Thứ Năm, 31 tháng 8, 2017

Waching daily Aug 31 2017

Graduate students are on the forefront of the research.

Even though we have the word "student" in our title,

we're doing real things.

We're doing real research that is very relevant.

I'm helping and supporting the next cutting edge to develop.

And that's what graduate work actually is.

To be able to bring their passions to life, both

within the laboratory, but also outside the laboratory

and share that with the community is really important.

Every day our graduate students are making new discoveries,

building on knowledge, and inspiring undergraduates

in the classroom.

Today we're celebrating the power of their ideas.

Doing Research Matters was an amazing experience.

The power of doing research, but also presenting research.

It was really important for me to think about my research

in a broader context.

The chance to really think at a new level

about what your research is and why it's important.

The Research Matters Program was an opportunity

for students to give their research significance

in a public way to a lay audience

through direction and mentorship.

The idea of giving a select group of grad students

the opportunity to speak to their research

and also to the passion that goes into it.

[APPLAUSE]

When I got nominated, first I wondered like who nominated me?

Wow.

I was excited to be able to participate in something

that was Ted style.

That was oriented specifically toward grad students.

Jessica Tabak is a Ph.D. candidate

in the English department.

When I heard my name and I stepped out on stage

it was kind of scary.

In the back room, those are the most nerve wracking moments

because you don't exactly know what to expect.

I sat there in the green room feeling fine,

feeling like this is a really nice event to be part of.

And then the door swung open and I think my heart hit my chin

or there abouts.

You know I felt my heart sort of go into my throat.

There was this split second where I thought,

oh my gosh, what am I doing?

And then about two sentences in I was fine.

As soon as I went up on stage, it was gone.

In this dreamlike autopilot state.

My autopilot just took over.

And then you feel really, really good.

It's kind of like an endorphin high.

One of the best things about Research Matters

was meeting students in other fields.

We all gave each other constant positive reinforcement.

It was a very neutral and supportive community.

Steve is a Ph.D. Candidate.

I learned a lot about stage presence

throughout this program.

It's really interesting watching yourself on tape.

Seeing yourself so small on such a big stage.

Most importantly--

What is the most effective way of explaining a topic,

being able to become proficient at this skill

is an opportunity that I think everyone should try to seek.

I think it's a challenge because we're trained and ingrained so

much to be so specific.

It made me understand my research better

and it made me better understand why it is that I'm doing it.

The initial video that I made for Research Matters and then

the subsequent refinements of that video, significantly

affected how I ended up writing my dissertation this year.

We really are going to have to be proficient at communication.

It doesn't matter what it is you do.

Your immune systems, over time, have developed really cool ways

at generally dealing with pathogens.

That was the idea, to give the talk in a way Mom

could understand.

The Research Matters video has been extremely useful for me

professionally.

Having the video clip then afterwards,

which I featured on my website.

I put it on my LinkedIn profile.

I've mentioned it in all my cover letters.

Interviewers are actually finding this video online.

Star Trek is wrong.

Neuroscience is the final frontier.

My advice for everyone as they begin to prep their audition

video is don't be bashful.

If you're afraid of public speaking and you get nominated,

you should go for it.

If the idea of bringing your research

from its fullness and its thick detail down into a kernel,

if that sounds intimidating, I'd say do it anyway.

I would tell students who are not

necessarily comfortable with speaking

that this is the perfect way to get comfortable with it.

It was a really empowering experience.

It's really been a great experience.

It's fun.

Research Matters was absolutely fun.

It was very, very cool.

The only other thing I would say, I guess,

is that I really hope Brown continues

to run Research Matters.

For more infomation >> Be a Speaker for Brown Graduate School's Research Matters! 2017 - Duration: 4:41.

-------------------------------------------

Primary Survey for Trauma - Duration: 11:54.

♪ There is no joy in the world like the joy of success ♪

Nice one, Dad!

Son...

Yes, dad?

Your cousin was here earlier and he said that the grades have been announced.

Yeah, that's true.

How did you do?

I passed, thank God!

I mean what's your grade exactly?

I think mom is calling me, right?

Your grade???

I'm coming, mom.

Boy, tell me your grade right now!

I got 60/100 dad.

Oh, you're such a loser!

[Punch, then moaning voices]

[Ambulance siren]

[Moaning]

Good morning, doctor.

Sherif El-Sherif. Sorry, I meant Dr. Sherif El-Sherif...

One of the most infamous doctors in Egypt

He finished medical school in "record time"

He took two years to finish year one

And three years to finish second year

And as for his third year, well, I don't need to tell you about that one

He spent another two years on year four

And three years on year five

And year six was quite the achievement! He finished it in just one year.

And thank God, he finally he graduated and became an intern.

His greatest idol: Rabe3.

Just Rabe3, without a title?!

You were just saying what he did in year three

And what he did in year five

And I didn't interrupt you

But now I have to respond

His name is Professor Dr. Rabe3

And enough chattering, let us finish the video

What are we gonna do with the patient, doctor?

[patient moaning]

Hey, professor!

Come here, doctor!

Where exactly am I going

You can't just leave the clinic, doctor.

And you can't bring me patients like this, so early in the morning!

Sorry doctor, I apologize.

Go bring me the gloves.

Absolutely, doctor.

What's wrong with you?

I've been hit on my head and I feel dizzy, doctor.

Focus on me

What the heck, I told you doctor I've been hit on my head, and you're hitting me again!

It's amazing!

What's amazing about that?

The cheesecake out there is amazing

You missed it

Oh, never mind

Tell me how you got hit

My dad hit me with a stick on my head, doctor.

Why, what did you do to him?

I got a D on my test in high school and told him.

That's it?

Yes.

Congratulations!

Thank you, doctor. God bless you.

I also got D's and there's nothing wrong with that.

But how did you become a doctor with those grades?

Extra credit for my athletic ability.

So there is hope for me then?

Yes, of course.

What are we going to do for the patient, doctor?

Dude...

I swear to God, I've told you how your annoying interruptions bother me!

Sorry, doctor.

You think it's cool to do that, when we're trying to get work done here, Gameel.

I swear I'm sorry.

So, what will do to cure him?

It's a trauma case, we will treat it. What do you think we're going to do?

But how, doctor?

We will do the ABCDE's, Gameel.

But what are the ABCDE's?

You idiot.

Forgive me, doctor.

The ABCDE's are simple.

For A, what do you think we're going to do?

Tell me, doctor

A is to grab.

Ahhh [moaning]

Ahhh [moaning]

It's simple.

And for B?

B is to dope.

Dope me, doctor.

Shut up and let me focus on my work.

Bring me the drugs!

Absolutely, doctor!

[Cellphone buzzes]

Excuse me for a minute.

Here are the drugs, doctor.

Just wait a second.

I'm sorry, doctor.

[Typing noise]

Here is the dope you asked for, doctor.

Should I bring the nurse?

Yeah, and tell her to put in the cannula line.

Of course, just wait one second.

Okay.

Wait, but what about C, doctor?

What?

C!

It's simple, what do we have left to do?

What?

Nothing, we will say goodbye.

Come on, time to go!

Wait a second doctor, what about D?

Yes you're right, what is D?

D... What is D...

Hello, doctors.

Today we will learn how to treat a blunt trauma case in the ER.

Our goal in the primary survey is to identify the life threatening conditions in 15-30 seconds maximum.

Alright, let's start treating the problem.

The primary survey consists of five steps, in order.

A B C D E

A for airway

B for breathing

C for circulation

D for disability

And E for exposure

The first step is to check the airway.

Our first priority is to maintain a patent airway.

We will check if the airway is open or not.

The easiest way to check is to ask the patient his name.

If he responds in a clear voice with no problems, then the airway is patent

And we will proceed to our second step: B for breathing.

If the patient isn't able to respond with a clear voice or you notice any problems...

Then we will open his mouth to find the cause of obstruction.

Are there any foreign bodies? Secretions? Facial fractures? Or any tracheal or laryngeal injuries, or not?

Then we will treat the problem.

Whether it needs suction, if there are secretions

Or whether we need to attach an airway device

Or intubate the patient

Or perform a surgical airway.

All of this depends on the case.

If we suspect there is a cervical spinal injury, we will use the cervical collar.

Then, we do the next step. B for breathing.

Look, listen, and feel.

We will listen for bilateral breathing sounds

And will check for symmetrical chest rise

And will check if there is crepitus or not

If everything looks right, we will move to the next step, C for circulation.

If there is respiratory arrest and the patient can't breathe

We will mount a bag mask valve

And will prepare the patient for intubation.

If we see unilateral chest rise, it is considered to be tension pneumothorax until proven otherwise.

And we will perform rapid needle decompression in the second intercostal space.

Then the next step, C for circulation.

For C for circulation, we will check the pulse. At the same time, someone else will check blood pressure.

Then we will evaluate if there is any evidence of external bleeding.

We will insert two wide bore cannulas.

Now the patient's veins are noticeable, but after awhile they might not be.

Then we will withdraw a blood sample in case he needs a blood transfusion or any blood tests.

If we find any external bleeding, we will stop it immediately with external pressure.

Then we will move to the next step, D for disability.

We will evaluate the patient for traumatic brain injury and global dysfunction.

We will ask the patient to move his arms and legs.

And will measure his level of consciousness using the glasgow coma scale.

Then we will use the eye torch to evaluate his pupils to check if they are reactive to light or not.

There is a very important point to pay attention to.

If there is any evidence of head injury and his general condition is stable,

We can move him to do a CT scan on the brain.

But if his general condition is not stable, we cannot move him to do a CT scan.

We have to stabilize his general condition first.

Then we move on to E for exposure.

We will expose the patient to check for any evidence of head injury or external bleeding.

Now we have finished the five steps of the primary survey in the correct order

In 15-30 seconds max if there are no required interventions.

We will have identified any life threatening conditions and started treatment.

So to sum up quickly:

For the airway, I shall ask the patient for his name. If he answers in a clear voice, we move on to B for breathing.

Look, listen, and feel for chest movement.

If everything looks good, move on to C for circulation.

I will check for pulsation and someone else will check blood pressure at the same time.

If everything looks good, move on to D for disability.

I will ask the patient to move his arms and legs.

If he can do that, move on to E for exposure.

We will expose the patient and check for any evidence of head injury or external bleeding.

Now we have finished our primary survey in 15-30 seconds max.

I hope that today we've learned how to identify life threatening conditions, during the primary survey in 15-30 seconds max.

D ... D ... D ...

I can't remember, can you believe it!

No problem.

Can you breathe okay?

Actually my chest hurts a lot, and I can't breathe well.

Oh don't worry, that's normal.

So, can I leave now, doctor?

Yeah, sure.

Okay, goodbye then.

Goodbye, get well soon.

Don't show your face here again.

We've watched how Dr. Rabe3 & Co. dealt with this case incorrectly.

Then the doctors of Ain Shams University taught us how to handle it correctly.

Now we have Dr. Mohamed El-Shinawi as our guest speaker.

My name is Dr. Mohamed El-Shinawi. I'm a professor of general surgery at Ain Shams University.

And I'm an advisor to the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.

For international and public relations in the field of scientific research.

I'm also a physician researcher in a number of projects. One of them is the Injury Prevention Project.

I'm the regional lead trainer in the Injury Prevention Program in collaboration between Ain Shams University and the University of Maryland.

How did I start and when?

I graduated in 1997, then I finished my residency and PhD.

In 2005, I was a professor.

I was responsible for the ER at the Ain Shams specialized hospital.

That is when the Injury Prevention Project began.

It's a long story, but in short I was recommended to prepare this project and the course.

Then I traveled to America and joined this course.

Then I became the trainer of it, and at the same time I met...

The team working on breast cancer and I joined them.

And since then, I've spent over 12 years...

As a physician researcher, in addition to my work as a professor of surgery and my career as a surgeon.

Of course, scientific research today is completely different than what it was 10 or 20 years ago.

Of course, there are things left to improve, but we hope to speed up this process.

Our most important achievement, in my opinion, is that younger students know more now about the scientific research process.

When we were young students, we didn't hear anything about scientific research.

Or to be accurate, most of us weren't involved in it.

Of course there were a small percentage of us aware of it, but that percentage has increased a lot today.

International publications say that Egypt is currently 37th worldwide in research...

Other sources say 35th worldwide

That means that the rate of research and publication in Egypt is increasing.

I want to focus more attention now on the quality of the research over the number.

And the most important element of that is to evaluate what our national priorities are and focus on those.

And also to focus more attention on...

The impact of these publications on our communities.

Both quality and quantity are important.

But of course quality is more important.

Publishing 100 papers in magazines that are not respected is pointless.

I must focus on the quality,

And at the same time increase the number,

But quality of course comes first, in my personal point of view.

Honesty.

Scientific integrity.

You must realize that the work has the possibility to impact things.

And that smaller steps now will lead to larger steps.

Have faith in your goal.

That's not just theoretical talk. But at the same time I know people often face financial problems.

This has to be solved.

The state must be a part of this solution

I can't ask you to do all the research on your own. You need a salary to stay alive.

I understand this.

So we need to start thinking about how we can guarantee a good salary so at the same time you can accomplish these goals.

So my message to researchers today:

Try your best.

Scientific integrity is very important.

Have faith in your work.

But at the same time not everything should be on your shoulders. There has to be support, so find a mentor.

For more infomation >> Primary Survey for Trauma - Duration: 11:54.

-------------------------------------------

I am Moana short cover - for Disney Music Videos - Duration: 0:35.

For more infomation >> I am Moana short cover - for Disney Music Videos - Duration: 0:35.

-------------------------------------------

Wordprocessing for Academic Submissions Session 1 15;45 - Duration: 15:46.

Welcome to this

the first of five sessions where we will be looking at

the basic tools that you will need to be familiar with

when preparing your academic projects for submission.

The reason why you will need to make adjustments here is because

you will be required to meet the

guidelines set out in the STYLE GUIDE. The STYLE GUIDE is available from your college

library,

your faculty or from your individual lecture.

The duty is on the student to read their

STYLE GUIDE and make sure that their submissions are meeting the standards

which are set out in that.

Most of these settings are fairly simple and straightforward,

and in this session we're going to look at FONT and PARAGRAPH SETTINGS

that you will need to be aware of. We will also take a look at MARGINS

and the idea of HEADERS and FOOTERS. So one way you can begin

is with a basic BLANK DOCUMENT and you can set

the standard at this stage and then you need no longer worry about it

for the duration of your writing. All of the standards that we are going to be setting

will continue true that document and through multiple documents ifyou want

to do that.

This will ensure that while you are writing you'll be able to

work away in the confidence that your document is meeting

the requirements of your STYLE GUIDE. So the first thing we will look at

is FONT. Now all adjustments that you make within a word-processing program

can be made at three particular times. At the very start ofa document before you

begin to write,

while you are writing and at the end of the writing process where you will edit

document. By doing it at this stage it is far easier

to continue the document in the same style

from beginning to end. So what we're gonna look at is the options to set

FONT and PARAGRAPH default settings by setting the

academic requirements of your STYLE GUIDE as your default settings.

This means you can open up the document and just begin writing

in confidence that everything is set

the way the STYLE GUIDE requires it to be. So we begin by looking at FONT.

The basic tools in the FONT SUBGROUP

are the FONT TYPEFACE,

and there's a whole range of them within there available on this drop-down button.

The most recently used are available here in a list of about 10.

Below this you have an A to Z liste and there's quite a significant

amount

of FONTS available to you in there. Each one is represented by its name

and a preview of how the FONT would look in the document.

So you can choose particular FONTS that you need.

But with regard to the STYLE GUIDE you need to choose the FONT type

that the STYLE GUIDE requires.

You can also set the FONT SIZE. Size

is measured in points, and you can see at the very bottom here we have the number 72.

A capital letter printed in seventy two point is actually one inch high

so these figures are

fractions of an inch. The FONT SIZES

are inter related to each other. So for example if we use

Arial 12 and we want something twice its size

we need to go to 24. But rather than changing here,

and then when you save a document you you inadvertently changed it again,

by going into the FONT DIALOGUE CALLOUT

which is this button here on the right hand side.

It gives access to this FONT dialog box and in here we have a one stop shop

where we can set everything. So for example if

our STYLE GUIDE requires us to use Times New Roman,

currently I'm using ARIEL, if I just start to type TIMES in their

within the first two letters there is Times New Roman.

Now if you look at the preview box at the end of this you will see that Times New Roman

is now written in there and is actually written in

Times New Roman style and just to show that if I choose another

FONT, you'll see that the FONTS change to represent what a FONT will actually

look like

when it is typed. The next thing we might need to change in here is we are going to

leave this

as a FONT STYLE as regular. If we need to use ITALIC

or BOLD or BOLD and ITALIC, we can return to the FONT SUB GROUP in the HOME TAB

and set those on and off as you acquire them. So we're gonna set the FONT

SIZE to 12. But again check your GUIDE to make sure that it is

STYLE and the FONT SIZE that is required.

FONT COLOUR here is automatic. What automatic means is black.

But again with a full range of colours there if we need them. T he underlying style

is none.

If we need underline we can go to the

FONT SUBGROUP no the HOME TAB and set underline from there

as and when we need it. Within this dialogue box this is basically all we need to

set up the moment.

Times New Roman. regular, 12.

Or whatever your STYLE GUIDE requires you to do. Now if I just say okay to that,

that will take effect from this point forward.

But if I now left click on DEFAULT, this warning comes up and says you're about

to change the DEFAULT

FONT to Times New Roman 12. If I say yes to that,

it then means that every time I open

a document in Word it will be Times New Roman

and it will be 12. So within the FONT SUBGROUP we also have the option

to set BOLD,

ITALIC and UNDERLINE. I can use a highlighter pen for the text

or I can colour the text itself. Now all thesebuttons if you're not too sure

what they are

if you just HOVER, point the mouse to it ans wait,

it will tell you what each button does. So you have things like STRIKE THROUGH

SUBSCRIPT AND SUPERSCRIPT and a clever little one here

which allows you to change the CASE. So for example, SENTENCE CASE

LOWER CASE UPPER CASE CAPITALIZE EACH WORD or TOGGLE CASE.

So that is basically it within the FONT SUBGROUP and if I begin to type now

you will see that

I am typing the words "Times New Roman"

in Times New Roman. So the next thing we want to look at is the options for

PARAGRAPHS.

Now everything you need for PARAGRAPHS is available to you in here.

But you also have the option of a CALL OUT dialogue box,

and this is where you can set your default settings for PARAGRAPHS.

So if I click on the CALL OUT button the PARAGRAPHS dialog box opens up.

I now need to refer to my STYLE GUIDE

to make few changes within here. The ALIGNEMENT of the TEXT to the LEFT

we can leave as is. If we need to align to CENTER

to the RIGHT or to JUSTOFY we can change those

up here within the PARAGRAPH SUBGROUP. The important things we need to look at here

is the SPACING BEFORE and AFTER a PARAGRAPH.

This will be mentioned within your style guide. normally there is a space between

each PARAGRAPHS which is equal to the FONT that you are using. So for example if we are using

12 POINT FONT

we would like a 12 POINT SPACE between each paragraph.

The easy way to set up is if I

apply SIX POINT BEFORE a PARAGRAPH and SIX POINT

AFTER a PARAGRAPH, then the gap before

and after the PARAGRAPH, and you can see that in the preview box, if I

exaggerate that to 12 you see the gaps between the bold PARAGRAPH

changing as I do that. That means thjat

instead pressing return and return to get

space between paragraphs when you press return it will leave

SIX POINTS AFTER THE PARAGRAPH, and the PARAGRAPH starting will have

SIX POINTS BEFORE it.So you end up a 12-point gap between the Paragraphs>

Another option that you will see in your STYLE GUIDE

is LINE SPACING .So normally you might be asked to

create a document with a LINE SPACING of

1.5 or DOUBLE LINE SPACING and you can see again in the preview

that there is a gap between the line and that is a 12-point gap.

Again, if I click on DEFAULT that will become the DEFAULT for this document,

and every time I open a document and I

use PARAGRAPHS then the PARAGRAPHS will react accordingly

to the settings that I set here.

I'm just gonna say OK for the moment so that it is applied

to the current PARAGRAPH only. You can see the next PARAGRAPH

it has not been applied to. One of the advantages

there of applying its to the whole document

is that you don't have to select all of the document. This will happen automatically.

The bottom of this PARAGRAPH has 6 POINT

gap between it and the next PARAGRAPH. If I highlight the first line of this

PARAGRAPH, you can see that the BLUE does not extend out

for any SPACING.So with those two settings

in both the FONT and the PARAGRAPH SUBGROUPS,

by using the CALLOUT box we can set up

the basic LAYOUT of the document. Once that is set as default you can just

open Word and begin typing your assignment andyou will know that

those two parts of the STYLE GUIDE have been adhered to.

So now we have looked at the FONT and PARAGRAPH sections

we're now going to look at MARGINS. Now MARGINS don't relate to individual PARAGRAPHS.

They relate to the entire document. So therefore you will find your MARGINS

within the PAGE LAYOUT RIBBON and the SUBSECTION we will deal with

is PAGE SETUP. Now within there we have this button for MARGINS

but if I click on the down arrow here I have a few options available to me.

I had the last custom settings I've got some presets like NORMAL,

NARROW, MODERATE, WIDE and MIRRORED.

In your STYLE GUIDE you will be given MARGIN setting

that you are required to adhere to and the way you can set up is if you go to

CUSTOM MARGINS

then this dialog box opens up. Again

it's the Page Setup dialog box we can also access that by

clicking on this CALL OUT BUTTON here at the bottom of the PAGE SETUP

SUBGROUP. But in here there are a couple options that we need to

look at. We will begin with MARGINS. Now there are 4 MARGINS in every document.

There is a TOP MARGIN a BOTTOM MARGIN, a LEFT MARGIN

and a RIGHT MARGIN. In your STYLE GUIDE you will be

told the MARGIN settings that you're required to set. So for example if we say

that a top and bottom MARGINS should be as they

are 2.54, this thesis which you are writing

is going to be bound into a book so we will need to make a

larger LEFT MARGIN so that might be for example

4 cm and the RIGHT MARGIN might only be 1.5.

You can see again in this preview here that it is

reacting to what what I'm doing. At this point here we can decide where the page

is PORTRAIT

or LANDSCAPE. Again for normal documents you will use PORTRAIT.

But for example if you are required to put a spreadsheet half way through

your document,

you can change that individual page into a LANDSCAPE PAGE

by using this area here APPLY TO THE WHOLE DOCUMENT

or FROM THIS POINT FORWARD.

So if a particular page needs to be a

LANDSCAPE so we changed the LANDSCAPE FROM THIS POINT FORWARD,

and then on the following page change back to PORTRAIT

FROM THIS POINT FORWARD again. But other than that all we're doing here now

is just changeing

the MARGIN. So we now have a 4 cm MARGIN

on the left 1.5 cm MARGIN on the right.

Now on the document nothing has changed at the moment.

But when I say okay to that, or if I want again I can

have the option to set those as default MARGINS.

You can see straight away the document has shifted

over and I have my left on MARGIN

4 cm in onto the PAGE and the right hand MARGIN

is over here. We also have a TOP MARGIN which is running across top of the PAGE

and at the bottom of the page we also have a MARGIN.

Now if I was to save that document those MARGINS will become part of the saving

process.

So as soon as I continue to type on from there,

those MARGINS will remain constant throughout.

You can see the running right through the document and if I create a new PARAGRAPH here,

you can see it continues with the same MARGINS.

So the final part in this session is

HEADERS and FOOTERS. Like the name suggests

the HEADERS and FOOTERS

are at the top and the bottom of each page. They are used to put repetitive

items onto each individual page. So for example if you require the title of the

document

at the top of the page and page number at the bottom of the page

well then you would be usingHEADERS and FOOTERS. There are a couple ways you can

access HEADERS and FOOTERS in it's most simplest form

this BLUE area here at the top of the page above the MARGIN

is actually where the HEADER resides, and a DOUBLE LEFT CLICK

will open up the HEADER and indeed the FOOTER

which we will see in a moment. It also opens up the HEADERS and FOOTERS tools .

You have a DESIGN RIBBON which is available to you

when you're dealing with HEADERS and FOOTERS. If I double click in the main

document again

the HEADERS and FOOTERS disappear and I'm back

and able to write within the main document again. So if I just a click there again

it brings me in to this DESIGN RIBBON

for HEADERS and FOOTERS and the important things in there

for example I can is quite simply type and if I

show you on the second page. you see that is now repeating

on every page in the document. The other option with HEADERS and FOOTERS

is that you can have pre-designed HEADERS and FOOTERS.

So if I look at a HEADER options here I click on the down arrow

and I'm presented with the gallery

of options for HEADERS and FOOTERS . Some of them are quite

elaborate some of them are simple.

Again refer to your STYLE GUIDE and it will tell you exactly what you need put in.

Mostly what you'll be asked to do is

maybe nothing in the HEADER at all but you will require

a PAGE NUMBER. PAGE NUMBERS are

available to you here in the HEADERS and FOOTERS SUB-MENU

of the DESIGN TAB. By clicking on PAGE NUMBER

you can choose if it's going to be at the top of the page,

the bottom of the page in the MARGINS

OR at the current position. In other words where your CURSOR is.

normally it would be, bottom of the page and in the center.

So if I click on that and you can see that at the bottom for the very first page

I have a number one and at the bottom of the second page at number two

and so on and so forth. So again I'll double click back into document

and you see that the HEADERS and FOOTERS guidelines disappear

and I'm left with my number. So the other option you have is to go to

the INSERT RIBBON, and select either HEADERS or FOOTERS.

You also have the option for page number there.

So those are the basic tools that you will need to set your document up

to meet the requirements of your STYLE GUIDE. Take the time to make sure you

understand what they are

and that you have your your settings exactly the way you need them to be.

But once you have done all those things you can then begin to get down to the important

task

of writing your assignment and

those valuable points that you get for adhering to the STYLE GUIDE

are in your pocket and then the document can do the rest of work for you.

For more infomation >> Wordprocessing for Academic Submissions Session 1 15;45 - Duration: 15:46.

-------------------------------------------

Labor Day Sales! Smart Shopper did the work for you! - Duration: 1:43.

For more infomation >> Labor Day Sales! Smart Shopper did the work for you! - Duration: 1:43.

-------------------------------------------

BOK keeps interest rate steady for August at 1.25% - Duration: 2:18.

The nation's central bank decided to keep its benchmark rate pat... at a record low

of 1-and-a-quarter percent for another month.

The decision was made as to not rattle the market... especially amid growing tensions

on the peninsula.

Kim Ji-yeon breaks down the widely expected move for us.

The Bank of Korea has frozen its benchmark interest rate for the 14th consecutive month,...

holding it at a record low of one-point-two-five percent.

The central bank hinted that the freeze was due to geopolitical risks... triggered by

the heightened tensions on the peninsula following a wave of North Korean provocations.

(Korean) "In July, we estimated the local economy would

grow, 2-point-8-percent this year.

Since then, we've noticed the emergence of several factors that may fuel or inhibit growth.

Positive changes include the stronger recovery momentum of the global economy...

while on the flip side, geopolitical risks stemming from North Korea and China's retaliation

over the deployment of THAAD... are becoming palpable as well."

BOK Governor Lee Ju-yeol had previously stated that he was monitoring the situation very

carefully... since the threats are not regarded as transitory.

An assessment of government measures to curb speculation in the housing market and its

impact on the one-point-two-trillion-U.S. dollar household debt,... is set to play a

key role in determining the timing of the next rate hike.

Further reinforcing a rate freeze is the dovish tone from the U.S. Federal Reserve regarding

the timeline of its rate hikes.

(Korean ed: steve) "Various economic indicators during the second

quarter, including the country's industrial output,... haven't improved from the previous

quarter.

It's going to be a challenge for the BOK to raise rates now since the recovery momentum

of the local economy is not solid enough to lead to annual growth in the high 2-percent

range."

The BOK had previously projected that it would be difficult for the Korean economy to grow

in the three-percent range this year even if the execution of the government's 9-point-8-billion

dollar supplementary budget bill for job creation is taken into account.

(standup) "The Bank of Korea will release its provisional

estimates of second quarter gross national income and gross domestic product on Friday.

Kim Ji-yeon, Arirang News."

For more infomation >> BOK keeps interest rate steady for August at 1.25% - Duration: 2:18.

-------------------------------------------

DIY #1 Honey feeder for ants (Turn on subtitles) - Duration: 3:08.

We need:

1.Pill pack

2.Scissors

First we must cut a square from the pill box.

Next if square is uneven we'll improve it.

After that we bend the sides.

Honey feeder for ants is done.

SUBSCRIBE MY CHANNEL!

For more infomation >> DIY #1 Honey feeder for ants (Turn on subtitles) - Duration: 3:08.

-------------------------------------------

Up For Promotion? How to Step Ahead of Your Competition - Duration: 5:47.

Are you up for a promotion,

getting ready for a selection panel, or

looking forward to advance your career

in the near term? I'm Colin Gautrey and

I was working with a client last night,

coaching him through his preparation for

the selection panel and there were four

really important points that came up

that I'd like to share with you now

because they could help you if you're

up for promotion. The first one was about

competition. He was very concerned, and

determined to ignore the competition and

focus on himself. On presenting

himself in the best light possible.

That's brilliant however, the selection

panel, the people on the other side

making the decision, will be factoring in

the competition. So, if you're in this

situation, what I suggest you consider is

to look very carefully at the competition,

if you are aware of them. If you know

who they are, understand where they are

different from you. What their strengths

are compared to yours. And then

determine your own personal

strategy to fare in the best

light possible. Then forget about the

competition and think about

yourself. Boost yourself, boost your

confidence boost your uniqueness and

the impression that you can create.

Don't obsess about the competition.

Understand where the competition

is and then decide a deliberate

strategy for you to stand out.

The second thing is about making

sure that you know what they're really

looking for. Most job descriptions come

with a whole long list of competencies

and responsibilities.

Quite a lot of these are harmonized

with the rest of the organization so

that they almost like have a common feel

to them and rarely are they what the

selectors are really looking for. That's

the official version. So, what you've got

to do is to use your network, use your

intelligence, use your knowledge, to try

to predict what the selectors are really

looking for. This can then feed into

your strategy and your approach to the

selection process.

The third thing to think about is

vision and it's really

important that you have a notion of what

is going to be happening in the next

role of how that fits in the bigger

picture so that you can come up with

some very clear ideas on what you would

be doing if you were successful. What's

your platform? What's your soapbox?

What do you believe needs to change

in that new role at a new senior

level. If you haven't got that

they're going to be looking

at you and thinking - well could this

person really step up? Could this

person really do what we're looking for?

The fourth thing is, and it's related to

the the vision, is to adopt a different

mindset. And this isn't about pretence

but it is about stepping into the role

in a mental way, you know, in sort of the

way you think, the way you are reacting

to things and the emotions that go with

it, and to get to feel as if you already

are there at that next level up. So,

transition yourself mentally into the

higher-level role, the more senior role

and think as if you were already there.

As soon as you start to do that it's

going to start to help you to see things

in a different light. it's going to make

creating a vision a lot more easily

accessible for you. It's also going to

help you to match more closely with what

they're really looking for. And it's

going to help you stand out well ahead

of the competition.

So, what I suggest you

do is three things. Number one, as you're

getting ready to step up and to move

towards the promotion or the selection

panel whatever it is you're

contemplating in the near term,

start right now to live as if you are

already at that level. This doesn't mean

lording it over other people,

making decisions that you've no

right to make. But, in your own mind start

to think as if you are already at that

more senior level. Number two, is look

very clearly at the bigger picture and

contextualize the role that you're

seeking to get within the bigger picture, in

that bigger environment, and start to map

out what needs to happen and perhaps

come up with a one-pager within the next

few days as to what you would

do if you were in

that post right now. And, the third thing

I suggest you do over the next

couple of days and weeks is start to

become a very keen observer of the

people who are already inhabiting that

next level up. What are they doing? What

are they saying? How are they moving?

What are they looking like, to actually

signify that they are at that level. This

is not so that you can just slavishly

copy them, but it is about actually

learning from the group that you are

seeking to join, the group that you are

looking to gain membership of. What they

do and also know what they shouldn't be

doing and what you shouldn't be doing in

order to appear at that level and that

will help you immediately start to adopt

the right mindset.

So I hope you found this useful.

Please do take the action. If

you want to learn more about making an impression go over to

www.learntoinfluence.com/impact

Of course, make sure to

SUBSCRIBE while you're

there LIKE this post and, if you know

somebody else who's up for a promotion

please make sure to SHARE this

with them as well.

Until next time, see you soon.

For more infomation >> Up For Promotion? How to Step Ahead of Your Competition - Duration: 5:47.

-------------------------------------------

Kids Games - Panda Pop - CHILDREN PLAYING LIGHT - Games For Kids - Duration: 10:01.

Like and Subcribe Channels To Support Me

For more infomation >> Kids Games - Panda Pop - CHILDREN PLAYING LIGHT - Games For Kids - Duration: 10:01.

-------------------------------------------

Cartoons for children: Out of This Word - Hook, Line, Sinker EP18 - Duration: 1:36.

For more infomation >> Cartoons for children: Out of This Word - Hook, Line, Sinker EP18 - Duration: 1:36.

-------------------------------------------

Pueblo West gunning for a playoff appearance again - Duration: 0:38.

For more infomation >> Pueblo West gunning for a playoff appearance again - Duration: 0:38.

-------------------------------------------

Arirang TV calling for government action in securing stable financial, legal foundation - Duration: 2:02.

Arirang TV is Korea's only worldwide English-language broadcaster.

Naturally many viewers outside the nation keep abreast of what's happening in Korea

through Arirang.

But a budgetary and funding issue may provide insurmountable challenges for the channel

you're watching now to continue serving its purpose.

Our Song Ji-sun explains further.

(Stand-up) "It's been over two decades since Arirang

TV - an affiliate of Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, started beaming Korea's

culture and current affairs around the world.

Now, it reaches well over 120-million households in a staggering 105 countries.

But it's getting difficult for the station to carry on its duty due to worsening budgetary

and funding issues."

Despite the significance of Arirang TV, its budget is just 45 million U.S. dollars - far

less than other global English broadcasters - at just a quarter of France 24's budget

and one-tenth that of Deutsche Welle.

Arirang TV has been sustaining its own funding since its foundation, filling in an annual

deficit of around 4 million dollars, but now even that fund has run dry.

To make matters worse, the government has slashed its 2018 budget by 8-million dollars.

Joining the National Union of Media Workers' move to normalize public media, Arirang TV

is calling on the government to prepare a long-term plan so that we can continue our

vital role as an international broadcaster and better represent the country on the global

stage.

It is now time for the Korean government to secure a stable legal and financial footing

for Arirang, so that the channel can create better content for global audiences and produce

quality programs promoting the country and its cultural products such as the Korean Wave.

Song Ji-sun, Arirang News.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét