Thứ Bảy, 30 tháng 9, 2017

Waching daily Oct 1 2017

rangoli designs for diwali

For more infomation >> rangoli designs for diwali easy | simple kolam designs for diwali | muggulu designs for diwali - Duration: 1:51.

-------------------------------------------

LED Portrait Lighting with Savage Edge Lit Pro LED Light for Studio and Location Stills and Video - Duration: 12:20.

How do you make an LED lighting panel that is much bigger than a strobe, yet super thin

and it has really even light across the front panel… you light it from the edge. That's

want Savage Universal did with these awesome Edge Lit Pro LED Lights. Stay tuned while

I put them to the test in the studio and on location - be right back!

Hey gang! My name is Joe Edelman and my mission is to help photographers like YOU to develop

a solid understanding of the HOWS & WHYS behind great photography so that you can achieve

your goals as a photographer.

The folks at Savage decided to take a different approach to LED lighting and instead of building

a panel with a few hundred LED bulbs facing forward… which means you have a few hundred

point light sources facing forward - they created a panel with LED bulbs that shine

inward from the outer edges of the light and are then redirected through a soft white panel.

This gives you a very even, very soft light. Essentially a small softbox.

The Edge Lit Pro is 12" x 9". And it's super thin. Just 1.5" without batteries

and 2.5" with them. And yes that means that it works on AC power or you can power it with

two Sony batteries which are very common with video gear. It will run for 75 minutes at

full power with fully charged batteries.

This is a bi-color light that is blendable from 3200k to 5500k which makes it very easy

to use these lights mixed in with other ambient light. They have a CRI of 95 which we learned

in this video…. is really good and they have an output of 1,677 Lumens at three feet

which makes it more powerful and a little bigger than some of the units that are getting

big buzz right now. Independent lab tests measure the Edge Lit Pro at an even higher

1,784 lumens when used at 5500k - which is daylight balance.

The Edge Lit Pro emits almost no heat and it's completely silent which makes it great

for video work. It has an all metal design that weighs just 3.5 lbs. The big LCD readout

display makes it easy to see your power level, color temperature and channel information

from a distance. Each Edge Lit Pro ships with a multi-channel remote that can control your

lights individually or in groups just like you do with a radio transmitter for your strobes

I really like these lights. As you have heard me say many times before - they are not going

to be for everyone. There is no such thing as a light that is perfect for every situation.

Why you may ask? Because light is a photographer's best friend. Remember that the word "photography"

was created from Greek roots meaning to "draw with light". So good photographers are always

looking for unique and interesting ways to generate, manipulate, modify and manage light.

The folks at Savage Universal were kind enough to send me four of these units so that I could

really put them to the test and I decided to take it a step further and use them both

in the studio and on location.

I started in the studio with a quick portrait session. In this first setup I used all four

panels - I mean why not? It wouldn't be nice to let one of them get lonely in the

case all by itself while the others are out having fun. Please fellow TOGS - show some

compassion for your gear.

You can see here I have the lovely Monae in front of a Savage Universal #24 Orange Seamless

Paper backdrop.

I have one Edge Lit Pro panel placed on camera left as my main light and it is set at 80%

power and 5500k color temperature. My fill light on camera right is set at 40% power

also at 5500k. Behind my subject is a panel on the floor thai is aimed up at the backdrop.

This one is set at 65% power and 4300k to throw a little more warm light on that orange

and then to camera left I have the last panel also set at 65% and 4300k as a warm rim light.

Please observe that my main light is set above my models eyes and carefully aimed down towards

her face. The fill on camera right is lower but still above her eyes - I want to have

shadows naturally below the nose and jaw - not above.

5500k is considered daylight balance by most equipment manufacturers. You will find temperatures

from 5000k to 6500k referenced as daylight. Basically the way it works - the higher the

number - the whiter the light.

The lower end of the scale at 3200k is like a good old fashioned incandescent light bulb.

This feature is beneficial for adding warmth to things like you saw me do in the last headshot

or for being able to balance your lights to a room where the ambient light is generated

by incandescent or halogen lamps.

Here is a three quarter length shot that I did with Monae and essentially the same lighting

set-up as the portrait. The noticeable difference is that you can see I have turned the panels

sideways so that the light spread will cover more vertical height. My settings on the lights

and camera were the same as they were for the portrait.

Next up I went with a #20 Black seamless from Savage and a three light setup.

I have my key or main light in the same position on camera left. I've taken the panel on camera

right and moved it behind my subject to serve as a rim light. I also removed the background

light from behind her and I am still using the rim light on camera left.

Just to break down this lighting concept for you… You can see that with my main light

on camera left - I have a shadow on the camera right side of Lola's face. By adding that

rim light on camera right - I am able to add some depth to my lighting which makes the

shot more interesting. If I dial the color balance of the Edge Lit Panel down to 3300k

I get a much warmer rim light. If you are using strobes - you can do this with an orange

or better yet amber colored gel. Then if you have a third light - you can add a rim on

the other side which will help separate your subject from the background even more.

One very important tip… always pay close attention to the brightness of your rim lights.

This applies for both flash and LED lighting. Rim lights that are blown out and overexposed

just look sloppy and distracting. This is a perfect scenario where having a handheld

light meter can save you a lot of time and guesswork.

Before we go outside, here is a quick series I shot with a young Instagram blogger that

I am working with. I shot these on a Savage #8 Primary Red seamless. I used four lights

- two on each side on my subject, one above for a hair light and the fourth low and on

the ground for a background light. This very simple balanced arrangement gives me a nice

clean commercial look.

In this last one, I simply removed the panel on camera right and shot with a three panel

set-up for this version which has more shadow and depth than the others.

Remember - there is no right or wrong here, but understand that light placement and intensity

doesn't just impact shadows and exposure - it helps to set the mood and tone of your

shot.

For my location setup I found a small piece of roadway that's not being used because

it's under construction and took the Edge Lit Pro's and my model Monae out for a short

90 minute mosquito challenged session as the sun went down.

In case you haven't watched my Smartphone series of videos, I use the app called Sun

Surveyor to plan in advance and know exactly when and where the sun will set. I have a

link to the blog article and apps in the description below.

I actually prefer shooting with natural light outdoors, but it if you want to be one of

the cool kids, it seems that you need to gear up and get outside.

So for my first shot, I am still about 30 minutes away from sunset. The sun is starting

to fall below the trees, and the sky is in that phase where it is very bright and almost

white close to the horizon. Here is what I get with no additional lighting or reflectors

- a very soft and natural look.

Now if I go with the same three light setup that I used with the black background in the

studio - main light on camera left - fill light on camera right and rim light on camera

right rear - this is the look that I get. You can see that I have placed my lights at

about the same distance from Monae as I had them placed in the studio.

A little tip - good light placement is no different outdoors than it is indoors. I see

so many new or young photographers practice lighting in a studio and then go outside and

forget everything they learned about light placement. Keep it simple stupid. If you are

learning how to light - take the lighting arrangements that you do inside - outside

and start there. That way you begin by learning how to balance the ambient light with your

strobes or LED lights instead of overwhelming yourself with too many variables.

Just like in the studio - I have my lights placed high to mimic natural lighting and

I have my main or key light placed where my model is looking so that I am not creating

harsh shadows.

As the sun continued to set - I moved to the middle of the road and went for something

a bit more dramatic. So now I am shooting full length with just two lights. My main

light is on camera left and placed well above my model and I have a second panel as a rim

light on camera right. I left the panels in the horizontal position so that I would get

some light fall-off towards the bottom of the frame and you will notice in each of these

last shots, I have Monae's face turned towards my main light so that I don't have harsh

shadows on her face. You can also see that as the sun is getting much lower, color is

starting to return to the sky near the horizon.

Just after the sun has fallen below the horizon is when the sky is going to really start to

pick up the rich colors and with my Edge Lit Pro panels in exactly the same positions,

I was able to create this shot and then this shot.

If you are one of those ZOMBIEtographers who follows the crowd - you might want to skip

ahead to the next part of the video. For the rest of you… let me point out that there

are lots of ways to have your subject brighter than the background that don't require extra

expensive gear that has high speed sync. I have just shown you one of them. In case you

missed it - how did I do it? Planning and patience. Two things that don't cost anything.

I just had to plan ahead for a time where the ambient outdoor light would be dimmer

than the power of my Edge Lit Pro's. It really wasn't that hard.

So indeed if you are that photographer that is determined to find one light that is going

to do everything you will ever need…. LED lights are not going to overpower the sun

at high noon. But like I said earlier, If I am shooting outdoors, I would rather shoot

with natural light. Check out this video that I did a few years ago. It shows examples of

how to find nice light without strobes or reflectors outdoors at midday.

The Edge Lit Pro LED light can be purchased as a single unit and it comes with the AC

power cord, two Sony batteries and two chargers. Also included is the rotating light stand

adapter, a multi-channel remote control and a padded carry bag

Savage also sells the Edge Lit Pro as a lighting kit that comes with two Edge Lit Pros, two

rotating light stand adapters, two power cords, four batteries, four chargers, one multi-channel

remote control, two Savage 7′ easy-open Drop Stands™ and a padded rolling case.

I mentioned the 7' easy-open Drop Stands™… these stands are awesome. The auto-extending

and collapsing legs with air cushioning allow for quick and easy repositioning of your lighting

without having to bend over and lock and unlock the legs. They also have a 1/4 20-3/8 reversible

spigot stud that can be mounted vertically or horizontally, which makes the stand very

versatile.

So if you are looking for a great light that is long lasting - I'm talking 20,000 hours

of use with the installed bulbs and eco friendly and super easy to use - I would encourage

you to check out these Edge Lit Pro's from Savage. I am definitely adding them to my

lighting arsenal.

Next up in the LED lighting series I am going to take a look at four different LED lights

from Smith Victor. From their COOL LED series I will test out the 25 watt, 50 watt and 100

watt models - that's comparable to a 1000watt incandescent light and I am also going to

use the Smith Victor 19" Bi-Color LED Ring Light and I will show you that ring lights

are not just for circle catchlights and making YouTube videos

Until then, I hope you found this useful. Please hit that thumbs up and subscribe so

that you don't miss any videos and until next time go pick up that camera and shoot

something because your BEST shot - it's your NEXT shot, so keep learning, keep thinking,

keep shooting.

Adios!

For more infomation >> LED Portrait Lighting with Savage Edge Lit Pro LED Light for Studio and Location Stills and Video - Duration: 12:20.

-------------------------------------------

Beautiful forecast for first day of October - Duration: 3:05.

For more infomation >> Beautiful forecast for first day of October - Duration: 3:05.

-------------------------------------------

Engine Damage Forces Emergency Landing For L.A.-Bound Air France Flight - Duration: 0:26.

For more infomation >> Engine Damage Forces Emergency Landing For L.A.-Bound Air France Flight - Duration: 0:26.

-------------------------------------------

Police Search For Man Caught On Video 'Upskirting' Woman At Walmart - Duration: 2:02.

For more infomation >> Police Search For Man Caught On Video 'Upskirting' Woman At Walmart - Duration: 2:02.

-------------------------------------------

Today Kids TV | Learn Colors for kids | Surprise Eggs | Finger Family Song Nursery Rhymes - Duration: 2:10.

Today Kids TV | Learn Colors for kids | Surprise Eggs | Finger Family Song Nursery Rhymes

For more infomation >> Today Kids TV | Learn Colors for kids | Surprise Eggs | Finger Family Song Nursery Rhymes - Duration: 2:10.

-------------------------------------------

Perry South March Calls For Justice In Mother's Unsolved Murder - Duration: 1:47.

For more infomation >> Perry South March Calls For Justice In Mother's Unsolved Murder - Duration: 1:47.

-------------------------------------------

Spain braces for violent fallout over 'illegal' independence vote - Duration: 3:55.

Spain braces for violent fallout over 'illegal' independence vote

A potentially violent showdown looms in Spain on Sunday, where tens of thousands of Catalans intend to carry out an independence referendum deemed unconstitutional by the country's courts.

Hundreds of independence supporters slept overnight on Friday and Saturday in some 160 schools that are designated polling places, vowing to keep them open for voters.

But local police planned to remove them on Sunday — by force if necessary, Spanish government sources told Reuters. Catalan officials have said polls will open at 9 a.m. The Madrid government has ordered separatists to vacate the schools by 6 a.m.

And while both sides were urging non-violence on Saturday, thousands of national police billeted in two ships off Barcelona were ready to halt voting.

"We trust that citizens understand and will follow those instructions" to leave school polling stations, said Enric Millo, the region's top Spanish government official.

Carles Puigdemont, the pro-separatist president of the wealthy region in northeast Spain, is undaunted. Catalonia has a right to decide its own future, he told separatists.

"Friends," he said, "so that victory is definite, on Sunday let's dress up in referendum [clothes] and leave home prepared to change history. A referendum poster is seen plastered to a wall in Barcelona, Spain.

He called on the European Union to step in and help mediate talks between Madrid and Barcelona. For weeks, Catalonia and the rest of Spain have played a cat-and-mouse game over the referendum.

Spanish officials have shut down Web sites telling Catalans where to vote.

Catalans responded by launching an application on Google that gives potential voters polling locations and instructions. Spanish officials then won a court order forcing Google to delete the app, The Wall Street Journal said.

Early Saturday, the Catalan regional government's telecommunications and information center was raided by officers. The raid set out to stop the use of vote-counting software necessary to Sunday's election, Joan Maria Pique, Catalonia's spokesman, told CNN.

"It's one more sign of the unreasonableness on the part of the state trying to repress," a different Catalan spokesman said, according to the Journal. He added that the referendum is " unstoppable.

If a vote is still held, it will likely be steeply in favor of independence, since Catalans who are opposed to succession from Spain have vowed to boycott the referendum.

Spanish unionists note that Catalonia, a region of 7. 5 million, has a high degree of autonomy — as do other regions, like the Basque region in the country's northeast and the Galicia region in the west.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét