Thứ Tư, 31 tháng 10, 2018

Waching daily Oct 31 2018

If you were asked, "Where is the Church?"

would you answer, "The temples"?

A few years ago, on a beautiful Halloween evening,

my wife and I were in the temple in Kirtland, Ohio.

In the late fall afternoon the sun was streaking through the old, wavy, hand-blown windowpanes.

The building was light and airy and magnificent.

Within its walls and under its spell, I was enchanted by its beauty.

I was so impressed with the building that I came back to Church headquarters

and told the Brethren that it would be wonderful

if that building were still operating as one of our temples.

Elder Packer corrected my thinking when he said,

"We do not have the building,

but, when our people left,

they took with them that which was important."

So the Church cannot, in and of itself,

be the temples, magnificent as they are,

because the temple buildings alone do not bless.

They are the exquisite containers for the pearls of great price

administered therein by the priesthood of God.

For more infomation >> Inspirational Short: Where Is the Church? | James E. Faust - Duration: 1:42.

-------------------------------------------

Poll: Indiana Senate Race Is A Dead Heat - NBC News/Marist | MTP Daily | MSNBC - Duration: 2:39.

For more infomation >> Poll: Indiana Senate Race Is A Dead Heat - NBC News/Marist | MTP Daily | MSNBC - Duration: 2:39.

-------------------------------------------

Is This a Sewing DISASTER?? (beginners sewing) - Duration: 5:35.

I've been avoiding a certain chore for a really long time and it's starting to

pile up I need to start adulting and face the music or in this case face the

needle. Hi it's Hannah and welcome to Chore With Me. Today we're going to talk about

things were not good at. Youtubers typically build their channels around

things that they're very good at or that they excel at and they share those

things with people we like watching those channels because they're

interesting and well put together however I think it's pretty real when

you share something you're not good at I don't have to look too far to find

things I'm not good at I can't keep the cactus alive I'm terrible at remembering

people's names and I cannot sew to save my life thankfully my daily life doesn't

depend on me having to sew my own clothes thank goodness for that or I

would literally be walking around in a trash bag so here I am at the beginning

of my day all optimistic and ready to so first off let's see what has to be fixed

ok these socks have holes in them that I can do this I think a button fell off

hopefully I can find the button it's a probably put that back on this is a bag

that tore I think I could probably do that

this is also a bag with a hole in it we'll see how big the hole is I think

it's pretty large so I might give it to my mom this

it an apron my niece made me and it's super cute and I love it but it needs some work

done along the edges here and if I do it by hand it will literally take me all

week I don't remember what's wrong with this but it's my husband's shirt another

husband shirt oh these gloves he really likes them so I guess maybe

I could do that that's the pile of things I hope to get done I'll just do

my best oh so before we get started we're gonna

need a good laugh for rather I'm going to need a laugh because this might get a

little stressful for me there it is awkward family photo for today okay so

socks because I feel like I could probably fix these there's a hole here

is black there's already a needle in it perfect that's what we're gonna start

with all right now oh wait there's some scissors when you get some of this

thread already there's a problem I just pull a bunch off I always double my

thread can never have too much thread I always say so the first thing I need to

do is thread the needle so I'm gonna tie myself there's my stuff watch ready to

go whoa I got it that would really quick yeah okay like a record and I'm

literally gonna apologize to every person that is good at this kind of

thing I'm probably gonna be like that's not how you sew and I know I'm not doing

it right but I'm just doing it to get it done okay I'm just gonna keep tying

knots until I get two knots they kind of sit on top of each other I'm already

bored I don't know how people do this

and now one thing I did learn in my sewing classes believe it or not I took

sewing classes I just don't think they really helped me that much is that you

do it inside out so what I'm gonna do is I'm just gonna sew it across so I'm

literally just gonna go in grab it like this what is wrong already there we go

my knot is obviously big enough cuz it's holding the thread in and then I'm just

gonna keep doing this

see I literally I just I don't know how people ever get to be one with the

needle I just like I literally can't keep my hand in there well it's gonna

probably bust forward this because you're all gonna be falling asleep as I

nearly am oh my goodness it's success literally

I'm already done my first project I'd give myself an A+ for that

try this off at the end oh shoot doing this is so pathetic this is how I tie

things off I just grab it flip it around and then just what it's supposed to do

guys check it out that's insane how am I gonna fix that

all right let's see what we can do okay hello sir no no no you can't eat that

no that you can't eat that okay you know what I have to put you outside no no no

no no yikes what are you doing okay here you're gonna go outside now okay

sorry buddy you see this right here see that great this claw got stuck in my

shirt as I was taking him out okay sir hmm I don't have anything else to fix

okay there we go this is the one I fixed right here not terrible I mean you know

giving him a blow average so where I should actually get my husband's

reaction when I give him his gloves back see what he says

For more infomation >> Is This a Sewing DISASTER?? (beginners sewing) - Duration: 5:35.

-------------------------------------------

Announcement: The Camp Is At Risk Of Closing - Duration: 2:36.

Hello. My name is Ryan Commerson. I'm with Aspen Camp. I'm on the board serving as

the president. This video is an important message informing the community and those

that have been involved in the camp as volunteers, employees, campers, friends, and

supporters. Aspen Camp's finances are in dire straits. Aspen Camp has been around

for 50-plus years. It's an old camp. The buildings are showing signs of

wear and tear. Problems keep coming up so there are expenses that are

increasingly difficult to keep up with. Now, historically, we've had financial

issues and budgeting mistakes. Seventy percent of our campers

have been here on scholarships so we lose money every

summer for about ten years. There's been this downward trend and

loss. There are other issues regarding the camp as well. So now we're at this

point where we have to inform the community. We have two choices. One,

we as a community can rally and invest and pull the camp out of this. We can put

it on the road towards prosperity. We have a plan. We have a vision to reinvent

ourselves. We need new buildings and will initiate a capital campaign in the

future. But, first, we need to get out of the hole before we can begin that

process. If that's something you want to do to invest and to help us out of this

and bring us back up. The camp can evolve into a new kind of camp in the future. Or,

two, we may possibly have to close and sell the property. Those are the two

choices we have and that is where we are. If you believe in this camp and want to

show support especially because Aspen is the only camp in the world that is Deaf

owned and a year-round camp. There are other camps that are open for

the summer months or just for several months here and there. But we are the

only one that is 100% Deaf owned and year-round. There is a lot of

opportunities here but can't keep it up if we can't find a way

out of this. If you're interested and you want to know how you can help, get a hold

of us we can talk. Some of you may know someone that's interested in investing

financially and we can talk and develop a plan. Thank you.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét