Thứ Bảy, 30 tháng 12, 2017

Waching daily Dec 30 2017

Watch any movie, and there's the clearly obvious bad guy, or bad guys whom the protagonist

fights.

there's a demon to exorcise.

The bad guy commits atrocities while helpless people look on.

The bad guy kills, rapes and plunders while the innocent suffer from his cruelty.

The bad guy has got the whole system rigged, and don't you dare challenge him.

He'll kill you if you so much as threaten him, and his authority is total.

Nobody can touch him and nothing can hurt him.

The protagonist starts out as a nice guy.

A nice guy who hails from a humble background.

A nice guy who has not much ambition in life, and not much care beyond leading his life.

The protagonist is content and happy with what he has, and is confident in his ability

to survive.

The contrast is clear.

The nice guy is generous and honest.

The bad guy is totalitarian and nervous.

His bad behavior stems from insecurity because he's worried about the world… or specifically,

his own world.

The protagonist, on the other hand, is oblivious to the world around him…

Since he has not a care in the world.

In fact, the protagonist is painfully oblivious to all the bad guys and bad things that surround

him.

And then their paths cross.

The totalitarian bad guy obviously crushes something or someone the good guy cares about.

The "how" is immaterial.

Rape, or murder, or humiliation, or injury, or mockery.

Whatever.

The protagonist now, in his obliviousness, goes to appeal to whomsoever he believes is

righteous judge.

Maybe it's the police, or the law, or maybe it's a king.

This is the person or body that the protagonist believes as having the ultimate power, as

well as the clearest intention of upholding justice.

It is his contact with his perceived "system" that makes the nice guy realize how thoroughly

the bad guy has got the system rigged.

And that is when he begins to pick a fight of his own accord.

At first it's only a matter of defending himself, his property and his people.

And his dignity, or ideas.

But pretty soon he finds out that there is no way to survive unless he completely surrenders.

The bad guy just won't let him.

He refuses to budge, but is filled with self-doubt.

And that limbo lasts for only a minute or two before the bad guy makes contact again.

This time, the humiliation is total.

The nice guy loses someone… or something he really cares for.

And *now* he just about loses it.

Now, he becomes an avenger.

He decides to crush the bad guys once and for all… and then sets out on his final

journey.

Inching closer to the climax, he kills everyone who protects the bad guy one by one… until

he finally gets his hands on the bad guy.

Almost.

But the bad guy has another trick up his sleeve.

He'll reverse the fortunes one more time… if only temporarily.

But suddenly the bad guy realizes for the first time… that the innocent are not that

afraid of him any longer.

The losses he has already suffered at the hands of the protagonist, who's now no longer

nice, have dented the perception he worked so hard to build.

And now everybody can see through him.

And that's where you get your final climax.

The protagonist once again reverses the situation, and finally manages to kill the bad guy.

The victory is exhilarating.

For every single member of the audience.

When a movie is made well, you feel that pure joy, that exhilaration that the protagonist

appears to have.

Even if the victory is bittersweet, the release of tension is complete.

Roll credits.

And that's the story we keep telling ourselves.

We are fine.

We'll rise to the occasion when we need to.

There are other forces keeping us down.

There are bad people, or bad governments, or bad agencies, or bad economy, or bad upbringing…

or something else that's external… something else that we have no control over… that

keeps us down.

We are waiting for the first clear confrontation.

For that chance at heroism.

But here's what we don't get…

The "bad guys" don't exist in the real world.

The demons with authoritative and totalitarian power only exist in movies.

In real life, there is very *rarely* an external demon to exorcise.

The real reason why you haven't confronted a bad guy in your life is because they don't

exist.

I mean sure there are bad people… and sure there are bad situations and unfavorable factors

out there.

I'm not denying that.

All I am saying is that in the world we live in, there is nothing out there that can actually

keep us down.

The demon you are looking for stares right back at you every single day when you look

into the mirror.

You are your own villain.

Your own demon to exorcise…

You are the one keeping yourself down… and you don't even realize it.

It's always easy to point the finger at something or someone external and claim they

are the reason why you're not where you want to be.

And why you're not WHO you want to be.

But it's equally hard to point that finger at yourself and understand that if you're

not who you think you're meant to be, then it's because of you.

If you don't have what you want, then it's because of you.

It would make for a really boring movie if you took someone who was self-driven and then

just went on to succeed on account of will power and ambitious alone… unless you're

portraying the bad guys.

And even then, movies only work well if there are catalysts that propel the protagonist

into doing good things, or bad but great things.

The bad guys can be ambitious, and nobody questions that.

But the protagonist must be reacting to external triggers at all times.

Unfortunately for you, in the real world, no such catalyst exists.

Or at least waiting for external triggers is no way to predictably create the future

that you dream about.

You are your own demon to exorcise.

You keep waiting and thus wasting your time.

Wasting your life.

You are your own worst nightmare.

You're the insidious laziness.

You are the negative talker who keeps scaring you away from action.

And unless you get that… unless you stop waiting for triggers… you will never succeed.

Success requires self-driven-ness, and that is the exact opposite of waiting for something

to happen… or for some stars to line up… or for the situation to be right.

For more infomation >> The Demon To Exorcise Is You Yourself - Duration: 8:17.

-------------------------------------------

What is the most disgusting thing you found in your food? - Duration: 6:56.

What is the most disgusting thing you found in your food?

I've a had a few of these experiences.

Most recently was last year. My grandad took me to KFC one night after an awards night at my high school to grab some dinner for at home. I ordered some new burger with bacon, chicken and cheese.

My grandad dropped me home and I went to my room, sat on my bed and started digging in to my burger, playing some game on my phone.

Halfway through, I felt something sharp in my teeth. I went to the bathroom to see what I was doing, and pulled out a long, brown cockroach leg.

I felt so sick, threw out the rest of the burger and messaged KFC on Facebook explaining what happened, with a photo of the leg. They gave me a refund.

A few months ago, I was really hungry after college. I was craving for Biryani (a heavenly rice dish slowly cooked with meat and spices).

I decided to go to the nearest hole in the wall which served Biryani,. I've never been there before. Biryani is served with a side gravy made from chilies. It elevates the taste of Biryani to a whole new level.

I dug into Biryani like a dog that day, requesting for extra gravy servings and pouring them all at once. And then suddenly I bit a piece of chicken which tasted soft, really really soft.

But it got stuck in my braces. I sensed something was not right and spat it out. It was no chicken. It was a bar soap. A frigging bar of soap! Now it had stuck in my braces.

I was in the worst situation possible. The soap wouldn't leave until I brush my teeth, because of the braces. I could not finish my Biryani.

I noticed another, bigger piece of soap floating in the cup of gravy. That was it! Never turned back. And the next journey for about 45 minutes to home with soap stuck deep all around my braces….

I only have authentic Biryani since then. This story ends with a wad of cash and an appreciation of my mother and her willingness to go to bat for me.

One Saturday night I ordered a takeaway from a popular fast food restaurant. Fried chicken and chips. Despite my hunger and usual tendency to bolt my food that night I looked at my chicken before making it vanish forever.

Cooked into the side of the chicken under the batter was a long thin piece of metal about two and a half inches long. Had I bitten into it my (recently freed from braces) teeth could have been seriously damaged.

Not disgusting in the traditional sense but certainly horrifying. I showed it to my mother who assumed her mama bear face.

Quick as a flash we were back to the takeaway with the piece of metal (already photographed) and one seriously irritated mother. The manager wasn't in but my mother demanded he contact her the following day.

I just stood beside her and let her do her thing.

A couple of days later we ended in a hotel bar meeting with the bigwig regional manager. He informed us that the piece of metal was from one of the fryers.

My mother let him know, in no uncertain terms, her opinion of their safety procedures. He offered us 100 Euro of vouchers in exchange for the piece of metal.

(This, incidentally, was the outcome my health freak father most feared). My mother scoffed and said it should be cash and have another zero on the end.

She was seriously annoyed at the thought of how badly this mishap could have damaged my teeth/mouth. She mentioned hungry lawyers (this being recessionary times ) and local radio stations looking for stories.

We weren't really interested in this route just an acknowledgement that this was unacceptable and an apology. While all this was going on I endeavored to keep a straight face and crafted the anecdote I would tell families and friends.

Eventually the manager got the piece of metal, I got 500 euro and my mother got to assuage her mama bear sense of outrage.

I was boiling an egg, but realised it was only semi-boiled after I took it out and had washed the pots. So lazy me decided to pop it in the microwave uncracked for a few minutes.

I heard a pop and made a mental note not to cook uncracked eggs in the microwave again. As I cracked open the egg, I noticed small globules of something peach-coloured.

I peeled apart the egg and revealed a semi-raw baby chick fetus in my egg, and the smell of cooked chicken wafted in my nostrils. Needless to say, it took me almost a year before I went back to eating boiled eggs.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét