn't grow up with a background of swimming

or doesn't consider themselves an elite swimmer.

Typically, these are people that say things like,

"Ah, you know, I wish this swim wasn't a wetsuit swim."

Or they're able to absolutely smash

the entire field in a triathlon swim,

like leaps and bounds ahead without even trying.

However, for the majority of us, I think,

like 90 plus percent, even me, even though I'm like,

kinda front of the second pack of the swim group,

I'd consider myself a poor swimmer,

basically somebody that can use the help

of some features in a wetsuit that'll make me

a better swimmer than I would be just in my speedo.

I'm not gonna be as good looking as I am in my speedo,

but I'm gonna be a better swimmer.

Now, the things that I am looking for in a wetsuit,

not coming from a swimming background is this,

I'm looking for legs that

have thicker neoprene than the chest.

What I want is for the legs

to basically have more buoyancy,

let's say these are the legs and this is my head.

I want my legs to have more buoyancy than my chest,

because what you're fighting is there's air

in your chest from your lungs,

so your chest is going to be buoyant naturally.

Your legs are gonna wanna sink naturally.

That sinking is gonna create drag.

That drag is gonna make you slower,

but if you have less buoyancy in the chest

of your wetsuit and more in the legs,

it'll kinda counteract that and it'll bring your legs

up closer to the surface.

Pretty good deal, right.

Almost every company has some sort of version

of a wetsuit where the legs have more buoyancy.

Maybe it's air pockets, maybe it's thicker neoprene,

but more buoyancy in the legs than in the chest,

so look for that.

Now, the second thing that I'm gonna look for

is something that keeps the core,

like right around the back here,

down your lower back, and all

around the fronts of your hips,

something that keeps your core stable,

and what I'm looking for there is I'm looking

for a wetsuit that doesn't allow me to do this,

because if you're going side to side like this,

on the side, when you fishtail out,

you're creating a lot of drag again.

The third thing that I'm looking for

in a wetsuit design for poor swimmers like me

is some sort of design in the form

that allows you to feel the catch at front of your stroke,

so in the case of the Roka Maverik Pearl,

it had a panel of just, like sheer material.

It wasn't even neoprene.

In this Tier Cap 5, you've got like hooks

here on the forearm that you're gonna

be able to feel that catch of the water.

Very important for new swimmers to be able to feel

like you're grabbing water instead

of just slapping away.

Slapping the base.

And then the last thing that I'm looking for

in a wetsuit designed for not natural swimmers like me

is on this suit, it's called buoyancy panels,

so it's panels that are either on the side

of the wetsuit or right down the center chest,

and basically what I'm looking for is a design

in the wetsuit that is going to encourage me

to go side to side, because if I'm pushing just forward

and constantly having a horizontal body,

I'm gonna be like a tugboat.

What we want is to be like a shark that's going

on the side with less frontal drag.

Most wetsuit companies have a lot of these features,

however, these wetsuits tend to be really high-end

kinda wetsuit, like 600 dollars plus,

but if you wanna be fast spend some cheddar.

Now, for your sadistic pleasure,

here is the brutal swim I had this morning.

(hip hop music)

Oh, hey, warm up?

- Yeah, need it for a warm up.

- I'll be leaving soon, though.

- Okay, good.

- Yeah, I think coming here more like

quarter to, not quarter after.

(hip hop music)

So, just as happened with Compache last year,

as I start ramping up my run volume past,

I don't know, 40K with a fair bit

of intensity throughout the week,

find that my left achilles, and it's actually

not like the narrow achilles, it's like all

the stuff on the side of the achilles,

and a little bit on the heel,

so it's like a cross between achilles pain

and plantar fascitis pain.

I got a little bit of it going on right now,

so I'm spending a fair bit of time walking around

on my tiptoes and waking around the sides

of my feet and the inside of my feet, right, Grace?

Can you confirm?

Can you, can you give me kiss?

Thank you.

Scrunching up my toes and icing my heel.

If you've ever had foot problems,

tell me in the comments below,

'cause they are a biz-nitch to fix sometimes.

You know how in golf, there's always

a gadget for everything?

Well, there are a ton of foot gadgets,

and you know what, some of the best money

spent on injury prevention, foot gadgets, mark my words.

Tell me what you like the in the comments below,

and, and, and if you've had foot problems

and you don't have gadgets,

check out this video right there,

that I did on my foot health routine.

Alright, Trainiacs, I'm out.

Now, Gracey, now.

For more infomation >> Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Poor Swimmers - Duration: 7:56.

-------------------------------------------

15 Tips For Empaths And Highly Sensitive People To Stop Being Overwhelmed By Their Superpower - Duration: 5:18.

15 Tips For Empaths And Highly Sensitive People To Stop Being Overwhelmed By Their Superpower

Empathy is the innate sense by which we can be attuned to the inner feelings and energies of the people around us.

Some authors believe that it might have genetic characteristics.

If there are others in your families who have the knack for picking up on the emotions and feelings of those around

them, you might inherit that ability.

Like a superpower, it can travel down generations.

But while having the gift of being extra perceptive is a good thing, it comes with its own challenges.

Like the superhero movie cliché; with great power comes great responsibility.

In this case that responsibility is to our own self.

Empaths not only detect the dominant emotions of others but also sometimes mirror them.

If you have a heightened sensitivity to the mental energies around you, it makes you perceptive but also vulnerable.

Without coping skills, you may get overwhelmed by your own gift.

That's why we've got these 15 tips to prevent you from falling on your own metaphorical sword:

#1 Much Needed Alone-time

Spending time alone allows you to get in touch with your own inner feelings and it's a great way to de-stress.

#2 Motivate Yourself

Have positive thought patterns and train your mind to keep giving you tidbits of wisdom to keep you going through the

day.

It helps to have a positive mindset.

#3 Keep Your Guard Up Sometimes

It's okay to retreat into the recesses of your mind sometimes as a means to shield yourself.

Sometimes a break from reality is essential to your well-being.

#4 Balance Your Energies

Create a balance in the energies you feel around you and the ones that emanate from you in order to get rid of

negativity.

#5 Live in the Moment

It pays dividends to get out of your Ego and live in the moment.

Just express whatever emotion comes to you naturally and see where it takes you.

#6 Belief

It's not too bad to foster a belief and project positivity onto objects.

Some people believe gems and stones can rid them of negative energy.

Try them!

#7 Aroma Therapy

We all like good smells.

Scented oils and their therapeutic values are known facts.

#8 Learn to Forgive

Forgive not for the sake of the one you're forgiving but for yourself.

Letting the ill feelings go is very good for your soul.

#9 Grounding

As you can imagine, staying grounded with both feet planted firmly, is essential.

It doesn't mean you can't let your imagination soar but you can nourish your root chakra energy through grounding.

#10 Meditation

Practice meditation to rid yourself of stress.

#11 Good Music

It's now a proven fact that music is good for your heart.

Listen to soothing music to relax, or even your favorite music… even if they're a punk band!

#12 Connect with Nature

Nature and natural beauty has amazing rejuvenating properties.

Ever walked on grass while barefoot?

Try it.

Try it now.

#13 Smudging

The Native Americans have been doing this with great results for years.

Burning sage while stating an intention is a great method for clearing energy.

#14 Yoga

Yoga's focus on controlled breathing is a great way to achieve the grounding that you need.

You can train your body in the art of peaceful relaxation.

Try these exercises.

#15 Be Grateful

Be grateful for the good things in your life.

You can even try to keep a journal that you can fill with such things at the end of your day.

For more infomation >> 15 Tips For Empaths And Highly Sensitive People To Stop Being Overwhelmed By Their Superpower - Duration: 5:18.

-------------------------------------------

Preparing for Showings as a Seller - Duration: 3:06.

- Hey there, welcome to This is Your Life.

I'm just kidding, it's JR again, and today,

I'm talking about preparing your house for a showing.

You're obviously a seller.

Preparing for Showings: Seller.

Okay, real quick, here's what you wanna do

when you're gonna prepare your house for a showing,

you have a showing scheduled, people are coming,

you know that they're coming,

so it's very important to prepare your house.

We'll start in the kitchen.

In the kitchen, you want the counters to be nice and clean,

no dirty dishes.

You have things sitting here.

See how nice it was before?

And a glass, and you've got this other thing

of something over here, you baked something,

but you left a mess out.

Okay, don't leave anything out.

Make it all nice and clean.

See how it starts to muddle up everything,

you got these towels on everything, a drawer pulled out.

That doesn't help.

So, have that nice and cleaned up, ready to go,

no dirty dishes even in the sink.

You can put them in the dishwasher.

Just this one right here.

You can put them in there, close the door, fine.

Don't run it.

If it's super, super silent, that's okay to run it,

because then it says, hey look, our dishwasher's running,

but you can barely even hear it.

So, that's okay.

All right, next, turn on all the lights.

This is a light bulb.

It's my artistic abilities.

Just turn on the lights, very simple,

all the rooms, turn on the lights.

A light place where you can see feels cleaner and nicer

and ready to go.

Number three, do not take a shower right before a showing,

because a moist, steamy bathroom of someone else

is not appealing.

So, don't do it.

Plan ahead, shower before, don't shower,

don't leave your bathroom all steamy and gross.

This right here is a thermostat.

Not like one you might recognize now,

this is one of the old ones.

It's in brown, and that's a circle,

and you can change the thing right here.

You want to have your house at a comfortable temperature.

This, I'm assuming, is pointing at about 76 degrees.

You could probably go lower than that,

and it just depends on your climate.

Make it comfortable, so when people walk in,

they feel comfortable and they wanna stay,

and they wanna look around and all that.

If you walk into a house that's too hot or too cold,

people wanna leave.

You might think, well yeah,

but they're gonna look at the house.

If they don't feel comfortable, there's reasons,

and they don't see them in their mind

as to why they're not comfortable,

they just think, I don't know,

I just didn't really like that house.

It is was just because it was too hot in there,

then we gotta fix that.

Set your 1970's thermostat to that.

And then lastly, open up all your blinds

and shades and curtains,

unless of course there's a neighbor next door

that you don't wanna showcase,

but you wanna let all the light in, right,

so that way just like for here,

you want it to be nice and bright inside.

So, hopefully that helps you understand how to get ready

for a showing,

and if you have any questions about that or anything else,

reach out to us, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét