Thứ Sáu, 17 tháng 2, 2017

Waching daily Feb 18 2017

A few days ago I announced a video contest where the winner would get my full suspension

mountain bike.

If you didn't see that video the link is in the description.

As of now the contest is still going on.

I've already accepted hundreds of applications, and rejected many more.

The most common reason for rejection?

No video.

A lot of people complained that they couldn't make a video because of the big snowstorm

in the Northeast.

That didn't stop this guy.

Or this guy.

In fact a lot of people had snow days and used the time off of work or school to their

advantage.

Some people told me they didn't have a camera.

This might be the worst excuse.

If you don't have a camera surely you know someone with a cell phone, tablet or laptop,

all of which have cameras.

If nobody is willing to lend you one then chances are you're not very trustworthy.

Other people complained that they didn't know how to make a video, but that's also

a crappy excuse.

You can't do anything if you don't try, and a good place to start is Google.

This contest inspired a lot of people to post their first videos and even start their own

YouTube channels.

Another bad excuse was not having a bike.

This poor guy was packing up to go to the bike park on his carbon full suspension office

chair.

Application accepted.

So the reason I spent the last minute talking about who got rejected is because a lot of

you guys have gone to great lengths to submit videos.

Instead of looking for excuses, you looked only for solutions.

Instead of saying I can't, you learned something new.

In life, you don't win or earn anything by showing up and saying "I can't".

If you've already exhibited a defeatist attitude during the application process, then

how can we expect you to maintain a mountain bike?

What will you do if you break a derailleur hanger?

Will you also say "I cant" and put the bike in your shed forever.

None of us want to see that, so the winners will be go getters with can-do attitudes.

Wait did I just say winner(s)?

If you remember, I only accepted applications from people 5' 7" or below, because my

bike is a small and it needs to go to someone who can fit on it.

So understandably a lot of you guys were kinda bummed out, but you took it in stride.

You understood my predicament, and even gave your best wishes to the people who were eligible.

Well today everything changes.

I asked my friends at Diamondback if there was anything they could do, and they said

hell yes.

For the next 7 days I'm accepting applications from people 5' 8" and taller.

One of you will win a brand new 2017 Release 3 courtesy of Diamondback.

It may not be my personal bike you're getting, but who are we kidding here? this is awesome!

As for my international subscribers who make up 65% of my audience, you'll have your

day.

Once this contest is over I need to go back to making normal videos for a bit, and then

I'll start scheming as to how to hook you guys up.

As for everyone who just became eligible, it's time to get to work!

In the end there will be a first and second place winner, both of which will get bikes.

The shorter person will get my personal bike, and the taller person will get the same bike

in their size from Diamondback.

Every bit of info you could possibly want is in the description, including the specs

on the bike and the link to sign up.

I need to get back to reviewing applications, so thanks for riding with me today and I'll

see you next time.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét