Thứ Năm, 31 tháng 8, 2017

Waching daily Aug 31 2017

[MUSIC PLAYING]

When I first started at MIT in 1970, one of my jobs

was as a bulb-snatcher.

My job was to go around and inspect the bulbs,

and someone else would come later on and pick them up.

This job is not around today like it was at the time.

When I do see a bulb I have this feeling

that, that's what I used to do.

I had a good time doing it.

I enjoyed it.

It was OK.

I'm Peter Hicks, and I worked at MIT for 47 years.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

When I started at MIT, I was 24 years old.

And my impression of the place was wow.

And over my time here at MIT, I've

held a variety of positions.

Mail service is the one that I've been in the longest,

and it's been great.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

While I'm delivery packages, I like talking with people

and interacting with them.

Hello.

Got a package for you here.

Some of them are very interesting.

They tell me interesting things that I never knew.

And I try to do the same back with them.

Yep, I enjoy it.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

People have asked me quite a few times,

why are you here so long?

Well, I tell you, I just love MIT as a great place to work.

And I would hope anyone else that come along

would have the same feeling.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

I have an expectation, of how long I want to work here,

but then again, that might come and go too.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

Away we go.

I'm just gonna give it day by day and year by year

and see what happens.

If I be here longer than I'd expect, that would be good too.

I do feel proud to work here.

Even feel that way when I tell someone that I work at MIT.

They just say, you're kidding me.

I would say to someone that's young, that's coming into MIT,

I would say, make sure you take care of yourself.

Make sure you treat people the way you want to be treated.

And give it your best shot, and always try to do your best.

And that's the way I try to carry myself.

I just be me, you know.

Simple as that.

For more infomation >> I'm Peter Hicks, and I've worked at MIT for 47 years - Duration: 3:21.

-------------------------------------------

Montana Tech preparing for season opener against rival Carroll College - Duration: 1:52.

For more infomation >> Montana Tech preparing for season opener against rival Carroll College - Duration: 1:52.

-------------------------------------------

#AskSpitzer - Will we be able to talk to Spitzer for as long as we've talked to Voyager? - Duration: 2:09.

Hello my name is Michael Werner and I'm the Project Scientist for the Spitzer Space

Telescope. I've been asked to answer the question – "Can we talk with Spitzer as

long as we've talked to Voyager - which is 40 years - and where will Spitzer be in

a 100 years?" The short answer to that question is in principle we could talk to Spitzer after

40 years but it is unlikely that we will be able to do so. This is sort of illustrated

by this picture which shows the orbit of Spitzer and this is the Earth, this is the Sun, and

with time relative to the Earth, Spitzer has been drifting away and right now it is out

about here. So from this picture we can see that it will take about 50 years for Spitzer

to go all the way around but right at the moment we're only planning to continue to

communicate with it for maybe 3 or 4 more years at which point as Spitzer continues

to move we're going to kind of lose track of where it is, and wouldn't quite know

where to look when we wanted to recover it and talk to it 40 years from now. In addition

we're not totally confident that the hardware on Spitzer will survive that long in the harsh

space environment, although Voyager of course has in fact survived for 40 years. For the

second part of the question - Where will Spitzer be in 100 years? It takes it about 50 years

to go around this circle so in 50 years it'll come back close to the Earth and then in another

50 years it'll be close to the Earth again, but as I said I don't think we will be talking

to it then. So I think our best strategy is to work well with Spitzer until the mission

comes to an end in the next 4 or 5 years and then wish her adieu and farewell as she continues

to orbit the Sun just as the Earth does. Thank you.

For more infomation >> #AskSpitzer - Will we be able to talk to Spitzer for as long as we've talked to Voyager? - Duration: 2:09.

-------------------------------------------

AEP Texas ask for your patience - Duration: 2:30.

For more infomation >> AEP Texas ask for your patience - Duration: 2:30.

-------------------------------------------

Trump vows real tax reform for everyday Americans MSNBC - Duration: 9:21.

For more infomation >> Trump vows real tax reform for everyday Americans MSNBC - Duration: 9:21.

-------------------------------------------

20% Chance for T-Storms - Duration: 2:52.

For more infomation >> 20% Chance for T-Storms - Duration: 2:52.

-------------------------------------------

SmartWay for Logistics Service Providers: Delivering Greater Value in the Supply Chain - Duration: 1:12.

[music]

Narrator: Successful third party logistics

providers or '3PLs,' manage the warehousing,

inventory, transportation, shipping and delivery of products so that their clients can focus

on their core business.

Third party logistics companies that partner with EPA through SmartWay can create more

value in a client's supply chain by:

One: Providing transportation solutions that include analyses of efficiency gains and emissions

reductions across the freight network;

Two: Advising clients on how SmartWay performance data can be used to strengthen investor relations

and sustainability reporting, and

Three: Facilitating collaboration and creating more resilient and efficient transportation

systems.

For third party logistics providers that want to enhance their capabilities and differentiate

their services joining SmartWay makes good business sense!

So what are you waiting for? Find another route to help improve customer performance

and satisfaction. Join SmartWay today!

[music]

For more infomation >> SmartWay for Logistics Service Providers: Delivering Greater Value in the Supply Chain - Duration: 1:12.

-------------------------------------------

SmartWay for Carriers: Building Efficiency into Your Fleet Operations - Duration: 0:56.

[music]

Narrator: Shippers select carriers based on

criteria like safety, price and on-time delivery.

If your company is already scoring high marks in these categories,

take the next step.

Join EPA's SmartWay program!

SmartWay provides three simple benefits:

One: Tools to calculate air emissions and fleet efficiency,

Two: Company-specific reports on emission reductions, fuel and cost savings and

Three: Reports to benchmark environmental performance that can be shared with customers and the

public for sustainability reporting.

Many shippers already give preferences or ask their carriers to join SmartWay.

So what are you waiting for?

Get on board and join today!

[music]

For more infomation >> SmartWay for Carriers: Building Efficiency into Your Fleet Operations - Duration: 0:56.

-------------------------------------------

SmartWay for Shippers: The Business Case for Green Freight - Duration: 1:16.

[Music]

Narrator: Transportation and logistics are

important pieces in the supply chain and

key to a healthy bottom line.

But they're also a source of emissions and air pollution.

That's why shippers that want to reduce freight costs and their environmental footprint

join EPA's SmartWay program.

SmartWay provides shipper partners three easy steps to assess and reduce the environmental

impact of freight transport in their supply chains:

One: a standard set of assessment tools to capture energy and emissions metrics from

their transportation networks

Two: performance reports that can be used to make smarter decisions about the way their

products and supplies are moved

Three: data-based results that can be easily shared with suppliers, investors, carriers

and customers to demonstrate the bottom line benefits of sustainable freight like energy

savings, fewer emissions and leadership!

So what are you waiting for?

Join SmartWay today and keep your sustainability efforts on track.

[music]

For more infomation >> SmartWay for Shippers: The Business Case for Green Freight - Duration: 1:16.

-------------------------------------------

How to Detox Lungs for Heavy Smokers - Purify Your Lungs Naturally - Duration: 3:31.

Hello.. Welcome back to our channel.

Today our video topic is about: How to Detox Lungs for Heavy Smokers.

If this is the first time you visit to our channel. You can consider to subscribe, so

you won't miss the next great videos from us.

Smoking is enormously a bad habit and harmful to human body and the surroundings to a large

extent. Lungs are the crucial organ, responsible for the proper exchange of gases like oxygen

and carbon dioxide. However, various particulates of cigarettes and smoke causes decrease in

overall functioning of lungs. But at some extent lungs uses its cilia to catch bacteria

and dust particles to throw them out of the lungs through mucus.

The lungs of smokers are so badly affected that need to be detoxified for healthy well

being. If you are a regular smoker, chances of weakening in the lining, reduced breathing

and less oxygen content are obvious. But if you are a non-smoker, industrial smoke, dust

particles,radioactive and passive smoking causes damage to lungs. In both cases detoxifying

lungs is necessary for a healthy living. 6 Different Steps to to Cleanse and Detox

Your Lungs are: Step 1- Avoid unnecessary exposure to smoke,

carbon monoxide and Keep yourself away from second hand smoking. Also, before the purification

starts, throw all the dairy products as they act as a toxic in presence of chemicals.

Step 2- Drink lots of water in order to stay dehydrated and relaxed. Adequate amount of

water in the body helps to flush out toxins and undesirable elements out of the system

through urine. Step 3- Introduce foods like onion,ginger,

lemon and garlic to your diet. Garlic helps to flush out poisons from the lungs through

your tiny skin pores, and has the additional effect of clearing sinus cavities, so that

extra mucus comes out of the lungs, which is a medium of carrying multiple toxins and

undesirable elements. Step 4- A change in your lifestyle can bring

a better change to your lungs. This might be possible with developing the habit of physical

activity like exercises (indoor or outdoor), breathing exercises and yoga in your daily

routine which helps to strengthen lung tissues. Also, you can introduce a healthy and balanced

diet such as minimizing meat,dairy and junk foods.

Step 5- There are several herbal remedies for lungs and related complications. You need

to determine which type of herbal component is appropriate for your lungs according to

their condition. Antitussive herbs reduce respiratory spasms, expectorant herbs loosen

mucus, demulcent herbs sooth irritated tissue, and antimicrobial herbs resolve infections.

Step 6- Improve your indoor air to breathe fresh and stay healthy. Detoxing is necessary

for the regeneration of lung tissues. Elimination or reducing toxic load or replacing with fresh

air helps to relieve your immune system. By removing potential irritants from your reach

gives your lungs an opportunity to naturally purify.

For more infomation >> How to Detox Lungs for Heavy Smokers - Purify Your Lungs Naturally - Duration: 3:31.

-------------------------------------------

How To Sell Your Home Fast For Cash - Duration: 5:35.

For more infomation >> How To Sell Your Home Fast For Cash - Duration: 5:35.

-------------------------------------------

How To Put On False Eyelashes For Beginners | In-Depth Tips & Tricks | #BeautyBite - Duration: 7:38.

what's up guys welcome to the cult curator where I help you navigate the

overwhelming world of beauty one tutorial at a time my name is Sonya and

in this week's Beauty bite I'm showing you how to apply false lashes like a pro

if you're new to false lashes the process can be extremely frustrating

which is why I'm going to break it down for you in this step-by-step tutorial

alright so you just need three things when you're applying your lashes the

first thing is the lashes your choice whatever lash that are comfortable with

or that you prefer to wear the second thing is a lot blue and the last thing

is a way to apply the lashes so either your fingers regular tweezers or a la

shop locator so if you're new playing false lashes and you struggle with

applying them the first thing that I recommend is choosing an eyelash that

has a very thin watch band so you can see I'm the one that I'm going to be

wearing for this tutorial it's a clear very thin watch band and the style that

I'm using is Andrea number 92 and just for comparison these are the House of

lashes iconic and you can see that this has a very thick lash band that's gonna

be a lot harder to work with the next thing is lash glue my favorite is the

Revlon precision clear lash adhesive this is really nice because it comes

with a little wand like this which makes it really easy to just apply directly

onto the lashes duo is another popular lash glue that a lot of people would

recommend I personally don't like it and I find that it's a lot more difficult to

work with you have to it doesn't have a little wand like the Revlon one so it's

just more frustrating to work with in my opinion so if you're beginner I would

definitely recommend the Revlon precision lash glue the last thing is

the way that you apply your lashes you can use your fingers but my fingers are

very short and stubby and I don't have long nails so it's difficult for me to

apply lashes that way the next thing is to use regular tweezers that you

used to pluck your eyebrows those when I use them I always end up hooking my

eyelid and it's just painful and frustrating for me to do what so I don't

use that my favorite way to apply lashes is using a la shop locator like this I

find this just easiest because it's made specifically for applying lashes you can

see that it looks like a pair of tweezers but the ends aren't pointy and

they are a lot longer so it just really does a good job of applying lashes in my

opinion it makes the whole thing a lot easier step 2 is to take the lashes off

of the container you want to be careful when you're pulling lashes off of the

plastic because it is glued on see the plastics and you can rip the lashes if

you pull too hard so it's important to be gentle alright - step 3 is to cut the

lashes so that they fit your eye typically when lashes come out of the

package they're going to be longer than your actual eyes so you want to measure

by placing the watch on your eye to see where you need to cut it another note is

to make sure that you don't cut off too much of the lash it's better to cut off

in small sections instead of doing a whole chunk and realizing that the lash

is now too short before you apply your lashes you want to make sure that you

curl your natural lashes and add some mascara this will help them blend into

the falsies a lot better and make it look a lot more natural I like to curl

them not everyone does this but I have very straight lashes so I feel like

curling them makes them blend it a lot it's better and you can use any mascara

that you want it really doesn't matter because it's not going to be really

showing up that much but I'm using the Milani lash trifecta alright so when I'm

applying logically onto the lashes I like to take the lashes on the

applicator like this and I'm just going to take the wand and run a thin coat

along the lash band you don't want too much product you just

want a little bit just enough to coat it and for the inner and outer corner I

actually like to apply it a little bit more like a little kind of bubble of

glue not too much but just like more than you did on the rest of the wash

because those areas tend to lift up throughout the day you can see that

there's a thin layer of lash glue and the ends have a little bit more lash

glue now you just want to wait a couple of seconds for the lash glue to dry up a

little bit that way it gets a little bit tacky and it doesn't slide around your I

love it so I know applying falsies I like to tilt my head back a little bit

and look down my eyes are still open and I didn't see myself in the mirror

perfectly but I like to do it just enough so that my eyelid is increasing

anymore now when I'm applying my lashes I like to hold it on the lash itself not

the band because that's where the glue is and when I'm taking it onto my eye I

like to bring it from above and then drop it down onto my lid like that it's

important to do that instead of coming straight on like this because then I

brush my lashes I end up with glue all over the place it gets stuck and it

doesn't sit on the lid as nicely so now I'm going to go in and apply the lashes

and at first you just want to kind of rest it

it's not applied onto my lid yet but it's just kind of sitting there so that

it makes it easier for me to move it around and I like to work with the outer

corner and attach it with a lock shop locator I like to push the falsies into

my lash like this so I'm just going along and pushing them together and as

this is drying you want to kind of push the lashes upwards like this so that

they sit up I don't know if you can see this on camera but now there's a little

bit of lash glue residue on my applicator so before I move into the

other eye I like to actually take a makeup wipe or some makeup remover and

clean it off that way the lash applicator doesn't stick to my other

lash now I'm just going to apply the other blush onto my lid you want the

lash on your skin and not on your actual lashes because when you pull it off that

will take your actual lashes off also and once you do that you're all finished

and that's how you apply lashes alright guys that does it for this tutorial I

hope you enjoyed it just remember that when you're applying lashes for the

first time or even the first few times that it's going to be frustrating and

it's going to be messy these are normal experiences that most people go through

so you're not alone and don't feel discouraged because with practice and

these tips you'll be able to start applying lashes like a pro so if these

tips were helpful if they were and you enjoyed this video don't forget to give

it a thumbs up and if you're new to my channel and you love makeup don't forget

to subscribe so that you don't miss out on any of my tips

tricks that you can easily add to your makeup routine that deserve for this

video but I post every Tuesday and Thursday so stay tuned for the next one

bye

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét