Thứ Bảy, 30 tháng 12, 2017

Waching daily Dec 30 2017

..if conditions are quite good on 40 meters

Anton said he was gonna record me which is very polite know so we don't better

go on aeroplane mode though very good day everybody my name is Calum from DX

commander and I've never had built a cobweb okay but my interest was sparked

when I was trying out an antenna which I have never you don't know about I called

it the banana the banana aerial and I was very keen on getting this built

launched into production and and and I have a song I was using the banana I was

thinking on 80 meters and I bumped into Steven Webb who did told me about his

cobweb and he made easy and and there was a particular component in the chain

of the banana and he said all know so that'll be and will be very good a lot

of losses there you know which is one of the reasons come where it is I put my

infrared gun because I thought if there's losses in that then it must heat

up so I can just squirt 400 watts through it and if it heats up he was

right but with mr. G father G 5rv being wrong in my opinion

then who knows so my interest was sparked I didn't quite know how it works

I knew effectively a cobweb it's forgetting all the bands let's just take

a twenty element halo type antenna so I've got one on the on the screen here

this is 20 18 15 12 and 10 but you see how there's two lights can nice view

that just scroll in a bit I mean it's just a hand-drawn one but there's a red

line and a black line here because if you made an aerial just like that out of

a single wire the impedance would be quite low by making it in a folded

configuration what happens is the impedance Oh got about five factor of

four because if you model this and I'll show you in a minute you'll get about 12

ohm and painted another nice way of doing

this because this would add a lot of wire up in the air wouldn't it another

way doing it would be two would be to use single wire with effectively a 1 to

4 transmission transformation Valon and not quite I've seen how they made it

I've never made one of them either so they're anyway so I thought do these a

couple of people have said oh you know all about this stuff Callum how does it

how does a cobweb compare to a dipole now I haven't done this but I've built

the to have I and we get rid of all this do I want to save changes that was the

g5 RV haha sound making 2 3 films of a lunch herbs I'm trying to get them lined

up and put in stock so when I'm in the office you think I'm in here what the

hell we doing oh yeah let's fire up at my antenna analyzer twice once there and

once there and what we'll do is we'll put we'll open up the dipole don't tell

me I didn't will have to quickly make a dipole cobweb there and we'll make a

dipole here X said give me a line from there to there that's that's probably

too long it is so we'll zoom these down to 5 meters and then we'll be done so I

actually thought I'd saved on but obviously I haven't and I'll do some

fine-tuning on my dipole we'll need to add a source in other words fit our

wrong end fit our coax to the middle there and I know that at five point two

meters with bare copper wire and minus five point two meters at 10 meters off

the ground we will end up with copper Walla

not a bad match about 1.45 to 100 I know my aerials as they say and this one here

we do there and now I'm cheating I've got an

impedance down here look at thirteen point eight ohms but I've got one point

two three and that's because I've told it I've actually got coax at 12 ohms

because that's actually we how it's made so I just briefly put a single element

together off part of the cobweb how it would look like because the rest of them

would come off at different angles wouldn't they and come around here and

stop and this would be the sort of twin feed do they call it all turns to be a

single line with a transformer ballon somewhere in here it's only we've

calculated - we wanted to know how they would perform in real life so I wouldn't

have thought these would be used in the main probably about 15 degrees elevation

so let's have a look so cobweb says three point two computer says four point

five so okay one point three apples and off the side here - one point two was

more there so it what's the real gain at the maximum at 10 meters say 30 degrees

seven 30 degrees five okay so what we're doing what the dipole is making up on

the side here the cobweb is is making up on but it's slightly less gain off the

edges if you know what I mean so I can look at the far field plot and see if we

can detect any weirdness going on so that's the cobweb and this will be

cobwebs on the left just not bad little Ariel is it really you see you probably

have to rotate that when you the dipole whereas the cobweb you could get away

with it what's it like at my baseline at five degrees so it's about the same

there as a vertical would be and it you're losing

off the power minus nine eight seven six maybe more than half the power off off

the edge but depends on the height as if you can get it up ten ten meters a lot

of people are putting these cobwebs up about eight remember you know just on

the chimney and no more you know in a UK house that would be a little bump here

so we're getting five there four point nine there five degrees so I've lost two

meters that so minus seven point six now and minus eleven

you need the height if that's 420 your remember this work at 1715 and so on the

higher up you go frequency the higher you are in terms of number of

wavelengths you are from the ground so once you're up even seventeen meters

would be pretty good and we could actually do a quick test couldn't we

just show me this what it's like at eighteen point one isn't it we're 0.15

or something so same aerial same height eight meters

but relatively we shouldn't be doing too bad yeah so we're better than the

vertical now look interesting isn't it so would I recommend a cobweb I might do

I think it'd be a great construction project I'd have a go at it chaps its I

honestly didn't think it would be accurate but I'm I'm convinced I said

dipole that's what it is almost omnidirectional make it happen

enjoy your aerials enjoy your rigs at fun when RF chaps

my name's Callum from das commander m0 mcx signing off

you

For more infomation >> Is a Dipole better than a Cobweb Antenna? Ham Radio Aerials explored. - Duration: 8:39.

-------------------------------------------

Grime music is fueling the use of 'skunk', expert warns | news 24h - Duration: 9:09.

Popular grime artists such as Stormzy are fueling the use of 'skunk' by treating cannabis as 'product placement' in their chart-topping songs, researcher warns

Stormzy heavily references cannabis in Shut Up - which reached number 8 in the charts.

Grime music is fueling the use of skunk because artists are referencing the drug in their chart-topping songs, warns a cannabis researcher.

Ian Hamilton, based at York University, warned the popular music genre contains hundreds of lyrics glorifying the use of the class B drug.

Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, he described songs featuring mentions of weed, including those by Stormzy, Kano and Wiley, as essentially product placement.

Stormzy, a 23-year-old artist who has 107 million followers on Twitter, heavily references cannabis in Shut Up - a tune which saw the Mobo-winner reach number eight in the UK Singles Chart.

And Mr Hamilton revealed that such music brands itself quite well to promoting a product - whether thats Nike, Adidas or even weed.

He said: It's essentially product placement by some of these artists about cannabis and other drugs, and it's not balanced in any way and not countered by evidence.

What we definitely know about drug use and young people is that their expectations about the drug and who they are with have huge influence on them.

Lyrics can plant the seed of an idea, and it's not an abstract idea, it's something they do pretty quickly and at low risk.

If the association, viewing it as a product placement, is cool and something that may enhance their status as a young person, then that becomes quite attractive.

They don't have a choice [young people] about the type of cannabis they can get hold of, it's high potency or nothing.

Young people dont care about breaking laws .

He added that the fact cannabis is illegal is irrelevant to most young people because its not a concern to them like theft or burglary is.

However, Stormzy isnt the only grime artist to reference cannabis in his bars - the urban term used to describe lyrics in a grime track, Kano has also.

Wiley, considered to be the godfather of grime, also mentions cannabis in his songs.

CANNABIS ON THE STREETS OF BRITAIN: THE FACTS  The latest figures available showed that more than two million people in England and Wales smoked cannabis in 2016.

For the previous year, Crime Survey figures showed a million of these were aged between 16 to 24.

The substance is currently a Class B drug in the UK, and anyone found in possession can face up to five years in prison.

Selling the drug can get someone 14 years in prison and an unlimited fine.

The same punishment exists for giving it to friends for free.

It is illegal to be under the influence of cannabis while driving, and can result in a prison sentence and disqualification.

On the streets, the average price of an ounce of cannabis tends to be in the region of £200.

This is often enough for 40 joints, depending on how strongly people roll them.

Reports suggest that around 270 tons of cannabis is consumed every year in Britain - which would equate to around £8.6 million at the aforementioned pricing. Some 80 per cent of this is grown here and not imported.

But during 2011/2012, in excess of 1.1 million plants were seized by police - with an estimated street value of £207 million.

However, Mr Hamilton warned that the health problems of grime music could stretch way beyond just high potency cannabis. Promoting dangerous tobacco .

The lecturer in mental health told MailOnline: The problem we've got in the UK is the way that cannabis is used with tobacco.

They don't have a choice [young people] about the type of cannabis they can get hold of, it's high potency or nothing Ian Hamilton, a mental health lecturer at York University.

The combination may be an introduction to smoking – if someone listens to a bit of grime music, they may be warmed up to the idea of trying it.

Chances are they will try a spliff, which contains tobacco, not like an American kid who is more likely to just have cannabis.

Grime music acts as a gateway to tobacco exposure inadvertently, for many young people it will be an appealing introduction, or a curiosity they may act on.

Tobacco is linked to 17 types of cancer, including lung, throat and bladder - and is deemed to be the most preventable form of the disease. Stop rolling joints with tobacco .

Mr Hamilton issued a warning earlier this year that teenagers should stop rolling their cannabis joints with tobacco earlier this year if they dont want cancer.

Mr Hamilton warned that the health problems of grime music could stretch way beyond just high potency cannabis.

He suggested youngsters should instead smoke the drug on its own if they want to get high because no such links to cancer exist with cannabis.

Mr Hamilton told MailOnline: If someone like Stormzy steps up to the plate to make it clear what the risks are and problems it could help. Grime music: The origins .

Grime music, which began in London at the turn of the century, has been thrust into the mainstream media in the past year, amid the successful rise of Stormzy.

His debut album, titled Gang Signs & Prayers, released in February, reached number one in the UK charts - a feat achieved by no other artist in the scene.

Stormzys rise to fame, alongside the popularity of Skepta and J Hus, helped sales of grime to rocket by 109 per cent, according to industry figures.

However, Stormzy isnt the only grime artist to reference cannabis in his bars - the urban term used to describe lyrics in a grime track.

Wiley, considered to be the godfather of grime, and other prominent artists such as Kano and Lethal Bizzle have also mentioned cannabis in their songs.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét